April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Hydrating Beauty Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

Love this moisturizer! I will occasionally try other products but always come back to this one. Non greasy and has never caused me to break out. I like the packaging as well and can easily get the amount of product I want without wasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

I've used Olay's Hydrating Beauty Fluid for years, picking it up after my mother using it for most of my childhood. I've found it to do the job really nicely and don't find myself searching for a replacement facial lotion anytime soon. I'd definitely call this my "HG" on terms of facial moisturizers. I can't ask for much more when my skin isn't in need of dire help! Just as long as it supports and keeps what I've got, I'll be pleased with it.

I have normal to moderately-sensitive skin with dry problem areas about my nose, cheeks, and in-between my eyebrows. I'm not very prone to break-outs and am too young to worry about wrinkles just yet, so when I look for a face lotion, I only need a moisturizer to keep my skin looking supple and soft and serve as a good palette for make-up. I have no real complaints about this stuff, but nothing quite stands out as spectacular either.

I like how the bottle is this girly, pastel-pink that sits on my bathroom shelf and is very easy to find among other lotions. I do think the shape is a bit odd, though I don't ever have any issues accidentally squeezing too much from the bottle or getting the last bit. Does what it is supposed to, and I know many ladies here appreciate a bottle versus a jar to keep germs at bay. A bottle lasts my family of three ladies about two-to-four months.

Now, if you're sensitive to scents, I can just about guarantee this won't be for you. Floral, very powdery and not in any hurry to fade too soon, people in front of you will be able to sniff this out after you've put it on. I always knew when my mother washed her face if she sat down near me and I could smell this. I think the nostalgia has made it rather pleasant for me, though I could imagine such a strong scent being a deal-breaker for anyone else.

In my experience, it's just about gone in fifteen to twenty minutes of applying it after a nice hot shower, but that's a long time to have such a strong scent wafting right underneath your nose and smeared about your face. I try not to let myself be too bothered, but I surely wouldn't mind an odorless version of this one.

Not particularly cheap, though not as pricey as a lot of other lotions either, so I'd say that's a rather fair trade. If you can stand the smell/happen to like it and don't need something too heavy or too light, this is a wonderful and trustworthy middle-ground. I don't ever fear it will break me out and it takes care of those dry patches lickety-split!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by shilpathomas288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello fellow beauty bloggers!

I would say this product is terrific! I have tried every single cream out there both high range and low range products thinking - Aaah this could be the one! Little did I know my everyday miracle cream would be my mom's everyday moisturizer.

You just need to take a pea size. It absorbs very well into your skin and does not leave it greasy at all. I have acne prone skin and I have not broken out at all. If I do break out, I wouldn't blame the cream because if I do get zits, it is because I am acne prone. This does not cause a reaction or give me additional pimples (I need to stop munching on junk - that would do the trick of bidding adios to the nasty buggers!)

This is a wonderful makeup base as well. I am currently using Sephora's 10 hour foundation and NYC's (stay matte not flat - Natural 03)) foundation powder. I can stay out for 12 hours plus and my skin still looks radiant and flawless. You can have good make up products but if your moisturizer is not doing you good, it will have a negative effect on your makeup as well.

All thanks to our moms and grandmoms who have been using this religiously because of whom, this product was embedded in our minds and nudged us to give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover1029

I seriously swear by this stuff! It's moisturizer of the gods. So, Olay goes back in my family since it was invented (1950s I believe) and all the women on my mom's side of the family use this. My grandma had the most BEAUTIFUL skin (she was about 82) and I kid you not she hardly had any wrinkles. Her secret? Olay face lotion! I have been using this stuff since I was maybe 12 or 13 and I'm now 18 and haven't switched from it. I love this stuff and it seriously makes your skin so beautiful. It really helps keep my skin in line and clear as well! OLAY FOREVER haha

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Jenm0611

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this moisturiser since I was 16. Probably younger as I remember stealing it from my gran whenever I was at hers. It keeps me moisturised all day and provides a smooth base for make up. I also use it at night as I find night creams break me out. Occasionally I'll be seduced into using a different luxury brand but I always return to Olay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

This is one of my favorite drugstore moisturizers. I got the 6 oz. version from Target for $9 and use it at night. I personally love the light scent and pink color. It doesn't break me out and moisturizes my skin perfectly. I have oily skin and find this does not add to my oiliness. I wake up with soft, moisturized skin. The bottle is convenient for travel and I've even used it as body lotion in a jam.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer, the only downfall of it is mineral oil. Mineral oil will clog your pores and cause acne if used to often or to heavily. It's a sad thing that olay has mineral oil in their beauty fluid. Besides the fact of mineral oil, it is a great moisturizer. I tend to have combo skin with very dry cheeks in the winter months, and this does the trick without making my whole face look like a grease ball! The scent is ok, really don't notice it very much. I don't have acne prone skin, so this didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Good and inexpensive moisturizer. I pretty much use the Peter Thomas Roth moisturizer and the LancĂ´me Visionnaire--but since I'm in a frugal stage these days, I started looking for something less expensive. I spotted this in the beauty section while grocery shopping and had a flashback to the original "Oil of Olay"..which isn't made anymore. But nestled in the midst of all the pricey Olay products, I decided to go with this. I like this. A lot. It isn't as "wet" as Visionnaire but it isn't as "heavy" as Nivea..it goes on nicely and does the job.
You can apply it with a heavier hand before bedtime--I did notice one reviewer stated that her face was greasy in the AM after she slept with it on her face. I did not have that issue. Maybe because my face is drier. Either way, this is a very good value for the money!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Classic moisturizing staple. I love this stuff more than the expensive department store moisturizers. It keeps my combination skin smooth and soft, without making it look greasy or shiny. The smell is like roses, very nostalgic for me as several in my family used this for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Megan18613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this moisturiser regularly for about 2 years, and I can't find anything bad to say about it. It has a subtle scent, convenient bottle and it moisturises perfectly! It immediately sinks into your skin without leaving a greasy residue or film, making it a great base for makeup.

I find that exfoliating and then using a generous dollop of this moisturiser makes my skin SO smooth and my makeup lasts twice as long as it does after using my back up Johnson's Day Cream with SPF 15. This is really saying something because I have typical teenage skin: oily and pimply.