April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Indigo Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

A real grown-up blue with black undertones which keeps the blue from being too shocking. It enhances my blue eyes wonderfully and the formula is creamy and doesn't flake. It highly tranforms greys and taupes sort of harmonizing them yet making my eyes wonderfully alive. I have ditched the expresso and caviar liners in favour of this. Seems like this blue looks more appealing and natural while the other colours, though they were soft, were more jarring. I used to use cobalt which had even more black in it but the formula was awful. Now I mix a bit of black into indigo to get the same look. It looks exactly like the BB navy shadow which I used to use as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by amber832

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first time trying a gel eyeliner, and I am so glad I did! The lady at the counter convinced me that this was the right color for me when I opted for black. And she was right...this is a perfect color, it goes on navy blue/dark tealish color on my skin (true to the name "indigo") and complements my eye color. It does not look as harsh as black but you can still see its there and on top of it all it does not smudge the whole day!
For those into the whole "eye makeup routine"...I recommend pairing it with dark green eyeshadow (and perhaps navy blue mascara) it looks wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: This dried out as if it were years old, in a years' time. This is despite my storing it upside, tightly sealed, and even trying glycerin and visine to rejuvenate it. It began to skip and had the texture of a crumbling crayon. Huge disappointment.

This is my first BB gel liner purchase, having tried MAC Fluidlines in the past. I currently also use JW Cosmetics/MAD minerals line of gel liners and have used include MAC, L'Oreal HiP, Avon, Merle Norman, WnW and Clinique (latter 3 are creme liners). Of all of these I really like the BB texture the best. It's somewhere between the creme and less liquidy than Fluidlines and JW.

The color intensity of this particular "Ink" is buildable and can become an almost black-blue with layering; otherwise it's a steely-blue shade. It is as effective as black for dark eyes without the harshness. I use it with UDPP and lasting power is all day; without primer it flakes at the edges at the end of the day. There is NO staining of the eyelids, irritation or eye discomfort. I only use it on the upper lid however and not on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wish she wasnt dc'ing this. Great gray-blue shade, like a dark navy that has faded slightly. From a distance looks like a soft black. Tightline with a black then add this and smudge out the line and it works, by itself doesnt provide enough definition or depth. Looked fantastic with the aforementioned black tightlining on low MU day. Would certianly repurchase if she wasnt dc'ing. Hoping her Cobalt is a suitable match or that she'll create another color similar to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Kristalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

got this free from BB's recent online promotion.. to give you an idea of my usual makeup preference-i like defined eyes-i draw my eyeliner like a "cat-eye" shape.

so far i have only used this to rim the inner lower part of my eyes. it blends in nicely with my black ink. You definitely could not be able to tell that i was wearing 2 colored liners but it makes a difference-makes the whites of my eyes look a lot whiter. will update when i use the liner on the whole eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This eyeliner goes on smooth and has a matte finish. The color is a deep navy blue that looks sophisticated as opposed to childish. It lasted all day without smudging. No I did not need this color since I have the BB Sapphire Shimmer gel eyeliner already, but I could not resist since I love these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Indigo Ink is a gorgeous dark smoky blue with a hints of grey, violet and teal. It is one of the more unique colors in the BB Gel Eyeliner line. I have hazel eyes and this color really brings out the green & the gold in them. I find it to be a great alternative to black, which tends to look harsh, especially during daytime. The consistency of the gel itself is smooth and buttery, not dry or hard like some of the other colors. I highly recommend this product and I would buy it again if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that I have never tried this eyeliner before. I have tried every black, brown and navy liner out there (pencil, liquid and gel), and this one is my HG!! Hooray! It's dark enough that it doesn't look obvious but light enough that it doesn't make PPP girls like myself look gothic and severe. Just perfect. I wouldn't even describe this as navy--more like a deep oceanic blue. Highly Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my new favorite tricks is to tightline with navy liner. It makes my eyes look clear, whiter and really brings out the blue. The quality of BB's gel liners is excellent - goes on smoothly, doesn't smudge, lasts all day. The consistency is just right too - not too wet, not too dry, not at all goopy. (As much as I love the shades I have of Clinique cream liner, the consistency of those is just not as good as BB gel liners.) Indigo is a beatiful deep navy. Looks different enough from brown/black liner to be interesting, but not in a tacky blue liner way. The pot will probably last forever, but I will definitely repurchase & I will be buying other shades of BB gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. I absolutely love it! It's a great gel eyeliner, like MAC Fluidlines, but Bobbi Brown has a much better color selection for someone who prefers a more natural look. Indigo Ink is a color I've been looking for for sometime now. It's a perfect very dark blue-gray. The blue tone is very subtle, and it looks great on my pale skin with my bluish eyes. I expect to repurchase if I ever run out of this.
Ingredients: Isodecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Methicone, Barium Sulfate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Manganese Violet, Yellow 5 Lake, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide. continued >>