Avalon Organics Botanicals Lemon Clarifying Shampoo

3.1

Not tested on animals

Certified organic citrus limonum (lemon) peel, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and camellia sinensis (green tea) extracts (aqueous), cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), soyamidopropalkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), bisabolol (chamomile), arginine (amino acid), babassuamadopropalkonium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, and certified organic citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel.

on 12/7/2014 11:59:00 AM

I had high hopes for this because not only is it organic & sulfate-free, but the scent is just marvelous. The first few uses were okay, I found that it removed buildup well but as time went by, my scalp started itching after usage, hairfall has increased & it left my thick, coarse, chemically-straightened hair quite stiff. I passed this on to my parents who use this after they dye their hair and they actually love it.

on 11/30/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Great gentle clarifying shampoo. Wonderful lemony smell. It's harder work up a good lather since it is SLS-free, but it can still be slightly drying, so make sure to condition or use some sort of treatment to retain moisture in the scalp afterwards.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shampoo.
I have long hair with an oily scalp, so to avoid washing my hair everyday I use Batiste dry shampoo between washes. I only use this shampoo 1-2x a week, as it is a clarifying shampoo and can prove to be stripping to hair if used everyday or even every wash.
The days that I do not use this shampoo, I use The Body Shop's Ginger shampoo for dry scalp and I'm very happy with this routine.

This has a great scent, rinses clean, and gives me a nice shine that's more noticeable than when I use TBS' Ginger shampoo.

I think the price is fair because AO is committed to sustainable and cruelty-free practices.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a clarifying shampoo and therefore not for daily usage. I use it about once a week to every ten days and in that manner it works wonderfully. As a rule I cannot use sulfate free shampoos everyday as they tangle my ultra fine hair beyond belief. Tried that for a year before I figured out what the problem was. I generally use unscented products but this product although lemony and zesty causes no irritation. Great for deep cleaning or oily hair.

on 4/7/2014 1:21:00 AM

Dried my hair out.
Lots of hair fall out.
It even dried out the skin on my hands.
The same hands i used to wash my hair.

I think I need something gentler.

Had to stop using it.

on 9/24/2013 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's pretty drying, definitely not your every day shampoo! Also not for dyed hair since clarifying shampoos can be stripping. I have very thick long natural mildly curly hair, dry scalp too. This shampoo actually helps a lot, I use it once or twice a week. I'm getting ready to switch over to co-washing whenever I run out of what I got, including the Avalon clarifying duo. It has pretty much no lather. The first time I used it I actually used quite a lot because of no lather. But it cleans very well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this shampoo after seeing lots of websites and models mentioning the product. I'm always looking for a slightly cheaper, but good quality shampoo that does amazing things for my hair. I've been unlucky so far, with only the (expensive) Keratese range taming my hair (it tends to catch static and tangle and the tops more than I would like it to). I gave this a go, I wanted to like it, but unfortunately, it isn't really working with my hair. It made my scalp quite itchy, left build-up, and worst of all, it made my hair super frizzy! However, it apparently reduced dandruff (my mom pointed this out, but I don't think so). I think the dandruff reduction may also be helped by a natural oil I'm using for my hair... so I'm not too sure about this either.

This is an ok shampoo that didn't live up to it's expectation.

on 6/17/2012 8:41:00 AM

I have been using silicone free products for about four months and decided to get a clarifying shampoo to use after the occasional use if a silicone based oil. This is fab, admittedly after rinsing the shampoo off, my hair felt a bit squeaky and dry, but one the lemon clarifying conditioner was applied it felt lovely. Once dry it was soft fluffy and shiny. Plus it smells Devine, love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG shampoo! I've been using natural, sulfate-free products for about three years and during that time I've tried many shampoos. I have Asian hair that has a tendency to fall flat but is very easy to take care of.

I've been using this shampoo for a week now and it leaves my hair so smooth, fluffy, shiny, and fresh smelling. A lot shampoos tend to leave a coating which makes my hair tangle but this one leaves nothing behind and my hair feels so light and I can easy run my fingers through my hair without even the need to comb after taking a shower.

I also use conditioner only about once a month on my ends and this shampoo has not dried my hair at all. My hair is at its best when it is completely clean and not weighed down.

on 3/31/2012 1:39:00 PM

This smelled divine and did a squeaky clean job on my hair and scalp. It is incredibly drying, though. So for my thick, coarse hair this was not a good choice.

Popular Shampoos