L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Golden Splendor

3.6

on 7/28/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My fave Loreal lipstick along w Mica & Fairest Nude. I love the color of this, it's a pale champagne frost but also sheer. I've never seen anything exactly like it. Very unique. Not a nude. This is less than $10 & manages to actually be something edgy/interesting from Loreal coz Loreal I think of more in terms of staples (foundation, powder etc). I discovered this lipstick back when I lived in a different state (so prior to 2009!) coz my trusty walgreens lady who helped me w some of my makeup quandaries (she helped me discover Revlon ColorStay foundation as well!!), when she showed me this i was very hesitant but I got it & it's beautiful!! Perfect w smoky eye rimmed in black & carved out contour...MAC Bronze Shimmer lipstick is similar but a little darker, also Nars Honolulu Honey is close. I have both of them but this lipstick is gorg for being DS! I normally don't wear a lot of DS lipstick except for elf & wnw. Stodgy Loreal is not for grannies I rather like them! I just either buy really cheap so I can save up for MAC or wear MAC, period. I've come across some gr8 Loreal products lately.

on 5/26/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I can't even think of any words to say but.... THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST LIPSTICKS I'VE EVER TRIED!!!!!! it hads a weird smell, and there is BARELY any pigmentation at all!!! It behaves like a greasy lip balm!! If you like a $9.99 greasy lipbalm lipstick, than this is 4 you!!! i'm never buying this again!!!

on 1/14/2013 8:32:00 PM

This is a really useful lipstick. It goes on pretty sheer but does have enough color to show up on my lips. Though I sometimes wear it on its own, I usually prefer to layer it with another lipstick (Honolulu Honey in particular).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Golden Splendor is my HG (holy grail) everyday lipstick.... I've worn it for many years (about 15+ years). It's not a "boom boom pow" golden lipstick lol, but a nude, warmer-than-champagne, neutral lipstick shade. I used to wear L'oreal Sheer Goldilocks which was a sheer golden lipstick with a ever so slight pink frost to it. Since I like the feel of Colour Riche lipsticks on my lips, when L'oreal discontinued sheer goldilocks, I looked within their product line for a replacement. Golden Splendor was the closest thing to it, and I have not been disappointed. Looks especially beautiful on brown skintones...

on 3/30/2012 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Golden splendor is shimmery gold.it last verry long,it goes on smoothly on the application.it goes with: purple,black,gold,nude,orange-gold eye shadows. Love it!

on 1/10/2012 11:14:00 PM

It is nice for a base color but you need a lip gloss over it.

on 9/21/2011 3:25:00 AM

Golden Splendor was a great find for me. It is quite sheer, which works very well for what I wanted--a wash of golden color to wear over other lipstick shades. I do not like the overly wet look of glosses, so I really wanted to find a "golden" lipstick....not the easiest thing to find!
Now it is a bit frosty, but I find that it is toned down a lot when used rather lightly over other colors. I just get a nice golden highlight over the lipstick shade I am wearing--never a "oooh look at that poor girl's awful frosty lipstick" effect. I would not use this on bare lips, and it is not a good nude lip color choice, but for a "non lip gloss" golden wash, this works very nicely for me. I have not noticed much of a scent or taste, and the price and packaging are just fine. I will most definitely repurchase.

Not too highly pigmented. This is what I wear with heavy eyes. Just enough to look like something's there, but not bare lips. Just shimmery enough without being juvenile or glittery. On my 2nd tube!

PROS: Not a sheer, not shiny, not matte. Just a creamy, luxurious feel. Yummy, almost-chocolately smell. Reasonable price. Not overwhelmingly frosty gold. I like it much better over a stain instead of alone. Elegant packaging. Looks great on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin.

CONS: Wears as frosty than it looks, which might be a con to some. But by the name and the look of it, you should probably be prepared for a golden frost.

****There is a review for this with the name misspelled as "Color" instead of "Colour."****

on 2/23/2010 3:20:00 PM

This lipstick is great for two purposes - one is as a sheer glaze over any other lipcolor and the second is on it's own. As a second color, it brings a shimmer to the underlying color & tones it down a tad. It's also great as the highlighter in the center of your bottom lip, if you're looking for just that. On it's own, it serves to mute your natural lip color and add a subtle gold shimmer. I like that when I'm trying to play up my eyes and only want to accent my lips. The only thing that's slightly offputting is the scent/taste: it tastes like soap! I recommend layering a balm over it so you don't have to taste that all night! The other product I like that works similarly, and tastes better is C.O. Bigelow's Vitamin Mentha Golden Mint tinted lip balm. They also make a silver, which looked equally as good on my fair skin but the golden is almost like Golden Splendor.

Popular Lipsticks