April 19, 2014 | 1853 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Queen - Natural Hue

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by BelPati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Good: I was extremely pleased with the variety of shades. Especially as tan fairly quickly in the summer, I saw how easy it would be to go up or down a shade.

The Bad: The compact was really cheaply made. It looks like the fake compacts you find in little girl's faux makeup kit.

The Ugly: This formula gets on EVERYthing. Shirt collars, shirts, scarves. There was no escaping how easily and messily it transfers, even with setting powder.

Would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by brightcolorsforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes!!!! I couldn't wait to review this. I bought it yesterday and I really wanted to wait a week but I'm head over heels for this product. I wear warm caramel and it matches and gives my face the look I was looking for. A beautiful soft finish.. no ash and it brings out the gold in my complexion. I will update in about a week but so far I'm loving this Queen collection. I plan on buying the liquid too so I can make my own tinted moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by torrieshere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the praise of this foundation. I'll admit that I found my skin tone, but this foundation just sits on top of my skin. It doesn't blend in at all. God forbid I want to give someone wearing a white shirt a hug, because there goes a big brown stain on their shirt because it transfers so easily.

This was actually the first foundation that I purchased and wore outside of the house. It was so obvious all the time that I was wearing makeup-- I can't believe someone didn't slap some sense into me sooner. The shades are great for african american skin tones, especially darker skintones-- but Cover Girl can keep this crap.

(However, if they want to make a better product I love the packaging design)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by BAGBARBIE

I went to Target the other day and went over to the makeup section and spotted the Covergirl Queen collection items with orange tags. The liquid and cream to powder were marked down to 2.78 and the concealer was 1.94. I was a little skeptical on the liquid foundation so i bought the natural hue in sheer expresso. This is the best cream to powder foundation that i have ever worn. I am N9 in MAC studio fix powder, NW50 in Studio fix fluid, Clinique Perfectly Real compact in 146N, MAC MSF in deep dark, Iman Stick Foundation in Earth 6, and Revlon Colorstay in Cappuccino. I do get a little oily around the nose area but nothing a little blot here and and a blot there can't cure. I'm telling you give it a try hopefully you will like it just as much as i did.

*UPDATE* I still love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok but best texture of all foundations),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on. It's now my HG for winter...the texture won't be able to handle NYC's heat! I use it with MUFE Extreme Concealer in 18 to cover my marks and keep my foundation application light and naturel. I have pretty god skin but some dark marks on my cheeks. I set it with MAC translucent finishing powder and I look airbrushly natural.
I know I'm a MU snob but THIS is better than a lot of higher end brand I've tried. (ps: why do some ladies here think MAC is the Saint Holy brand????)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ChcolateFox20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, im a brown skinned african american and i just got into makeup a few months ago and was searching for the perfect foundation. i think cover girl queen creme foundation answered the prayers of african american women

i wear the color 550 and sometimes 540 [rich mink and sheer espresso]

it goes on very matte so i have been using it as a concealer under neath my black opal powder. i think allot of black womenwill agree covergirl queen is a must have

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought Q500. It looked like exact shade on the box but once opened it ws way too light for me and left my face grey looking. Wasn't impressed yet so bought Q515 which is a pretty good shade. The only thing was it doesn't have enough yellow undertones in it like the Black Opal lip corrector I've been using as foundtion which brightens (notice I said brightens NOT lightens. The yellow pigment makes your skin look a golden chocolate brown shade as opposed to a flat brown or red brown.
Q515 was OK as I said but as soon as it got a little hot it started melting and easily wiped foo. My Black Opal lip corrector (light/medium) is kindof like Revon Colorstay (but feels really light) with great staying power through anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tmmotton

Well, I must say "I am out done with this foundation." While in the store, I complimented this young lady on her make-up and asked her what kind of make-up did she have on. She responded "Cover Girl, Queen Collection. She proceeded to tell me were I could buy it (Walgreens, Target, etc). Now, the Walgreens in my area would allow me to return the make-up even if it were open. So, I thought "what the heck, if it doesnt work, I wont get stuck with, so, what do I have to loose!" So, I tried it!! Now, let me just say------I AM A DIE HARD MAC FAN and have been for about 12 years!!!!!! But I have to say, this is some of the best cream to powder foundation I have tried in a long time!!!!! The color is PERFECT!!! Typically, I am a NC45 in MAC studio tech, NC45 in studio fix, NC45 in studio fix fluid and NC45 in the stick foundation!!! In this foundation, I am Q520 toffee caramelo. It is PERFECT!!!! I apply the foundation, then I put MAC NC45 concealer under my eyes and on any spots, (yes, you heard me right--I put concealer on top of the foundation, that's also what I did with studio tech and stick). Lastly, I dust Bobbi Brown Loose powder in Golden Orange on top to set it---------SHEER PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can honestly say this stuff is just as good as MAC Studio Tech, if not better!! It stays on all day!! AMAZING!! I now have my counterpart hooked on this and now my girlfriends want to try it because it looks great on me and they can't believe I switched from MAC!!! I've been wearing it since August (and I wear it everyday) and I still have quite a bit left BUT at 6 bucks, who cares!!!! The packaging is okay but at this price, it doesnt matter!! This stuff is great! I hope they never discontinue this!! Thanks, Queen!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkEssentials

I hate to ruin this product's rating but it did not work for me. I am a CCC and used the shade 515 Almond Glow. I have oily, acne prone skin with a few blemishes. I'll give it a 3 because (1) I did find a decent color match, (2) it did cover blemishes really well and (3) it didn't make my skin look like an oil slick by the end of the day BUT this product never seemed to blend in with my skin. It rubbed off super easily on my clothes and everytime I used the phone at work, there would also be residue on it from this make up! (disgusting). Also, the colors appear darker than they really are so please take not of that if you decided to purchase this product. The price can around $6.99 to $8..99 which isn't too bad. I would not buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kleeshawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Natural Hue Cream to Powder foundation in Warm Carmel
Again, just a tad dark on me, It looks way darker in the pan than it actually is so good luck when you are in the store trying to match it. They should have testers because by sight alone, you may get the wrong colour.
The formula gives medium coverage and it is perfect for me, not too sheer and not too cakey. This is way better to me than MAC and in fact better than the many expensive foundations I have tried, all for six bucks. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin... this one is a winner folks, I give this an A