July 24, 2014 | 1472 users online

Skincare - Face - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by stls

Who new ice cubes would work so well as a spot treatment! Every time I notice a zit forming I fold a napkin, hold the star shaped ice cube with it, press for 10 seconds, move it around for a few seconds and repeat until it melts. Works great to prevent swelling although not 100% as expected. Repeat twice a day until the imperfection is gone. Rubbing ice on my face isn't that pleasant to me but it's costless and effective so I'll continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This is one of the things I recur to when I have diverse skin issues. It's super great for reducing skin inflammation, rashes, zits, huge pores and it also tightens the skin. When I get cystic pimples before my period, I always press an ice cube repeatedly against them until it melts. It helps reduce their size and inflammation overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Dipsm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Applying ice cubes on my skin is very very beneficial n it tones my skin and removes al spots.... I use it twice daily .... Morning as well as night.... N it really really helps..... I use it after my cleansing n apply my skin care products later.... I highly recommend this product .....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by PrettyPegasus

Heard that cold compresses help puffy eyes. They don't; it just feels cool to the point of uncomfortable. I wrapped mine in a thin towel as told, although it was really cold. It doesn't do anything... Splash some cool water on your face instead if you are using ice to wake up.

Also, a cool damp towel doesn't help puffiness either. Even cold damp towels.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by vladmyra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Here's what I do once or twice a day:

Buy stocking material sockets (the thin, transparent ones) to hold the ice cubes in.

Put 1 or 2 ice cubes (mine are not very large) in the socket and position it so the flat end can be rubbed against my face. I usually just twist the socket tightly to hold the ice cube in place.

Rub a dub dub that lovely ice all over your clean face, concentrating on an areas with spots and on the under eye area. It's very soothing. I follow this with whatever skin products I want to use.

Results I've seen:

My under eye circles lightened after 2 days of use (this doesn't get rid of them totally but it really helps).

Any under eye bagginess that had accompanied my dark circles has disappeared. Even on days I forget to ice my face I no longer have eye bags.

It helps stop emerging pimples or helps spots to heal more quickly.

Tones the face and helps keep my skin feeling smooth and moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

Icing my face is the best thing I've done for my skin, ever. After finally getting my hormonal cystic acne under control through Spiro, BC, and dietary changes (no cow's milk products, low gluten, lots of fruits/veggies), I was still left with small, flat, red bumps that never seemed to go away. I had long suspected that my lifestyle/job was to blame: I am a hot yoga teacher and spend many hours each week either teaching or practicing yoga in a heated room. I religiously washed my face after practicing, never wore makeup in the hot room, etc., but still the breakouts persisted. On a lark, I decided to begin icing down my face after being in the heat, and the results were almost instantaneous.

I know some may think it's a bit extreme, but I ice my face 2-3 times a day: after washing my face in the AM and before applying my skincare products, anytime after I've been teaching or doing yoga in the heated room, and after washing my face in the PM, before I apply my nighttime moisturizer. I simply take an ice cube and lightly swipe it across my skin, paying special attention to the areas that tended to break out--the sides of my nose and mouth, and the area around my eyebrows. If I'm diligent about doing this, I have no breakouts. When I get lazy, the breakouts return.

My skin is calmer, less red, and looks amazingly bright and clear when I consistently use ice in my routine. So if you're on the fence, you really should give it a try. There's nothing to lose, especially considering that it cost absolutely nothing but a few minutes of time!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mjeeeeh... I don't know... It's a exceptionally cheap trick, but I don't really think it does so much for me? It feels nice, but I guess that's it???

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love rubbing ice on my face morning and night. It acts like a toner, tightening my pores and reducing puffiness around my eyes in the morning. It also acts to give a fresh faced look like I've just walked in the cold, so my cheeks get that red snow kissed look which I love! I actually amped my ice up recently after watching Michelle Phan on YouTube, who suggested green tea and vitamin e tablets mixed in (look it up!) to act as an antioxidant in the ice. I love this!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by dchamp10

Ice mini-facials have been working great for me. I have had cystic acne since I was 19 (now 33) and I wish I had known about this much sooner. I have been using the ice cubes every other night for two weeks and have seen a good reduction in the size of blemishes under my skin and in the number of blemishes already on top of my skin. My porea are shrinking and my skin is starting to look less red And irritated. My biggest recommendation is to use this as a preventative measure....not just treatment.

Regimen (every other night):
- cleanse face as usual
- wrap two ice cubes in a wash cloth
- hold (I don't rub) the wash cloth on the different areas of my face for 1-2 minutes (I start with my forehead and then move to my nose and then to my cheeks and chin/jaw line)
- finish with toner/acne treatment/moisturizer

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jueuni

I had a really big pimple on my cheek. I wrapped my ice cube with a washcloth and held it to my pimple for 3-4 minutes. It's size reduced! After doing so, I'd just continue applying a pimple cream :)