July 30, 2014 | 1927 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Color Surge Duo in Like Mink

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this duo eye shadow in a GWP. The colors are very neutral and highly wearable. However, the color pay-off is not that good. Compared to other Clinique eye shadows I have the color pay-off when it comes to "Like Mink" is very poor actually. I reach for it on days when I want just a tiny bit of eye shadow, and the color pay-off even buggs me a bit on those days. I'd say go for a neutral eye shadow palette with a better color pay-off, saves time in the morning!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As the previous reviewer mentioned, the colors are pretty boring, and the payoff isn't great. This is the case with all the clinique makeup i've tried. Im a fan of neutrals so I'm giving it a 3. But even I, a huge fan of neutrals, find the colors very bland. I also had better color payoff from NYX. Its not bad, but definitely overpriced for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Boo! I got this in a GWP, and used it for years afterwards...just because it was there. The colors are boring, and the color payoff is practically zilch. I would never buy this, you're so much better off getting something from NYX.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These were the very first eye shadows I experimented with back in the day... I lived in a very conservative city where bold colors get frowned upon and nude was the color of EVERY party you go to. My big sis gave them to me from her GWP stuff and I was ecstatic! Even with the cheap brushes I got from HK. the results were wonderful! I guess this is what you would call "idiot proof" eyeshadow for a beginner. I used to put a dark brown eyeliner on the outer corner of my eyes, add some mascara, and voila! I look wide awake and feel really "appropriate" for the day. If I dont have much time or patience for eyeshadows, this is what I use. If you apply these wet, the colors stay put longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

This duo is very basic with a little shimmer. The colors blend well together and are very pretty on but there's a million other shades out there like it. I like it. I just have a ton of other eye shadows just like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at Sephora. I wore it over my Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Flax, as I do most of my eyeshadows. I do not normally wear shimmery e/s but I thought this one looked pretty good, so I went for it. I am a sucker for golden toned neutrals!

Like Mink is a very tame product. In fact, this is actually a bit TOO tame for me as I can hardly see that I have applied it. I put a ton of the champagne color on with my LM All Over Brush. It did not seem to really do much to my lid. Then, I used my LM Crease Brush to apply the darker color to my corner & crease. It looked pretty good, but then I used a dry brush (Sonia Kashuk Domed) to blend, and all the darker toned color disappeared!

Well, I'm not feeling well today, so I didn't bother applying more and more e/s on top of this. I will say that I am a bit disappointed! However, I also think I might purchase it again. Weird, I know. I am going to try to apply Like Mink with a wettened brush and see if the colors become more vivid.

The consistency of this shadow is awesome. Very creamy. Like Mink is beautiful in the pan. The packaging is really lovely too, a silver compact with a mirror and a small brush inside. The champage color takes up most of the inside, with just a small square of the darker shade.

I like a few others better. Here they are: NARS Madrague (matte); w n w Brulee & Nutty (shimmer); LM Buttercream & Cafe Au Lait (matte)

UPDATE: I used this again yesterday and it was much more beautiful than previous uses. I will keep it and use it frequently. It isn't too shimmery or glitzy. Just a perfect amount of shimmer to it! Adding a lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by JordysBeautySpot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The colour is very pigmented and i like the golden undertones :)
This is a perfect crease colour when wearing a creme or nude lid colour. You only need a tiny bit and it comes up quite dark so this will last you quite a while. Clinique is quite reasonable when it comes to price as their products last. I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an outstanding go-to shadow duo for daily wear. The lighter color is a shimmery sand shade, the darker one is a shimmery bronze. These can be great daytime colors or if applied more heavily, could work for night as well. Definitely one I'll repurchase if it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

NO, NO NO NO!
My Rating: BAD.
Price: expensive.
Packaging quality: well that's another story but i can't be paying for pretty cases all the time. thank god i got mine in a sample, been having it for a year already and i got a hint of what it's like.
Would i (ever) buy it: NEVER.
(just finishes reviewing my Isadora quad and i am so much more in love with that than with this one. i actually hate this one)
previous reviews describe this eyeshadow as 'champagne and bronze'. There must be something wrong with my eyes because mine looks like shit! I see no champagne and no bronze, ladies!

First of all, the consistency is chalky like hell. I rub/dab my brush in the case and all i get is small balls of product if you can believe this, the eyeshadow can't even live up to its name/price and decently appear like a dust on the brush...
easily blendable, though. BUT.

Not pigmented at all. it's always a fight to use it because the colors won't show off and it's a pain in the ass to try and build them up as well. they blend well in the sense that the color is so sheer you can basically barely see it, can cover or mix them up with something else. i hope i'm making sense here.

The colors....now. My 'champagne' is actually a ratty grey, a dirty pearlescent white if i can say so. it looks like a white shadow with dirty greyish residues on top. not to mention the chunks of 'glitter'. and seriously, i can't get over the fact that you have to have a fight with the brush and the case to get something outta it. it just won't go on the brush no matter how much you rub it in.

the 'bronze' appears as a cheapo reddish Maybelline style brown. when i try it on my hand or a white sheet of paper (to see the color in its natural state) it looks, again, like a cheapo brown eyeshadow. nothing spectacular. when i apply it on my eyelids, the horror!!! after a good couple of minutes of fighting with the brush and the pan i apply it and it appears as a sheer veil of nothingness with some faint orange undertones. if i add more i always end up with an unidentified color with faint PURPLE undertones.i am not making this up, i swear, the color appears as having mauveish undertones and i am flabbergasted....i look like someone beat me up or like i haven't slept for a couple of weeks. and to top it, it is not even a color, i can't say i am wearing SOMETHING. it is just.....stuff on my eyelids.
incredible rip-off (thank god i didn't pay for it...), disgusting product.
as usual, i thought there must be something wrong with my eyshadow, my skin, etc, went to the perfume store and tried Like Mink from the tester batch, then had a friend try it on. pure horror.
i know that other clinique eyeshadows are of good quality and many of my friends are satisfied with them. i just can't understand where in the world did the Clinique people authorize this product on the market, and at that price. is bullshit, pardon my language.
i seriously don't know why i haven't thrown it away yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample compact with a blush and i love it. I use the lighter color more often, as a highlighter and it works great. Once I run out i will but the full size.