November 23, 2014 | 2124 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - eau de toilette

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ejmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I so, so, so wanted to like this. On me, it was straight up sharp musk and it STINK, STANK, STUNK. Horrible, awful, had to shower twice to get it off.

Nothing floral except a very, very sharp something white, and a Whole Lot of Musk. Like a whole village of Musky Animals and their Cousins sacrificed all of their stankness for one little bottle.

This smells wonderful on others, but was head-splitting, nostril curling, awfulness. Expensive awfulness. I gave it an hour, and it never did calm down to anything pretty before I showered it off. Twice.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I find that with this perfume, you either love it or hate it. Despite numerous attempts to appreciate it, I must categorize myself in the latter category. Here's Why: It starts off a musky floral, like, as many have said, an expensive soap- which got my hopes up, but then takes on a note which is both bland and obnoxious at the same time( a strong mothball scent, if you will) . Maybe it's my skin's chemistry, but this did not work with me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by totesboats

My boyfriend loves this on me, and I do too! I like this more than the EDP because it's got that extra orange-blossomy zing while still exuding come-hither softness.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

This is a very professional and floral scent, and I'd recommend it for use when you're in the office or any daytime occasion. Overall very good scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of this scent, only because my mum borrowed my first bottle and never returned it as she loved it so much.
How would I describe this scent? Slightly musky yet still clean. Feminine, but not florally and sickly. Sophisticated, elegant and classy.
It's so hard to describe a scent, but this scent just captures of these words into a fragrance.
I use this almost every day especially during the colder months. Will continue to repurchase this whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a fan of SJP "Lovely" since its debut, so when NR "For Her" came on the scene and was regularly compared to "Lovely" I took a pass. "Lovely" is the less expensive of the two and I was quite happy with it. I appreciated this soft, complex fragrance: a floral but not your typical "bridal bouquet" floral. It's certainly one of the better celeb-scents I've ever encountered. Kudos to Sarah. But the other day a patient plopped down in my dental chair and smelled wonderful. Before we even started talking about her teeth I demanded to know what she was wearing - "Narciso Rodriquez for Her." She qualifed her answer, stating that she only wears the EDT because her step-father told her the EDP made her smell like an old lady. So off to Sephora I went..again. (My next confession: "Forgive me father for I have sinned, I have 750 Sephora bonus points.')....
Anyhow, a rollerball, exclusive to Sephora, is available for $25.00 if you want to try "For Her." Not a bad investment.

My gripe with SJP "Lovely" is how quickly it dissipates. It's a soft scent to begin with that quickly evaporates into nothing. When it first came on the market, I could layer it with the "Lovely" body lotion, but that's no longer available. I am not sure if "Lovely" is on its way out but it's certainly not as easy to find as it once was.

Even though I used the EDT version of "For Her", I would say it is much more concentrated than the EDT "Lovely." Because of this, you need to be careful. My advice: use this fragrance like you would "Angel" - sparingly. One spritz on the chest or belly will suffice. The scent is musky with a hint of what I think is rose. This one doesn't wear off in record time but lingers. I appreciate that. I am sick of spending my hard earned money on scents I love that do not last. Jennifer Aniston's scent is a classic example of a beautiful perfume that has absolutely no endurance in the wear department.

I am so happy to have discovered "For Her.". It's definitely "For Me" and fills a gap in my fragrance wardrobe - soft but substantial. Wish there were more like that out there.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fresh, daytime kind of fragnance, I think it would suit everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mum is a huge fan of this ragrance. She is in her 50s and wears this fragrance with grace and elegance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I wore my NR for Her EDT again (black bottle) earlier this week, and ahhh! -- it was like coming home. I feel so comfortable and like "me" in this scent.

Launched in 2003, it's earthy, natural, musky -- with a bit of tang or a bite/saltiness from what note, I don't know -- vetiver maybe? A scent for musk-lovers -- for hippies, goth, naturalists, non-conformists -- the straightforward, the unpretentious -- for those who don't like foo-foo fancy or flowery perfumes -- for those who like to keep it real. A down-to-earth honest fragrance. Becomes one with skin scent. Great stuff!

I own the EDT (black bottle), the EDP (pink bottle), Eau Delicat (lilac bottle), and L'eau (light pink bottle) -- love them all and have separate reviews. Notes for all are listed for comparison under my NR for Her EDP (pink bottle) review.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

Really beautiful packging & really nice perfume. Just very subtle and elegant, I don't think anyone would dislike it. BUT... it's NOTHING SPECIAL. There're SO MANY perfumes in the market with similar smell but only cost a fraction of its retail price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No