Ice Cubes

water, coldness

on 8/16/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like to do ice facials after exfoliating my face (I use peel off mask and comedone extractor to get rid of clogged pores - blackheads and whiteheads). My face becomes red and then I quickly rub 1-2 ice cubes directly on my face for a minute. It gives cooling effect right away (obviously) and it takes away the redness quickly. Other than that, I don't see any other benefits...

on 8/16/2015 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely love this for that refreshed wide awake feeling in the morning... I first put the cubes in a bowl of water and dunk my whole face in for 10 seconds (hold your breath first!).. The come up for air and repeat 3 X... Then keep the ice cubes in the bowl tip the water out... And after about 5 minutes rub the cubes all round your eyes, cheeks whole of your face..... It's soothing and gives a lovely refreshed glow... Tightens pores and gives you lovely smooth skin.... It feels wonderful to touch...use moisturiser afterwards as it can be a little drying. Also I use frozen dessert spoons under my eyes... Fantastic for combatting puffiness!!!... And its free! Better than ANY eye or face cream out there... And I've tried them all!! X please try! Works wonders

on 8/10/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It works well for me! I use it in the morning when I wake up, after washing my skin, and at night before bed. I let the ice cube melt a bit and then I rub it all over my face in circular motions for a couple of seconds at a time, then I dry my face and apply moustizer because it has a drying effect. It leaves my skins feeling refreshed, it reduces the size of my pores, tightens my skin and visibly reduces swelling and redness! Be sure to not leave it on you're skin for extended periods of time, especially if your putting it on directly, because it can burn your skin and worsen any redness! Definitely give it a try.

on 7/20/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use ice cubes to reduce the inflammation from my pimples and to reduce the appearance of puffiness under my eyes after I cry or something. It's free. It works. It's for me.

on 7/14/2015 8:47:00 AM

I've always suffered severe acne since my early teens. To cut a long story short relating solely to ice cubes... Every Single time without a doubt when i would pop a zit it would ALWAYS get larger and more red lasting weeks before finally clearing visibility. It's only recently I tried icing it afterwards that I noticed swelling going down and for it to be less red and noticeable. I know popping a pimple isn't recommended but sometimes I can't stand to let that ugly yellow tip exist lol but now I actually feel more comfortable in doing so because of this remedy :D

on 6/18/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love green tea ice cubes,If my skin starts looking a lil lackluster I'll use a cube all over my face.I notice when I use at night,I wake up with beautifully smooth soft skin with smaller pores. I'm in my early thirties and I still get IDed,so I'll be using this til I die!!Love! If u hadn't tried I would recommend.

on 6/12/2015 4:51:00 PM

I love using Ice Cubes on my face, both at nighttime to shrink my pores and also in the mornings to help wake me up. I also use it to reduce the inflammation of angry pimples. My favorite thing to do is to make Green Tea and Aloe Vera Ice Cubes. Just make Green Tea, Let Cool, Add Aloe Vera Gel and Freeze. So simple and super refreshing. I recommend you use Ice Cubes daily as a mini facial. I've heard it also helps to keep you young looking.
Why not give it a try?! Its free and beneficial to the skin. Just be careful and wrap it in a paper towel first so that you do not freezer burn your skin. Ouch!

on 6/12/2015 4:22:00 PM

Ahhh, such a simple, cheap, and natural remedy! I just recently started doing mini ice facials and they have been a godsend during the hot California summers! It's so refreshing and relieving - just take an ice cube, wrap it in something (paper towel, plastic baggie, washcloth) and GENTLY rub in circular motions all over your face until it has melted. It's super refreshing and calming on a hot day, and afterwards your skin will be rejuvenated, fresh, and dewy looking! Ice tightens the pores similar to a toner, constricts blood vessels, and improves circulation giving you that rosy glow. I also do a spot treatment on those nasty under the skin cystic pimples. Just take an ice cube, again wrap it in something (you never want to put straight ice on your skin, you can cause serious damage) and hold it to the spot for about a minute, then a 30 second rest. Keep doing this until the ice cube is melted and it will help take down the inflammation on the spot and help it heal more quickly :) probably the cheapest (its free) beauty tip there is!

on 4/27/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love running this over my skin to shrink pores and lessen inflammation.

A review on cubes of ice. Here goes.

For pimples of zits: I place a cube from my freezer in a clean rag and place it on a painful forming pimple to help with the inflammation. This will however, not stop it from forming, but it does help immensely with the irritation.

For puffy eyes and puffy or swollen ANYTHING: It's a great way to depuff puffy eyes. Also great for swelling in knees, ankles, or basically anything that is inflamed and swollen. Why? Because ice constricts blood vessels, which causes reduction in swelling.
(CAUTION: Do not use direct ice on any part of the body for an extended period of time. To do so can cause permanent damage. Place ice in a clean rag or towel before application. Use ice in 10-15 minute increments with 15 minute breaks in between. Don't do this for more than an hour, or it can result in permanent damage, so please be careful.)

For drinks on a summer day: Probably my favorite use of all. Nothing like ice water (frozen water + liquid water = Genius.), or down here in the south, Iced Tea, is perfect on a hot summer day. Great way to cool down when the temperature feels like you are in a sauna!

Popular Treatments (Face)