AMBI Complexion Cleansing Bar

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Glutaral, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides

on 5/30/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I brought the whole product line for my 17 year old son and not only did his skin improve in less then A month but he has not had anymore breakouts. He is very satisfied with the bar as well as tube fade cream and the exfoliates.

on 4/9/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This soap broke me out terribly. To cut a long story short, it broke me out and darkened my face as well. So, I went back to my dove soap which I previously used and, my face is back to normal.

Needless to say, I will jot be repurchasing. Bless

on 12/18/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So this my first review on a product. I bought this product off eBay. I bought it because I have darkmarks. I also have large pores around my cheeks. I have sabaceous filaments on my nose and chin. Mild acne on my forehead. I have very dark marks all over my cheeks.Their not black anymore but their still very noticeable because I am a lightskin African American.
What this product did for me?
It made my skin appear smoothly. I feel like I have a smooth enough canvas to work with for makeup so I will be getting back into that. I also haven't had any new breakouts.
How do I use it?
I switch off interchangeably throughout the week with Dove soap beauty bar and this bar. Sometimes, I wash I lather it in my hands and then massage my face and other times I use a wash cloth. First, I rub the soap into the washcloth then I massage the soapy washcloth into my skin. I only do that when I feel like I touched my face too much that day or I feel like I need to exfoliate.
Tip: Always start with warm water ( to open pores) then after your face is clear from the soap then rinse your face or wet your washcloth with cold water ( to close your pores ). I have been doing this for a year. My acne has calmed down so much!
I haven't seen a difference in acne scar colors though. So I am looking for a different product. But this product did a pretty good job with reducing my acne. But if I do see a difference I will be adding to this review.

on 4/22/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had very high hopes for this soap. It brought more blemishes and bumps. I noticed some acne scars had gone away, but it did bring more bumps.

on 4/22/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this soap, luckily I experienced no reactions from it. It's under $3, extremely smooth, green-ish color, decent lather, with a non-overwhelming light fragrance. Its ingredients-sans acne-fighting medications or sodium laureth sulfate- is exactly what my skin needed to clear up my recent breakout(due to a microdermabrasion kit). I started using it 3 days ago - so it's too early to comment on whether its helping to fully fade any hyper- pigmented spots, but I do notice my face is brightened, seemingly more even, and my pimples have significantly reduced in size and some have been completely eradicated. This cleansing soap is the perfect addition to my regimen for my oily, acne prone skin: (Morning (6:00a): Ambi CC Soap, Equate Oil Free Ultra Gentle Moisturizer Sensitive Skin/ Afternoon(After Work-4:30p): Equate Original Clean Makeup removing wipes, Ambi CC Soap, St. Ives Blemish Control Scrub, Seabreeze Original Astrigent, Equate Oil Free Sensitive Skin Moisturizer/ Night- (Directly before bed-10p) same as Morning. So, if you read the ingredients and weigh the compatibility of them with your skin then I suggest giving the soap a try.

on 3/14/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Don't buy ambi complexion cleansing bar it burns your face I used it 24hrs. Ago and my face is really red and still burning it burnt the skin off my face soon the red spots will turn into sores if u use ambi soap u the coco butter bar it works good that the only one I will ever use again they need to discontinue the Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar before someone sue them!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pleasantly surprised with this bar soap! Normally, I detest using soaps on my face as they aggravate or clog skin and leave a residue behind. This complexion bar is the bomb!! And dirt cheap, although it's becoming difficult to find where I live as most stores don't sell Ambi products:/ I use this product daily in my morning shower and I love it.

Pros:
Doesn't break me out
Rich lather
Reduces oil production
No residue
Promotes even skin-tone
Smells fresh like cucumbers
Effective on body acne

Cons
Slightly drying, best used 1x a day

For less than $2, you've got yourself a great cleanser that can be used all over without irritation. LOVE

on 10/26/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a complete whim because I had forgotten my face wash while I was out of town. I am so happy I did. I would have never tried it otherwise.

I'll get to the point:

Pros
-It was dirt cheap ($1.75)
-I have oily, acne-prone skin and it doesn't break me out
-My skin feels clean and smooth but not stripped--it actually feels really refreshing
-It's lasted me for a few months now (I use enough to create a small lather)
-It actually removes my eye makeup!! (Haven't tried it with waterproof mascara though)
-Not sure if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but it actually seemed to help calm my acne a bit as well (this is in conjunction with acne cream afterwards, but the results seemed to be better than when I used other face washes)

Cons
-If I don't use moisturizer, my skin will get a little dry after washing, but honestly that happens with pretty much any face wash I use:P

It's officially my HG face wash, hands down.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I've been using the complexion cleansing bar for a week now and it's great!! Originally I was using just the Even and Clear exfoliating wash for three weeks now, because a friend of mine suggested that it would help clear up my acne, which is pretty mild. I would still get little break outs, so I decided to combine it with the soap. Since I've started using both the exfoliating wash and the soap I haven't had any break outs! My skin is much brighter and clearer and soft and smooth! I'm waiting to see if it would help lighten the scars and spots on my face. I'm thinking about using the soap in the shower too, because I get break outs on my back. It should work right?
What's the down side? Well the soap leaves my skin feeling a little dry, but that's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Plus where I'm from it's a little more expensive then regular soap bars, but I don't mind it works :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok, so I ordered the ambi complexion soap. I used it last night omg, talk about making your face soft, that stuff was awesome. While washing, one of my acne whitehead popped because, as of lately I have been getting acne all over. Then woke up this morning, the sizes have decreased by 50percent. I am like wow!!!. Didn't expect it to work sooo fast. I know it's kind of too early to be getting excited but I couldn't help it. Hehe. I will definitely be keeping you guys posted.