October 1, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Lemon Clarifying Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by IHeartSteinbeck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo.
I have long hair with an oily scalp, so to avoid washing my hair everyday I use Batiste dry shampoo between washes. I only use this shampoo 1-2x a week, as it is a clarifying shampoo and can prove to be stripping to hair if used everyday or even every wash.
The days that I do not use this shampoo, I use The Body Shop's Ginger shampoo for dry scalp and I'm very happy with this routine.

This has a great scent, rinses clean, and gives me a nice shine that's more noticeable than when I use TBS' Ginger shampoo.

I think the price is fair because AO is committed to sustainable and cruelty-free practices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a clarifying shampoo and therefore not for daily usage. I use it about once a week to every ten days and in that manner it works wonderfully. As a rule I cannot use sulfate free shampoos everyday as they tangle my ultra fine hair beyond belief. Tried that for a year before I figured out what the problem was. I generally use unscented products but this product although lemony and zesty causes no irritation. Great for deep cleaning or oily hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1234

Dried my hair out.
Lots of hair fall out.
It even dried out the skin on my hands.
The same hands i used to wash my hair.

I think I need something gentler.

Had to stop using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's pretty drying, definitely not your every day shampoo! Also not for dyed hair since clarifying shampoos can be stripping. I have very thick long natural mildly curly hair, dry scalp too. This shampoo actually helps a lot, I use it once or twice a week. I'm getting ready to switch over to co-washing whenever I run out of what I got, including the Avalon clarifying duo. It has pretty much no lather. The first time I used it I actually used quite a lot because of no lather. But it cleans very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo after seeing lots of websites and models mentioning the product. I'm always looking for a slightly cheaper, but good quality shampoo that does amazing things for my hair. I've been unlucky so far, with only the (expensive) Keratese range taming my hair (it tends to catch static and tangle and the tops more than I would like it to). I gave this a go, I wanted to like it, but unfortunately, it isn't really working with my hair. It made my scalp quite itchy, left build-up, and worst of all, it made my hair super frizzy! However, it apparently reduced dandruff (my mom pointed this out, but I don't think so). I think the dandruff reduction may also be helped by a natural oil I'm using for my hair... so I'm not too sure about this either.

This is an ok shampoo that didn't live up to it's expectation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Rachey1

I have been using silicone free products for about four months and decided to get a clarifying shampoo to use after the occasional use if a silicone based oil. This is fab, admittedly after rinsing the shampoo off, my hair felt a bit squeaky and dry, but one the lemon clarifying conditioner was applied it felt lovely. Once dry it was soft fluffy and shiny. Plus it smells Devine, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG shampoo! I've been using natural, sulfate-free products for about three years and during that time I've tried many shampoos. I have Asian hair that has a tendency to fall flat but is very easy to take care of.

I've been using this shampoo for a week now and it leaves my hair so smooth, fluffy, shiny, and fresh smelling. A lot shampoos tend to leave a coating which makes my hair tangle but this one leaves nothing behind and my hair feels so light and I can easy run my fingers through my hair without even the need to comb after taking a shower.

I also use conditioner only about once a month on my ends and this shampoo has not dried my hair at all. My hair is at its best when it is completely clean and not weighed down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

This smelled divine and did a squeaky clean job on my hair and scalp. It is incredibly drying, though. So for my thick, coarse hair this was not a good choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo just didn't work for me. I've been using sulphate free shampoos for over 4 years now and this is definitely one of the worst ones I've tried. My hair is well past my shoulders, oily, but my scalp is sensitive and I've had about 5 keratin treatments in the past 3 years so I've tried many different sulphate free shampoos. I've never colored my hair but this shampoo, for some strange reason, made my naturally dark brown hair lighter. It left a heavy residue after washing (which is quite odd for a clarifying shampoo) and because of that I'd have to wash my hair again after less than 24 hours. I think the only good thing about it is it's smell; it has a very lemony scent which I adore. But overall, not only did this product not do what is meant to do but it made my hair worse. Would not repurchase but I'd be open to trying other products from this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by skinnyfooted1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was SO disappointed in this product. It smells AMAZING, but my scalp broke out in sores. I had gone from only shampooing my waist length hair in conditioner and decided to try this because it was in a co-op and smelled wonderful. I looked up the ingredients and was disappointed with what I found. I have had reactions to chemical shampoos ever since i went to plain organic conditioners. Don't risk it with this one if you're sensitive to chemicals.