Ice Cubes

Price: $

water, coldness

on 4/27/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

WHAT!!? After just one night I saw a dramatic difference in my skin. I had gotten a really bad breakout over the weekend and it was so bad that I was ashamed to be out in public. I was desperate and didn't know what else to do so I tried this. I started by just holding one ice cube at a time to the severely blemished areas for about 30 seconds, but I still felt like that wasn't enough. I had read one review by a girl who rubbed the ice all over her face for like 40 minutes, so that's what I did. When I woke up the next morning I was soo happy and relieved. The ice really did help to calm my skin down and the blemishes and redness reduced tremendously. If it could make such a difference in one night, after a month I'm going to be glowing. It makes me mad that I've spent so much time looking for the perfect products, trying to form the perfect regimen to get clear, seeing dermatologists and everything else when all I had to do was go the freezer and put ice on my face for free.

You might think that because you've tried everything there's no point in doing this, but just try it. PLEASE.

on 4/27/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love running this over my skin to shrink pores and lessen inflammation.

A review on cubes of ice. Here goes.

For pimples of zits: I place a cube from my freezer in a clean rag and place it on a painful forming pimple to help with the inflammation. This will however, not stop it from forming, but it does help immensely with the irritation.

For puffy eyes and puffy or swollen ANYTHING: It's a great way to depuff puffy eyes. Also great for swelling in knees, ankles, or basically anything that is inflamed and swollen. Why? Because ice constricts blood vessels, which causes reduction in swelling.
(CAUTION: Do not use direct ice on any part of the body for an extended period of time. To do so can cause permanent damage. Place ice in a clean rag or towel before application. Use ice in 10-15 minute increments with 15 minute breaks in between. Don't do this for more than an hour, or it can result in permanent damage, so please be careful.)

For drinks on a summer day: Probably my favorite use of all. Nothing like ice water (frozen water + liquid water = Genius.), or down here in the south, Iced Tea, is perfect on a hot summer day. Great way to cool down when the temperature feels like you are in a sauna!

on 4/21/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually have pretty clear skin, but I do fall victim to the occasional gnarly, cystic spot around that TOTM. I use an ice pack wrapped in a paper towel and apply it directly to the spot for a few minutes at a time over a 10 minute period. It really helps calm it down and reduce the pain, redness, and swelling. Obviously it's not going to make it completely go away, but it does make it more tolerable until my BP and QHMJM (sulfur) spot treatments annihilate the sucker.

on 4/16/2015 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Read about this on acne.org for cystic and hormonal lumps. I wrap a cube in a tissue then press on the offending area for 5 mins. It reduces swelling then gives a calmer appearance to the skin. I've lately been using it to stop small whiteheads from reinfecting instead of bp.

on 4/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

READ why people are reviewing this technique.

on 3/6/2015 4:09:00 AM

Rubbing an ice cube over your face is the best at home "facial" I've ever done. My skin glows and feels so hydrated, definitely recommend doing this at least 4x a week

on 2/4/2015 1:20:00 AM

You have to try this. Its easy, simple, and almost free. This is possibly the cheapest thing you can do to make your skin glow, reduce pores, reduce inflammation (especially for those with acne), reduce dark circles, and more.

I don't use a cloth or anything like some reviewers do. I just take a cube and let it sit in a plate while I brush and floss my teeth, and wash my face. By then, it should have melted a bit. I then rub the cube all over my face. If I have a pimple, or anything active, I hold it on there for 30 seconds, remove, and repeat. If I have a huge cyst, or something ugly, then I use one cube on my entire face followed by a cube for the cyst/anything needing more attention.

After this, my face is pink and feels very refreshed. My pores are visibly smaller, and my skin glowing. In the morning, I find any inflammation has calmed down significantly. Plus my skin still glows, and is radiant.

I think this is perfect for anyone, and everyone. Its simple, cheap, and makes your skin beautiful. Try it. What have you got to lose? :)

on 12/22/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For me, it tightened poors a tiny bit and gave me a rosy glow.
It gave me the exact same results that an exfoliator does, and it's much cheaper.

on 12/3/2014 3:59:00 AM

Cheap, easy and no hassell.

You have to be-careful using ice as in the long term it can damage delicate skin. I only do it say once a week or when I have puffy eyes. I have a tray already stocked up in my freezer. It consist of green tea at the moment.

Couple of green tea bags in a mug, boil water leave to sit for ages. Pour in ice tray and pop in freezer. Green tea is very good for the skin. I use a muslin cloth, wrap the ice cube inside then light dabbing all the way around the eyes in circular movement.

It doesn't fully get rid of puffiness, it reduces it, makes the skin tight and eyes more refreshed.

Popular Treatments (Face)