L'Oreal HiP Concentrated Duo - Wicked #818

4.4

on 6/17/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I only really use the gold color for this eyeshadow. I wanted to give this 4 lippies, but to be honest, the purple, although gorgeous, I don't really use that much because it's more like a flat purple that you have to be careful to use or else you'll look tired by lining the top, bottom and contouring your lid with it.

I would buy this duo again only because of the gold shade which even shows up in the evening if you layer it on. During the day, the gold colour is soft and unique, it's not harsh and super sparkly like some crazy glittery lines. I would use the gold for a day to evening look and still wear the purple with it during the day, but be careful about layering too much of the purple at night since dark circles that make you look tired don't photograph well on anyone!

on 5/16/2013 9:53:00 PM

One of the best of the drug store eyeshadows. I have bought several of the colors and the HIP Line is the best.

I've been using this pretty much since the day it came out. The colors are gorgeous. The gold is very shimmery without any sparkles, and it just looks amazing on. The purple is a very nice tone, the purple doesn't last as long as the gold does, but it's still gorgeous. I haven't gotten much use out of it because I usually stick to a more neutral palette, but I still love to use it and its a funny duo to use for party make-up.

on 3/24/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this duo! This is the first time I've ever hit pan on an eyeshadow. The gold side is awesome! It's shiny without glitter, but applies very clean, which is probably why I hit pan. I like the purple, but it's chalky, yet that hasn't stopped me from using it. I wet my crease brush and it blends nicely. One of my favorite eye shadows.

on 1/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

Really enjoy using the matte purple over the Maybelline gel liner in Eggplant - it is a dark pigmented purple. This is also a nice shadow to put over black eyeliner for a pop of colour.

The gold is a nice shimmer colour but I haven't put it to good use myself (as I usually use half baked in the naked palette)

on 1/11/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE the gold...the purple isn't so great. This really is HIP--no primer needed.

on 11/27/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The gold/bronze shadow is nice, shimmery without being glittery and compliments my tan skin and brown eyes. Good pigmentation and goes on nice and smooth. The purple on the other hand... Chalky, hard and you really gotte dig in to get anything out.

on 10/13/2011 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Not a big fan of L'oreal eyeshadows - after trying them over and over I finally give up. They aren't very pigmented and I really have to dig into the shadows to get any color out of them. These two colors also don't look very good together. So many better eyeshadows out there for less money. Sorry if you really like these HIP duos =( they just don't work for me.
Also, was this supposed to have a mirror in the bottom opening? I heard somewhere that they were but mine must have fallen out if they do. or maybe they arent supposed to, idk. anyway, would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

L'Oreal HIP eyeshadows are really hit or miss. While I like this particular color combination, it's not my favorite. From my experience, the colors I like best are the ones with a bit of shimmer in them. The purple in this combination is matte and is really chalky. I have to apply a lot to get it to look like the deep purple it's supposed to be. And it doesn't seem to last as long as the shimmery colors. It tends to crease in my lid half way through the day.

I do like the gold color in this combination. It's definitely got more shine to it, however, it seems a bit dark worn all over the lid. But, gold isn't a color I normally wear as a base. And with the purple being too chalky and light, I wouldn't purchase this combination again.

on 7/23/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love these colors.The bronze just looks great on warm tan skin,brightens up my eyes,does match with the purple color which I use for my crease,take it easy with the purple though,cause the other reviews are right,too much will make you look like you got punch.It's true it's highly pigmented,a little goes a long way.After I purchased this ,it started my collection of the hip eyeshadow,that's how I like this and so far still is my favorite from the HIP collection.