August 30, 2014 | 1228 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder - Luminance

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This is a beautiful, glowy highlighter! The shimmer is very fine, so it looks like is skin is naturally glowing. The shade is a beige colour, which I find complements my skin well and looks a lot more natural than gold or pink highlighters. The only problem I have with it is that the powder is very soft and cracks easily, so I have to be careful when dipping my brush in. The packaging can also look quite cheap with the pan showing on the bottom. But overall, I prefer it to my higher end highlighters and I love the effect it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why they call this a bronzing powder. It's a highlighter through & through.

I have olive skin and this is the perfect colour for a highlighter. It's finely milled so if you use too stiff of a brush it can literally just wipe off an insane amount, but I like to use my fingers to apply, then a brush to buff it out and it gives the most perfect, subtle, sheer, glowy highlight to my cheekbones, inner eye corners, forehead and cupid's bow. It will accentuate pores though, so I steer clear of using it on my nose as they tend to make mine quite prominent.

The packaging lets it down. For the price, you can't really complain... but at the same time, I travel quite a lot so if the lid broke off (it hasn't happened, but because the lid is so flimsy, I know it will inevitably happen since I use this product nearly every day) then I'd have to purchase another. since carrying this around without a lid is just pointless.

It's a great alternative to TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer if you're not prepared to spend too much on a highlighter. Or if you have yet to use a highlighter and want to test one out before splashing out on one. But either way, a little highlighter goes a long way so forking out 15 for the Mary Lou-Manizer is a great investment!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

this was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy to shimmery for my taste on the face but i do love it as an eyeshadow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product has surprisingly become a favorite in my makeup collection. I picked it up as part of a large ELF haul as you can't buy it in the shops in the UK so I usually place an order every couple of months and order a lot of products. I wasn't expecting much for only 1.50, but I love this. Just like the name, it really is illuminating. Although this is called a bronzing powder, I liken it more to a highlighter than a bronzer because it adds such radiance to my skin. The shade Luminance is very light and I actually use it as a contour as it is just a few shades darker than my natural skin tone. The fact that it is so light allows me to be more adventurous with my contouring (something to which I am new at) and allows me to create perfectly sculpted cheekbones without worrying about any tell tale lines or that the colour is too dark. The only downside is the packaging, unfortunately within a couple of week the top snapped off mine - I'd pay much more for this product if they just fixed the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is marketed as a bronzer, but it's definitely a highlighter. I use a 224 brush, tap it into the pan, and dust it wherever I need highlighted. It does pick up a lot of powder and is finely milled, so I tap/blow on the brush to make sure I don't get too much on my face. But for $1, this is incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my housemate gave this to me. i would not have bought this myself. i dont know where to get ELF products. i wear bronzer every day and i usually use a highlighter. i typically use MAC. either the loose golden bronze irridesent powder or one of the CCBs in hush or pearl. i prefer this powder. i like the pressed powder it is less messy. the tiny compact is great for traveling but it isnt fancy looking. i like this highlighter though on my tan skin. it performs great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bronzer? No. Highlighter? YES. This powder is legit beautiful on the face! I'm taken aback that a $1 pressed powder can look so amazing. It has just the right amount of pearlescent sheen -- perfect for highlighting areas like the inner corners of the eyes, upper cheekbones, and right above the lips. It looks gorgeous. I have Dior's Amber Diamond shimmer powder, and it actually pains me a bit to admit that I have lately (as in all of spring and now summer) been using only this as my highlighter, in lieu of the Dior. Although the quality of this e.l.f. powder is admittedly inferior to that of the Dior, there is just something about the texture of this product which imparts a glow that's somehow more believable, simply more ...well, "glowy," compared to the Dior. No lie. Wish I'd discovered this cheapo gem before shelling out nearly $50, but, oh well. I'm not bitter. (I'm a little bitter... haha) Anyway, all joking aside: Love this powder; highly recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

When I first swatched this on my NC40 skin on my hand I was so disappointed. It looked dull and white with no glow whatsoever. BUT after trying it on my face as highlighter I got the grin on. ;) It works totally different in my face than on my dry hand.
It works perfectly fine as a highlighter and has the sheen of beige and neutral white. Beautiful, It is quite finely milled and I find it to last quite a while if I'm not touching my face too much.
Packaging feels quite cheap, but for 1 dollar, it's all about the product itself isn't it?!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is far too glittery for my taste! The glitter falls all over my face when i try to highlight my cheekbones. I think this is the worst highlighter ive tried from elf :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its finely milled & super silky.Light reflective that I can actually dust this on my forehead, chin, under eye area (over concealer) for a BRIGHTENING effect!!!!! Only Luminance is a powder that can be dusted for that soft focused.