August 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Crème - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Majeur

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by llwt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know, maybe the color is wrong or I'm not applying it right but I didn't like this foundation. It didn't cover well and caked a bit. There are better foundations that don't cost nearly as much

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got this foundation as a part of travel set, sample size - 9 ml, glass bottle, No. 1. Very light (yellow undertone) color. Medium coverage. Firstly I was so disappointed with it, it seems to be that I couldn't achieve unified complexion at all, just strokes on my face, but then I found (and was so surprised!) that if you try not to blend it well ;-) over your face, but just to put it on using patting movements, you'll receive quite a good result! Unified complexion, more or less covered pores. Anyway, actually, It couldn't cover real blemishes or acne (just minor imperfections) - you'll need your concealer. But it gives pretty matte finish, so that I didn't use my loose powder to set and mat this foundation. One additional thing: this foundation gives you very flat coverage, so you need to use your blush/bronzer/highliter to structure the face. I have really pale skin tone, but No. 1 is a bit too pale/yellowish for me anyway. And, indeed, it's needless to say that the full size jar is too costly! So, yes, somehow I like it as a sample/gift ;-) as everyday foundation during winter time (when I have no tan), but not for special occasions. Nothing special, except mat finish. Too costly. I wouldn't purchase a full size, I think...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Playintense

The good news is, this foubdation is %50 off at strawberrynet.com :) cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by caitsmith08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!! I have dry skin so find creme foundations work best. This foundation is silky and glides on smoothly. Coverage is medium but build-able and I prefer a more medium to full coverage. Has good staying power, not as good as YSL teint resist but decent (lasts me a day at uni but would need to reapply if was going out at night). But would definitely need to use a powder on top. I find that It can sometimes stick to my dry patches IF I have not properly moisturised before-hand and let my moisturiser sink in properly.
Downside is it's expensive think I paid $100 Australian dollars. But I will pay anything if it works on my skin!
I would repurchase this product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first souffle type foundation I have ever used. Normally I prefer liquid although for a brief period, I flirted with compact foundation.

There are only 2 bad things about this foundation and the first one is much worse than the 2nd. It has that YSL cosmetics odor which I find almost intolerable. And, the price. It costs at least $40 more than the next most expensive I have ever purchased.

It is much lighter than I thought a souffle consistency foundation could be. Last year I applied it with a MAC foundation brush b/c I didn't like the silly little brush it came with. I retired it for the summer in favor of a lighter Shu foundation and recently pulled it out of my foundation warehouse for a cooler weather round. This time, I am applying it with my fingers and this makes it melt into my skin. It lasts well, doesn't settle in my pores visibly, even looking at them with a 10X magnifying mirror and color #2 is a decent match for my ppp, yellowish undertone complexion.

This jar should last until warm weather returns. By then, I hope to find a cool weather foundation that smells better and costs somewhat less.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! I am in love. I have been trying this several times at the counter until I finally to get one jar of this fabulous foundation onlilne (found it cheaper at a discounter in the UK).
Well, all raves have been already described blow.
Creamy, rich, smooth, goes on your skin like a dream; I recommend you use a proper primer underneath; if you have combo skin like mine don't over moisturize...a "dry" serum will do, as Teint Majeur is really moisturizing on its own.
Coverage is really great: it covers up major flares with one coat only, does NOT appear masky, though.
Gives you a dewy finish, not matte. It has particles inside that are said to reflect light (I guess it works!) so you look particularly radiant!
I obviously fix it with a good setting powder (Becca or chanel or Guerlain) and I am ready to go.
Despite of its being very moisturizing, it keeps oilies at bay. I was really amazed the first time I wore that, as I was expecting to be an oil slick after one hour; I was proved wrong!
Well, truth to be said, it's winter weather here now so my T-zone is better manageable but nonetheless, I am really glad about how Teint Majeur performs.
What you really, really need to check about are the shades, Shades are really weird. I am perfectly matched with a shade # 4 (that should sound dark right? I am a NC15!!)
It looks darkish in the jar but on the skin it really goes light.
On the other hand shade #1 (that is normally my shade in most foundations) is really ghosty looking with a pink undertone and does not match me, ditto #3.
For the sake of precision, shades 1,3,5 are (from lightest to darkest) wiht PINK undertones and shades 2,4,6 are w/ YELLOW undertones.
I had to try several times all the shades at the counter before buying mine.
Don't buy online relying on the swatches on the YSL site, as they are pretty inaccurate!!
And....Yes, at full price it is way too expensive but now you can find it at a really reasonable price (I got mine for about 30 £).
A great foundation , a must try for all foundation serial buyers!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by 100pixiedust

i got a sample of this and was quite excited! lol, the texture is smooth and feels divine and it seems to give me a natural satin finish however i think you could get this value of foundation at a cheaper price-say chanel etc.as its not that special really!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by amak16701

When I read the description for this product on YSL's website, I had decided to try it out, so I ordered it. I had chosen the #9 shade. It looked like the perfect shade when it was in the jar. I moisturized well enough before putting it on, made sure my skin looked and felt nice and smooth, but when I applied it it seemed to emphasize all my flaws, and worst of all, it made me look like a ghost--not only on camera, but in the mirror! Plus, it looked horribly dry and flaky. I let it sit for 30 minutes hoping it would change, but it didn't, and I tried applying it again the next day, but the same thing happened. It just doesn't work for me--hands down it's the worst and most expensive foundation I have ever tried. I am returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by claireknowles

I have two jars in different shades and like the color and feel of this makeup, but it's got some problems: 1) it can gum up over moisturized areas, 2) it's not that easy to get the foundation out of the container and apply it flawlessly (I use a sponge, sometimes a brush), 3) if you travel with it, opening the jar is messy after it's been upside down in a makeup bag, and 4) it's around $100. If you can apply it correctly, it looks beautiful with a dewy finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this, its the only colour match I have found. I remember being shocked when I told the sales assistant I couldn't see the colour on (I'm a no 1). I have dry sensitive skin and although I have to tweak and mix it with CDLM for my nose and forehead, it is perfect for the rest of the face. I wear it for 10-12 hours per day and its always a flawless coverage. Being a PPP I used to burn if I so much as spent 5 minutes in the sun, but with this I can rely on not getting burnt for simply going to get lunch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No