Ice Cubes

Price: $

water, coldness

on 4/16/2015 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Read about this on acne.org for cystic and hormonal lumps. I wrap a cube in a tissue then press on the offending area for 5 mins. It reduces swelling then gives a calmer appearance to the skin. I've lately been using it to stop small whiteheads from reinfecting instead of bp.

on 4/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

READ why people are reviewing this technique.

on 3/6/2015 4:09:00 AM

Rubbing an ice cube over your face is the best at home "facial" I've ever done. My skin glows and feels so hydrated, definitely recommend doing this at least 4x a week

on 2/4/2015 1:20:00 AM

You have to try this. Its easy, simple, and almost free. This is possibly the cheapest thing you can do to make your skin glow, reduce pores, reduce inflammation (especially for those with acne), reduce dark circles, and more.

I don't use a cloth or anything like some reviewers do. I just take a cube and let it sit in a plate while I brush and floss my teeth, and wash my face. By then, it should have melted a bit. I then rub the cube all over my face. If I have a pimple, or anything active, I hold it on there for 30 seconds, remove, and repeat. If I have a huge cyst, or something ugly, then I use one cube on my entire face followed by a cube for the cyst/anything needing more attention.

After this, my face is pink and feels very refreshed. My pores are visibly smaller, and my skin glowing. In the morning, I find any inflammation has calmed down significantly. Plus my skin still glows, and is radiant.

I think this is perfect for anyone, and everyone. Its simple, cheap, and makes your skin beautiful. Try it. What have you got to lose? :)

on 12/22/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For me, it tightened poors a tiny bit and gave me a rosy glow.
It gave me the exact same results that an exfoliator does, and it's much cheaper.

on 12/3/2014 3:59:00 AM

Cheap, easy and no hassell.

You have to be-careful using ice as in the long term it can damage delicate skin. I only do it say once a week or when I have puffy eyes. I have a tray already stocked up in my freezer. It consist of green tea at the moment.

Couple of green tea bags in a mug, boil water leave to sit for ages. Pour in ice tray and pop in freezer. Green tea is very good for the skin. I use a muslin cloth, wrap the ice cube inside then light dabbing all the way around the eyes in circular movement.

It doesn't fully get rid of puffiness, it reduces it, makes the skin tight and eyes more refreshed.

on 11/16/2014 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For months, I have been using on my face a paste made with regular uncoated aspirin followed by ice cubes in circular motions Aspirin tablets contain a compound derived from salicylic acid -- which helps to cleanse pores, remove dead skin cells and heal blemishes. Ice cubes soothes swelling and inflammation.
For acne spot treatment, ( not for those allergic to aspirin), I crush two or three aspirins , add four or five dops of water to make a paste, apply it to irritated areas of the skin followed by circular motions with ice cubes wrapped in plastic wrap or a washcloth for a period of five minutes. Then I let it dry naturally for half an hour and rinse.. (Avoid gettting the paste around the nostril area and the eyes, the aspirin breakups into a loose powder, once it dries, which could irritate your eyes or makes you sneeze.)

Also

I use ice to temporarily minimize the size of my pores. It reduces inflammation in the skin by concentrating blood flow.
Use two to three small ice cubes, wrap them in cloth, and apply to facial pores with gentle pressure. Apply to one area of the face for approximately 30 seconds to one minute.
(Avoid using ice that is taken directly from the freezing temperatures (it can burn the skinand irritate even further), let it seat for a while until it wets, then apply as suggested.

on 7/31/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ice can calm inflamation, soothe a burn, help with puffy eyes - but use with care and a barrier between it and your skin. Free - make it at home yourself.

on 6/22/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Who new ice cubes would work so well as a spot treatment! Every time I notice a zit forming I fold a napkin, hold the star shaped ice cube with it, press for 10 seconds, move it around for a few seconds and repeat until it melts. Works great to prevent swelling although not 100% as expected. Repeat twice a day until the imperfection is gone. Rubbing ice on my face isn't that pleasant to me but it's costless and effective so I'll continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is one of the things I recur to when I have diverse skin issues. It's super great for reducing skin inflammation, rashes, zits, huge pores and it also tightens the skin. When I get cystic pimples before my period, I always press an ice cube repeatedly against them until it melts. It helps reduce their size and inflammation overnight.

Popular Treatments (Face)