July 28, 2014 | 1228 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - St.Ives foaming Apricot cleanser

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A few months ago my skin started breaking out bad along the jawline and temple area. I tried almost every cleanser and cleaning routine possible. One day when I was out of face cleanser, I tried my moms St. Ives facial cleanser that she stopped using because it broke her skin out. I was hesitant but I tried it anyways. I guess it's true that one thing might not work for someone else's skin, but it may work on another. After using this cleanser for a week, my skin cleared up and was softer. I have been using this cleanser for 6+ months now and have no problems with it. It can be drying but my moisturizer counteracts that effect. You definitely don't need a lot of product to do the job and the price is crazy good ($2.95 CAD at Walmart)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by achew

Ive only used it a couple of time but I love the way it feels. It feels like its actually exfoliating my skin properly and on the plus size its only $4 and i have a coupon so its cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by XFilesLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

St.Ives is a very under rated brand. I went to the store looking for a cleanser and saw this one. It was cheep and I loved the St.Ives Apricot scrub so I decided to try it out. I was SO impressed with the results. It left my skin clear, moisturized and soft! I love this product, it was so great.

*St.Ives has a clear skin line, sensitive skin line, and naturally beautiful line*

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by newsongchick

I accidentally bought this instead of the scrub while I was in a hurry one day. I didn't realize my mistake until I had got some out of the tube to use it, so I tried it. I was very disappointed since I've used the scrub for years and LOVED it. This somehow manged to suck the moisture and oil out of my face while not exfoliating. I was left with a very dry and tight feeling face. I used it several times before counting it as a lost cause. I will say that I do have especially sensitive skin, so perhaps it was a particular ingredient that my face had a problem with. Either way, I'm not buying it again, or even finishing my current tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LoveCarlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this last minute while leaving for college, along with a clean&clear brand acne cleanser. It smoothes on thick, like a typical cream face-wash, in comparison to a gel cleaner. I use it at night since it exfoliates my pores and gives me a deep clean, it also makes my face very smooth but sometimes oily. Living in a humid state, I use it at night and my stronger face-wash in the morning before applying my make-up. (so my face isn't oily..rather matted instead.)
I also notice it works great as a mask if your skin is dry! Apply it to dry skin, scrub, let it set, and then rinse off.

For the extra low price, good size bottle, long lasting scent, and cleaning quality..it's a great buy! Even if you dislike the product it wasn't a huge loss in the wallet!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by majasarajevo

This product is great; however, it should not be used every day. I find that it leaves my skin dry and as a result an hour after I have washed my face it becomes very oily. I guess its trying to make up for the removal of all of that natural moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by McHotSoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the price, I love this product. I paid 2.45$ Canadian at Walmart, and I'm so glad I picked it up. For 3 bucks, it does a fantastic job. I have normal skin, and i don't break out easily (at all, really), so this did a fantastic job for me. If your skin retains alot of dirt, or is really oily, it may not be a deep enough cleanser for you. My skin doesn't really retain dirt, so I don't really need a deep cleanser. Also, this leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this to clean,remove make up,from my face.to clean my face in the morning.smells great!make my skin soft.love it.!harder to find thèse days...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beautybum

I have combination/ oily skin and this cleanser works very well for every day use. The exfoliant beads are very gentle (unlike the harsher apricot scrub), the scent is light, and it does the job of getting rid of dirt and oil. Sometimes a bit drying so moisturizing is necessary and I wouldn't recommend for people with dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by skyh1gh

It's a decent and safe product for me to use, however it doesn't help you with blemish. When I have breakouts, I use other products immediately. But this product is great otherwise: cleans oil and dirt, foams, and does not dry ( I have combination skin so with other cleansers my cheeks get so dry and patched! eek!). So yeah, it's a very safe product for me!