October 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Styling therapy Jojoba oil hair brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Ok, I'll be the voice of dissent.

I bought this brush after reading rave reviews on it.
Long story short: For me it was an overhyped, over priced piece of junk.
Yeah.
I said it.

I don't know what the jojoba in the brush was supposed to do, but it didn't do anything for my hair. I ***have*** a bottle of jojoba oil and it works nicely to detangle, soften, and add shine. This brush did nothing.

It detangled kinda ok, but I had to separate my hair into small sections for the bristles to go through as they mostly just bent on *top* of my hair instead of going *through* my hair.

Oh, and the bristles started breaking off after a couple of weeks. >_<
I was not rough on the brush.
My hair is very fine and detangles easily.
I have never broken a brush before in my life.

Save yourself the money and invest in some jojoba oil in the bottle and a regular detangling brush. The jojoba oil is detangling and softening on its own so it's worth the money. This brush is not.

Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Actually dose make hair pretty soft and shiny when brushed though. I was very skeptical, but it dose work. The only down side to it is that the bristle things break easy after a while of use and the jojoba in it fades after a while of having if so the effects are not as great as the first few weeks of having it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by WhoKnew101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this half off at Walgreens a month or so ago. It's lightweight. As other reviewers have said, it doesn't have bulbs at the end, so it doesn't scratch. It also doesn't penetrate into too much hair, the bristles are flimsy so if you have thick hair you'll probably need to brush it in layers.

I am rating this middle of the road. You can't use it for (heat) styling of any sort, so it only pretty much works as a finishing brush. It functions pretty good as a brush (except for the flimsy bristles not getting through thick hair). On the other hand, that makes it very gentle on your hair. It seems to work decent at preventing static. I really don't notice an improvement or change as far as the jojoba infusion goes, though. My hair is very fine and I don't notice any signs of conditioning, so if it is oil-ing, then it is very very very subtle.

If this were a bit smaller, or in comb or pick format, it would be better, as I think this product would work best in a travel format, so if you're out and your convertible or the wind or the heat frazzle your hair by the time to get to the ladies room, this would probably smooth it down without weighing it down. But for home use, I will continue to use it but would not repurchase, esp at the full retail price. But it's worth a try, it's not a waste of money, just not some life-changing invention, at least for me..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and have not noticed any difference. I like how it has no bulbs on the tips so it's easy to clean, but the bristles aren't rigid enough to pull through my thick hair. I'm think about warming it up a bit with my dryer; maybe that will release more jojoba and make my hair shiny. Good concept but it's not working for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Wow! What a concept, natural jojoba oil incorporated into the brush? Amazing. This brush really does add tons of shine and tames my frizzies beautifully. I think that this would work best just after shampooing, when hair sometimes tend to be drier than usual, just to get the scalp oils flowing. What a great idea and inexpensive brush given what it does. I am so happy I found this wonderful item. Highly recomend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Amy6406

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought it was too good to be true, but it works! I keep mine at work for touch ups (they warn you on the package not to use it for heat styling), and it provides a small amount shine and control each time I use it. Even using it several times of day, it doesn't weigh down your hair. I bought mine at Rite-Aid and paid about $9 for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When my mom gave me this brush , I instantly thought 'Jojoba oil on a brush, great gimmic Goody!'. (I was a bit sceptical, to say the least). Since my hair is colour treated, prone to major frizz (particularly during those super humid summer days) and quite dry on the ends, I thought I'd give it a try. I love this brush! It does the trick in taming frizzies, controlling hair and making it soft and shiny. A definite re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Oh my God, someone finally came up with putting hair care in your brush! It's genius and amazing. At first I thought, jojoba oil built into my brush?! What? And how are they doing that...You assume it will be too little or too much oil, but it's not. It lasts for 6 months, which isn't bad for the $12 price. You'll spend more than that on shampoo in 6 months. I was instantly drawn to this one, but the other brushes are pretty cool too. They have three colors for your own haircolor to protect the color, and a copper brush to rid you of dry and flaky scalp. This one gets rid of over dry hair and frizz, plus it mimics your own natural hair shine and oils. I use it from the bottom part of my hair down, and was in shock that it worked. Brava! Girls, you simply must try at least one of these brushes.

Update: DO NOT, use it with a blow dryer!!!!!! I mean whoever hasn't read the directions, it says not to because the bristles will melt. It also says not to use soap to clean the brush, just run water over it. This is for people who have dry and clean hair. If you use it as an everyday brush, you will not get the results that are so good. Why don't people read directions?

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No