October 25, 2014 | 1322 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Lipstick in Golden Splendor

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really useful lipstick. It goes on pretty sheer but does have enough color to show up on my lips. Though I sometimes wear it on its own, I usually prefer to layer it with another lipstick (Honolulu Honey in particular).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Golden Splendor is my HG (holy grail) everyday lipstick.... I've worn it for many years (about 15+ years). It's not a "boom boom pow" golden lipstick lol, but a nude, warmer-than-champagne, neutral lipstick shade. I used to wear L'oreal Sheer Goldilocks which was a sheer golden lipstick with a ever so slight pink frost to it. Since I like the feel of Colour Riche lipsticks on my lips, when L'oreal discontinued sheer goldilocks, I looked within their product line for a replacement. Golden Splendor was the closest thing to it, and I have not been disappointed. Looks especially beautiful on brown skintones...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Golden splendor is shimmery gold.it last verry long,it goes on smoothly on the application.it goes with: purple,black,gold,nude,orange-gold eye shadows. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is nice for a base color but you need a lip gloss over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by oddthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Golden Splendor was a great find for me. It is quite sheer, which works very well for what I wanted--a wash of golden color to wear over other lipstick shades. I do not like the overly wet look of glosses, so I really wanted to find a "golden" lipstick....not the easiest thing to find!
Now it is a bit frosty, but I find that it is toned down a lot when used rather lightly over other colors. I just get a nice golden highlight over the lipstick shade I am wearing--never a "oooh look at that poor girl's awful frosty lipstick" effect. I would not use this on bare lips, and it is not a good nude lip color choice, but for a "non lip gloss" golden wash, this works very nicely for me. I have not noticed much of a scent or taste, and the price and packaging are just fine. I will most definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not too highly pigmented. This is what I wear with heavy eyes. Just enough to look like something's there, but not bare lips. Just shimmery enough without being juvenile or glittery. On my 2nd tube!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Not a sheer, not shiny, not matte. Just a creamy, luxurious feel. Yummy, almost-chocolately smell. Reasonable price. Not overwhelmingly frosty gold. I like it much better over a stain instead of alone. Elegant packaging. Looks great on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin.

CONS: Wears as frosty than it looks, which might be a con to some. But by the name and the look of it, you should probably be prepared for a golden frost.

****There is a review for this with the name misspelled as "Color" instead of "Colour."****

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is great for two purposes - one is as a sheer glaze over any other lipcolor and the second is on it's own. As a second color, it brings a shimmer to the underlying color & tones it down a tad. It's also great as the highlighter in the center of your bottom lip, if you're looking for just that. On it's own, it serves to mute your natural lip color and add a subtle gold shimmer. I like that when I'm trying to play up my eyes and only want to accent my lips. The only thing that's slightly offputting is the scent/taste: it tastes like soap! I recommend layering a balm over it so you don't have to taste that all night! The other product I like that works similarly, and tastes better is C.O. Bigelow's Vitamin Mentha Golden Mint tinted lip balm. They also make a silver, which looked equally as good on my fair skin but the golden is almost like Golden Splendor.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this, I found that it totally washed me out and was about to return it. Then I tried it to mix it with some of my other lipsticks and found that it was great to either tone down brighter colors or brighten up some other colors (depending on the color and how much I add). I would never wear this alone because of my skin tone/color but it's great to have something that you can mix with other lipsticks to create more vibrant and diverse options.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick works really well on my lips, though I can see why some others would hate it. First off, this particular color is a bit sheer, but also frosty. If you don't like frosty lip products, then I don't recommend this at all.

The color looks very nice on my lips, and it compliments my skin tone. From this product, all I wanted was a subtle gold shine/frost to my lips, and that's exactly what I got. The frost definitely comes across with a gold color, which is very nice.

This lipstick doesn't feel drying on my lips at all, and it glides on easily. Usually when a lipstick feels moist on my lips, though, its staying power isn't fantastic. As long as I don't eat or drink anything, the lipstick will stay on my lips for a few hours. If I do eat or drink, reapplying will be necessary.

Overall, I really like this lipstick mostly because of the gorgeous color. It's one of the best gold lipsticks I've come across.