October 21, 2014 | 2000 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Perversion Matte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This is my go to black smokey eye color, always. Easy to deepen pigment by mixing with gel or oil it's great

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay but not great. this isn't the blackest black. it's more like a dark charcoal once it's blended out. i find myself reaching more often for my wet 'n wild in panther or nyx square e/s single in black. both of those outperform perversion and are way cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

This shadow needed primer to even be worth considering. With it, the shadow went on darkly and evenly, but was a little difficult to blend. It wore very well for 10 hours. After that point, it faded evenly.

Without primer, the shadow is patchy, fades after an hour, and wears away unevenly. By 4 hours, reapplication was necessary, which is dismal length. Naturally, the pigment went on sheerer and less rich than with primer as well.

It's probably for the best UD discontinued Perversion, because it just wasn't worth it.

(Read the full, in-depth review of perversion on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

My favourite matte black, better in my opinion than MAC Carbon. Needs primer potion (as with every UD shadow) but it's worth it. Low mark for packaging as its uglier than the packaging for the non-matte shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This black matte shadow is so silky and smooth! It is great for blending on top of a lighter bright colored shadow to turn any color into a smokey eye. I used to use Smashbox Midnight Black, but this is much better. Also, I use this everyday but it takes a long time for the product to even show a dent. The only negative is that if I use this to smudge eyeliner, it makes it crease which didn't happen when I used the Smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few rare matte e/s form UD. Its a welcomed change. I see alot of pple saying its the BLACKEST e/s they own and its darker than MAC's carbon and NYX black. I dont own MAC carbon so I cant say, but its not blacker than NYX Black. This is not what I expected. Its nice but kind of streaky in my book. Its not like OMG its a must have. I prefer NYX to be honest but its a good black e/s notheless, just not exceptional.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by diggity

Oh my gosh, I love these shadow. I know this looks like a dark charcoal shade in the pan, but trust me - it is BLACK on skin. I feel it's as black as NYX Black or Mac Carbon on skin (but not in the pan). The texture is silky and smooth and just plain luxurious. There's very little fallout when applying, which I appreciate since dark shadows can get messy. Great staying power too. I can't say enough good things about this. Urban Decay makes some great black eyeshadows, and you can also find this discounted at All Cosmetics Wholesale. Highly recommend this. Everyone needs a good black eyeshadow in their arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Perversion as my eyeliner every day. I hate pencils and liquid liners, so this fits the bill perfectly! Hands down, best black eyeshadow EVER, IMHO of course! :) It's texture is soooo silky and applies like a dream with an eyeliner brush. This lasts all day with no fading when used with UDPP. I can't say enough good things about this matte eyeshadow. I will always have this color in my collection, and, as always, I want to thank Urban Decay for not testing on animals!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've gone to the dark side... Haha... But really, I replaced my Mac carbon with this!!! And I don't regret it!!!

I returned carbon because it was impossible to work with. I loved the palette version (only $11 and I can customize my palette!) and its blackest black color. However, the texure was awful... Dry, streaky... Very attractive.

Not knowing what to do when Mac failed me, I remembered that Urban Decay's eyeshadows have wonderful texture. So I went and got myself perversion and I'll never go back! It's a nice matte black (a tad less dark than carbon, but still dark enough) and very blendable. It's so blendable that at first, I had to practice using it because I wasn't used to the soft texture. I use this as a black eyeliner since I have hooded asian eyelids and pencil eyeliner looks odd on me.

Cons: Have to depot to put in Mac palette (looks like it'll fit!) and at $17, it's a tad pricey for one color. Probably will last forever though, especially as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loooove this. The perfect matte black. Like one of the previous reviewers said, it's so much better than Carbon. And this stuff stays put with or without shadow primer. Creates the perfect smokey eye every time no matter what I pair it with.