October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Conditioner - Organix - Tahitian Vanilla Silk Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was pretty much useless as a conditioner. It did little to nothing for my hair and for all its promises (and it's price), I expected a lot more.
Its only good quality was its heavenly scent, which was pretty enjoyable. It smells all vanilla-ey and reminded me of cookies and cake batter which was divine. But unfortunately, the smell faded pretty quickly once my hair dried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lealorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the packaging, and the smell is amazing. However, that is about all that is good about this hair care line. Each and every time I washed my hair with this, it came out dry and brittle. Also, very expensive for a drug store product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the worst conditioner I ever bought. It made my hair like dry brittle straw. I hated it and the smell was like a vanilla Cake which is good and bad. I would tell everyone fo not buy this you will regret it especially if you need moisture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

What is wrong with this conditioner? I have been using the JF Blonde line for many years but sometimes I buy others to mix with JF's conditioner. I tried this alone, and keep in mind I have very manageable straight hair, my hair was like a bunch of strands that never seen conditioner, it was unmanageable, sticky, coated and overall looked like hell. No matter how much you use, it just does not work. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

TERRIBLE conditioner for the price i paid!! I have short hair that's pretty easy to deal with, and most hair products work pretty much the same for me but this is a total let down. Despite the fact that it smells awesome, it just doesn't do what a conditioner's suppose to do, i would apply this like any other conditioner and when it's time to wash it off, it feels like the conditioner's all gone, the tangles are still there and my hair actually feels a little oily, not silky (as it promised) at all. Right now i'm just trying to use it up with its matching shampoo. I'd say if you are like me and only intrigued by the scent, just go for the shampoo and skip the awful conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by when_in_hell

I'm totally torn on this. I've been using it periodically over the last few years, and I absolutely adore the smell. Sort of a, vanilla buttercream, like cake frosting. Every boy I've dated commented on how my hair smells after using this (one ex said it reminded him of Count Chocula cereal, another of whiskey in a positive way). Unfortunately, its conditioning properties are pretty lackluster. It's pretty cheap, but because I have to use so much to feel properly conditioned I wind up motoring through a bottle very quickly, and I have to supplement with a deep conditioner a few times a week. I've scoured the stores and the internet and have yet to find a conditioner that approximates the smell of this. Since they came out with the shine serum I've been using that to supplement my hair smell instead of the conditioner, so that kind of works.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by holymell

Like others have mentioned, this smells delicious (which is what initially drew me to it, as well as the claims of creating silky hair), but really did very little to actually improve the condition of my hair, and/or mask the problems that it has.

My hair IS very, very damaged, but I have honestly bought conditioners for one dollar (used generally for co-washing) that have left my hair feeling better.

I wanted to like it, but could not. I TRIED to like it. I tried leaving it in for one minute, five minutes, twenty minutes, using it twice or three times within one shower, etc, and nothing made this stuff work as it claimed it would.

Oh, and the bottle design is repugnant as well. It's also kinda difficult to coax this stuff from the bottle. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by moggi

I really like the smell. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. It's cruelty-free, reasonably priced and the little squeeze bottle is cute. However, the product does tend to build up over time. It is also hard to get the last of it out of the bottle, so I have to add water and shake it well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sure this smells absolutely divine in the bottle, which is what sucked me in. Beyond that it is horrid. After 3 washes it has turned my hair into a lank greasy mess. At $15AU it is ridiculously expensive. Save your money and look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm just amazed that there are people who imagine that this stuff smells good. I find it toxic smelling. It literally gives me a headache.

And for the people raving about the natural ingredients - have you ever looked at what's in this stuff?! INGREDIENTS: Di Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Silk Amino Complex, Vanilla Bean Oil (Organic), Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Finally, I bought it because it says it's good for color-treated hair and that it seals the hair's cuticles. Ay yi yi. Am I a sucker. Far from protecting the color, it seems to be stripping it. My hair is like straw.

Stay away. continued >>