October 1, 2014 | 1404 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - moisturizing cream compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

Like the reviewer below, i purchased this product at the cosmetics company outlet for $30, i guess because it is now discontinued?

This is my first Bobbi Brown product.
    Color- Alabaster 00

The product is not horrible, its just a little greasy and lays on the skin like a layer of oil. also it doesn't last all day.

i could see why this product is no longer being sold.

the packaging is also not the most hygienic, I've noticed bits of fluff from my brush got stuck to the cream and i refuse to use makeup sponges that come with these kind of compacts.

also the color is slightly too light but the color selection for fair skin tones was limited.

overall I'm not sure i would confidently turn to BB for my foundation products after trying this one.

--------UPDATE-------
    this is prob one of the worst foundations/face makeups, i have ever used.
    after using for a full month.

it never dries, its always oily.
    throughout the day i notice my makeup rubbing off on everything! even things i touch like my purse, wallet, umbrella will have makeup fingerprints if i itched my cheek for example.
    it looks heavy and cakey, it doesn't blend into skin well and has no staying power.

the truth is, after using this product i doubt i will ever be using anything from this brand again. its a pretty big turn-off to the quality expectations i had for this high-end brand.

i WISH i could return it and get my money back!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local CCO, (Cosmetics Company Outlet) for a discounted price. This foundation originally costs about $45 US dollars, but I paid around 20-30 for it at the outlet. (Thank god) because this is one of the worst foundations I've ever tried. I am a girl who can appreciate a full coverage foundation, (Mac studio fix, studio tech, ect.) But this one was terribly thick to the point where I could barely get it out of the pan. I tried many different techniques like using a wet beauty blender, using my fingers, and even spraying my foundation brush with fix + to help blend this product. Not much luck. This stuff is thick and oily, and the more you try to put on to build it - the more it rubs itself off your skin. So hard to work with! On top of that I wasn't even that impressed with the coverage. I had a few blemishes here and there and they were still visible, which bothered me a lot because of all the time and effort it took to get the product on my skin. Def have to set it with a powder because it doesn't last very long and easily transfers. Would not be repurchasing, and I believe this foundation has been discontinued by Bobbi Brown - which I am happy to hear. This was the first product I ever bought from Bobbi Brown and it has scared me to purchase other products from this brand. I had high expectations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by briii

Blehh!! This is not a good product for me =/ I was wanting to try this foundation for a while and about a month ago I finally gave in and bought it. I got it for $45 at Macy's in the color warm sand. The color matched perfectly but that's about the only thing I liked about it. The MA told me that this foundation was light- medium coverage, but she lied! To me it's definately more full coverage, which isn't what I like. Anyways, after purchasing I went home and tried it out. Too thick!! It's very hard to blend into the skin. After playing around with the application technique I finally got it to look pretty good. I used my fingers to apply, for me it was the best way to sheer the product out a bit. I liked the way it was looking at first but within a few hours I went and checked how it was doing and I looked horrible :[ my face looked like a greaseball, the product sunk into my pores and was sliding off my face. I used a setting powder on top of it the next day and still the same thing. A mess on my face. The third day of using this I used a primer and set it but still no luck :[ I also was beginning to breakout on my chin. I really wanted to like this product but it just did not work well with my skin (i have dry skin) So unfortunately this one went back to the store. Definately not one that I would reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by madangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Another product that has been discontinued!

Pros: Great colour match - I have this in Honey, which is fantastic on me. It takes me a long time to find the right colour match for my skin. When I wear this my skin looks even a little glowy during the day.

It's moisturising, which is great for my dry skin.

Cons:
    Although moisturising, the consistency of this produtc is so heavy I can literally feel it sitting on my skin for at least half the day!

I hope they replace this with another moisturising compact in the same shades but lighter and easier to wear. I will stick to my BB foundation stick for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very mixed feelings about this foundation. I do find it moisturizing and I also like the application - for me it goes on smoothly and looks terrific, all day. I have dry/combo skin and only use this in the winter months. I have bought it many times, but this year as the weather turned cold and I bought a new compact, when I opened it I was almost bowled over by the heavy lavender scent. I never noticed this before this year (2011). I don't know if they changed the formula or if something else is different. Anyway the product still went on beautifully for me and looked great, but I can't stand the lavender scent and I will have to return it. This is really weird, since it's about the 3rd compact of this that I've bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by LazyKatherine

I’m really loving this foundation. My skin has broken out recently (due to hormone issues, not cosmetics) and it’s been a real struggle to find a foundation that looks ok and doesn’t flake off immediately. This has good coverage and stays on all day. It hasn’t made my skin break out any worse either. My skin looks moisturized and soft. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For reference: Dry skin, light skin tone, small pores, cool complexion MAC NW15.
    Shades used: Alabaster and Porcelain.
    Texture: Greasy and yet hard to blend, sits on my skin like a mask.
    Color match: ok, the Alabaster was a tad too light for my winter skin, the Porcelain a tad too yellow. Usually Porcelain is a good match for me in Bobbi Brown.
    Packaging: Very nice black lacquered compact with mirror, Bobbi Brown logo on lid.
    Overall: Disappointing texture, just as the majority of the reviewers have stated. In the meantime I tried the newer Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation SPF25 in Porcelain, and I like it much better! This I will definitely not use again, nor repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation because I wanted something more moisturizing then my Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I did not like this compact at all. First of all, it was heavier then I expected. It felt like there was a mask on. Second, the color did not look natural. I wear warm ivory, but the compact warm ivory was more yellow-y then the stick. Third, it settled into my lines, making my dry skin look more wrinkled. It is not a bad foundation, just not a great one. I would have kept it, but for this: compared to the foundation stick, it is not that much different from the foundation stick in texture or coverage. Just more yellow and heavier. So, back it went.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horror. Stayed on my skin. You neeeeeed setting powder otherwise you look like a face covered with butter. It went back. Next oil free compact foundation. More horror. Greasy texture. Uhhhhh

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hate this stuff- like the worst grease paint. Left foundation on my cell phone and didnt even cover well when put on. Save your money