August 31, 2014 | 1343 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design Eyeshadow in Mochaccino

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice color for the fall. Its a nice dark brown color and it goes well with the fall colors. Its also very matte which is amazing because I haven't found a lot of matte eyeshadows lately. Its a very pretty base color with a gold eye primer/base.

I bought this shadow in a set of four in a small palette. You can also buy it separately in a pot which would be a lot cheaper if you only want this one color. Both the pot and the mini palette are easy to travel around with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did get this quad as a GWP when I purchased a couple of lancome foaming cleansers.
I have a dear friend who so beautiful but doesn't have a lot of $$ to spend on any kind of make up let alone high end.
I gave this to her with a little lesson on how to apply it. Later I got a wonderful thank you card from her saying that she had so many compliments on how beautful her eyes were when she wore this quad. So going on that I'm going to give this a thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I came on Makeupalley to try and find out what this little quad was called. On the back of mine it says "not for individual sale". I found mine at a little stall at my local shopping centre, so I am not sure how they got hold of so many of these. Reading some of the comments here, they were originally a GWP item. Anyway, I paid $7.00 Australian for this quad which is extremely cheap for Lancome in this country. I definitely agree with one of the comments about the lack of pigment for a high end label. I also found that the pigment was lacking quite a bit for all 4 colours. Having said that, I still loved this quad! I have blue eyes and both of the darker shades worked so well with my eye colour, I just had to use quite a bit of product to get the desired level of colour. I used the champagne colour across my entire lid area as a base. If I could find this quad at a reasonable price on Strawberrynet or similar, I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by koolkatie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS EYESHADOW!
I use this to fill in my eyebrows and contour my face every day. And sometimes, I use it as an eyeshadow too. ;)
Color description: A cool-toned, slightly ashy-toned medium brown-taupe. It is also matte.
Texture, blendability, pigmentation: Not the softest or most buttery shadow I've ever used, but has a very nice, smooth texture. It is very pigmented, but it's still quite blendable.

Having black hair and extremely light eyebrows, it is always hard to find a brow product that isn't too red, orange, yellow, gray, warm, dark, whatever. I just personally prefer how I look with lighter brows than most people with my hair color.
Now, let me tell you, this is the perfect color to fill in the sparse areas and darken them just a bit. The gray-but-not-too-gray, ashy tone of this brown color is very realistic. I am in high school, so most people don't really fill in or darken their eyebrows. No one can tell that I do.

I also love using this to contour my cheekbones, jawline, and nose. I don't contour my jawline every day, but I do contour my cheeks every day, and this is perfect for the same reason that it works as a brow powder. Natural shadows always have a gray undertone, and I cringe whenever I see girls with orangey-brown stripes under their cheekbones. This lacks that warm or orange tone, so it just looks like I have perfect bone structure.
What I do is take a soft, fluffy, smaller-sized powder brush and tap the side a few times in the eyeshadow (What I mean by the side of the brush is that small "corner" of many powder brushes - where the dome ends and the bristles stop. I apologize if this is confusing). I then gently make a line with the brush where I want the hollow of my cheekbone to be, then buff out with the center of the same brush. This distributes the color flawlessly, with no streaking or patchiness, as this can be an issue with some contour powders.
To contour my jawline, I take a smaller, denser brush and get some of the product on it. I focus most of the product right under my jawbone, to deepen the shadow, and on the very side of the jawbone, by my ear, to make the bone look more angular. I then buff out with a small powder brush. Works a treat.
Again, no one can tell that this is makeup, and I often get compliments on my bone structure. :)

If you have those weird, light Asian brows, or are looking for a natural contour color, please give this a try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I am NOT impressed with Lancome eyeshadows. I received the quad for free when I purchased something else.
Now I know why they gave this out for free! Pretty and versatile colors, but the pigmentation is outright insulting. Not what I expected from a "HE" department store product!
This quad had been lingering in my mu case for awhile, and I decided to test it to see if it was worth keeping. I kid you not, I applied this whole quad to one eye and a comparable WNW set on the other (WNW's creme brulee is of similar color and of far superior quality than the lightest one shown in the quad picture). The difference was as stark as night and day. I guarantee you would have wanted to believe the cheapie stuff was actually the Lancome!
Shame on you Lancome, but also thanks, because I will not be wasting any of my money on your eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I have the quad in the picture at home. I found it a small pharmacy in a small tourist town while i was on holiday in New Zealand. It cost me NZ$10 which is a bargain which you work it out in AUS dollars
These are prefect neutrals as people have said below me, the colours are pigmented, go on like butter and are super smooth. the blend well and last all day. They arent overly shimmery, more of a satin finish with some sheen ....perfect. And the matte colours are fab. I dont use primer and they last and i do gym sessions at lunch!
my only gripe is the pans are tiny! like the size of 5cent piece, but can anyone tell me who actually hits their pans ?? I know i havent with heaps of my eyeshadows!! The packaging is cute and there is a mirror. Perfect! :)
other than that i love these eyeshadows and they all work well together. If you can find a palette on special buy it. you wont be dissapointed.
i find these comparable to laura mercier and becca eyeshadows. Cant comment if they compare to mac because i dont own any. But great neutrals :) buy it if you can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color!
I use it for my crease and outer corner with suntouched all over the lid.
Very silky texture and easy to apply, and it STAYS ON until removed
A bit pricey but definately worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lancome's shadows are so underrated. Mochaccino was my first one, and it's a medium matte brown that's great for everyday. The texture is soft and buttery (but still firm enough so that you don't worry about it shattering when you're traveling with it, i.e. Stila). It's also very pigmented and blends better than most of my MAC shadows. I like applying this with a fluffy brush to the crease, blended with Ricepaper on the lid, matte browbone highlight, and black winged liner. It's a nice polished 1950's look that's my go-to. This color is useful for giving a natural looking contour of the eyes--I was looking into buying MAC Wedge for this purpose but I'm glad I looked in my stash first and had this versatile color!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by roocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a daily staple for me. I love the smooth and smooth velvety texture, the rich pigmentation, and the longwearing of this. I put it over the Effercernces as a shadow base and it lasts all day and night. It never fades, is buildable, blendable, and is THE perfect neutral matte brown. I love to put it with Gaze and Postive Color Design shadows. Absolutely gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a holiday palette from the outlet a few years ago and this is my favorite and most used shade out of that palette. It's a beautiful cool toned brown shade that's matte. I have NC35 asian and slightly olive skin and this is really flattering as a lid shade with a darker brown in the crease. It looks really flattering and it goes with everything so I don't have to think about it. The texture for this is also really smooth and pigmented :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No