December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Skincare - Body - Vaseline - Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, With Brazillian Nut and Almond Oils

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin on my arms and legs and I'm in the pool a lot so this has literally saved my skin as I work a little into my arms and legs and I look polished and moisturized once more. Don't over do it, I'm telling you the size of a dime is enough! It also gives my legs a nice summer glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by CarolLind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Vaseline gel has a very deep, warm, lovely scent. It's extremely moisturizing and glides easily on the skin. If you have very dry spots (like on your feet) this will take care of it. I would suggest rubbing this on your skin right after you step our the bath or shower and pat your skin lightly. A little moisture on your skin if just the right base for this product.

I have never used this on my face though. I don't think I ever would. I'd rather use creams on my face, insteal of gels.

Also, it seems like when I put this on, my skin tone evens out a bit. I don't know if this is a fact or just me being hopeful and seeing what I want to see. But if you just want soft, smooth skin, and like to smell delicious, I would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching one of my favorite beauty YT channels go on and on about this product I bought it. IMO it's everything, and more, she raved about. Yes, it does take a little extra effort massaging into the skin, but the results are so worth it! Its easy to overdo it with this oil, as I did the first time I applied it on dry skin. it works much better in smaller amounts right after a bath or shower while skin is still wet or damp. This gel oil locks so much moisture in and gives the most beautiful sheen to my skin. And the smell...wow! It's in no way an overpowering cocoa butter fragrance, but it's definitely reminiscent of the beach and summertime...in a good way. The fragrance does dissipate after an hour, or so. And what youre left with is silky, soft, hydrated skin with a gorgeous glow. Wish they sold it in a gallon size!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Long ago, I purchased a tube of Johnson's baby oil gel. It made my limbs look marvellously supple and toned in light summery dresses, but ruined one with staining. Six months on and I saw this on sale at Boots. I had a great, unfounded rush of nostalgia and bought it. I showered and put it on while my skim was still damp, then blotted off the excess with a towel...ah, lovely skin that smelled like white chocolate! But, in the back of my mind, there was always the knowledge that it was mineral oil and that, were I not vigilant, there would be further staining episode. But what really turned me around were the hundreds--and I mean hundreds--of online reviews talking about the horrible rashes which had cropped up on various folk who had purchased this product. By rashes, I mean blistering, itchy, agonizing messes that had required doctor's visits and cortisone and all sorts of ghastly things. The next day, I flung myself into the shower again, scrubbed like mad, and then marched the bottle back to Boots with the receipt. Something must be terribly wrong with a product that has done this to so many people. Dodged that silver bullet. Phew.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after searching for dupes of the original NARS Body Glow. I wanted a similar smell (I'm in looooove with the scent!) but without the tint -- which tends to rub off on my clothes. I didn't like Body Glow II enough to justify the cost. I found this product at CVS for $8.99 (although half-off online) and am rather pleased! I use it right after the shower so it doesn't end up being too greasy. It does give your skin a warm glow and it's very moisturizing. The scent, while much subtler than Body Glow, is still pleasant and nutty. It really can't work as a standalone fragrance, though, if that's what you're looking for. But's it's relatively inexpensive, and I like how it makes my skin feel, so I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by mighttango

Just tried this...container does need a tighter snap closure to prevent leaking. I rubbed a nickel size dollop between my hands & applied to both legs. Did same amount for arms. You have to really massage it in. Smells light coconut fragrance...nice! Leaves a slight sheen & moisturizes pretty well! Like for summertime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only like this 'the day after' I use it. It feels sticky, takes forever to dry, and I must wash my hands over and over to get it off. I use this a lot after the shower though. And EVERY time before I self tan. Great results with that. Smells nice too. Like I said, only after I wake up the next morning is my skin really smooth and soft. Hate the drying process of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by worrdWORRDD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just used it for the first time a little bit ago and I love this stuff! It smells so good, like slightly chocolate, slightly nutty. Yum! Basically what I did to apply this product is rub some of it in my hands (not too much!) and rub it into my skin after a shower. I thought it took a few minutes to absorb, but nothing I can't deal with. Made my winter skin so soft and pretty looking! My skin gets quite dry and ashy in the winter, as I live in NY state. I can see how someone could overdo it with this product and it would be too greasy feeling, so be careful about how much you apply. Remember, you can always apply more! I can't wait to use this in summer either. It will give my skin a sexy sheen when my skin is bare. Such a great product! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by curlyqueue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I have used and enjoyed body oils in the past and thought this would be less messy. I'll agree with all the other reviewers, the stuff never sinks in. The oil residue gets on everything. It does make your skin quite silky (or slick) but I couldn't stand the feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Going to start off by disagreeing with the majority of reviews... I really do not like the fragrance. Reminds me of Palmer's Cocoa butter, which I also dislike.

As far as it's moisturizing properties go, I love it. I basically massage it into wet or damp skin for 10-15 minutes after a shower. It takes a while to really sink in, but your skin is buttery, supple and absolutely radiant.

The gel formula is so much easier to control than a traditional liquid body oil... so you don't end up making a mess and get just the right amount of product.

This is great for rubbing on bare shoulders and legs for a night out because it gives a FANTASTIC sheen to the skin.

A little goes a long way and it is CHEAP. Great product.