October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Gels/Soaps - AMBI - Complexion Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Creolepastry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had very high hopes for this soap. It brought more blemishes and bumps. I noticed some acne scars had gone away, but it did bring more bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

@ BrittBritt27,
In the future, donít write reviews making exaggerated demands; such as the Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar needs to be discontinued and Don't buy it(because it caused you burns). Everyone, even Siamese†twins, has different biological properties- which means some might experience a reaction to it that others wonít. Just because YOUR skin had an allergic reaction doesn't mean- others will. Plus, every reader of this forum, Iím sure, is unaware of your facial regimen, your lifestyle or any allergies you may have which can also play a role in the reaction you received from the soap. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but your flagrant review could have potentially scared away someone for whom this soap might work for. *rant response over*

In contrast to BrittBritt, I actually love this soap(under $3, extremely smooth, green-ish color, decent lather, and a non-overwhelming light fragrance).Its ingredients-sans acne-fighting medications or sodium laureth sulfate- is exactly what my skin needed to clear up my recent breakout(due to a microdermabrasion kit). I started using it 3 days ago - so it is too early to comment on whether itís helping to fully fade any hyper- pigmented spots, but I do notice my face is brightened, seemingly more even, and my pimples have significantly reduced in size and some have been completely eradicated; and this result is only after a few days, I canít wait to see my skin 6 months from now. †This cleansing soap is the perfect addition to my regimen for my oily, acne prone skin: (Morning (6:00a): Ambi CC Soap, Equate Oil Free Ultra Gentle Moisturizer Sensitive Skin/ Afternoon(After Work-4:30p): Equate Original Clean Makeup removing wipes, Ambi CC Soap, St. Ives Blemish Control Scrub, Seabreeze Original Astrigent, Equate Oil Free Sensitive Skin Moisturizer/ Night- (Directly before bed-10p) Ė same as Morning. So, if you read the ingredients and weigh the compatibility of them with your skin then I suggest giving the soap a try. And if after any use your receive a less than satisfactory reaction then stop usage and find a face wash/soap that will work with you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by BrittBritt27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't buy ambi complexion cleansing bar it burns your face I used it 24hrs. Ago and my face is really red and still burning it burnt the skin off my face soon the red spots will turn into sores if u use ambi soap u the coco butter bar it works good that the only one I will ever use again they need to discontinue the Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar before someone sue them!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Pleasantly surprised with this bar soap! Normally, I detest using soaps on my face as they aggravate or clog skin and leave a residue behind. This complexion bar is the bomb!! And dirt cheap, although it's becoming difficult to find where I live as most stores don't sell Ambi products:/ I use this product daily in my morning shower and I love it.

Pros:
Doesn't break me out
Rich lather
Reduces oil production
No residue
Promotes even skin-tone
Smells fresh like cucumbers
Effective on body acne

Cons
Slightly drying, best used 1x a day

For less than $2, you've got yourself a great cleanser that can be used all over without irritation. LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Vinadet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a complete whim because I had forgotten my face wash while I was out of town. I am so happy I did. I would have never tried it otherwise.

I'll get to the point:

Pros
-It was dirt cheap ($1.75)
-I have oily, acne-prone skin and it doesn't break me out
-My skin feels clean and smooth but not stripped--it actually feels really refreshing
-It's lasted me for a few months now (I use enough to create a small lather)
-It actually removes my eye makeup!! (Haven't tried it with waterproof mascara though)
-Not sure if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but it actually seemed to help calm my acne a bit as well (this is in conjunction with acne cream afterwards, but the results seemed to be better than when I used other face washes)

Cons
-If I don't use moisturizer, my skin will get a little dry after washing, but honestly that happens with pretty much any face wash I use:P

It's officially my HG face wash, hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Dragoneyes212

So I've been using the complexion cleansing bar for a week now and it's great!! Originally I was using just the Even and Clear exfoliating wash for three weeks now, because a friend of mine suggested that it would help clear up my acne, which is pretty mild. I would still get little break outs, so I decided to combine it with the soap. Since I've started using both the exfoliating wash and the soap I haven't had any break outs! My skin is much brighter and clearer and soft and smooth! I'm waiting to see if it would help lighten the scars and spots on my face. I'm thinking about using the soap in the shower too, because I get break outs on my back. It should work right?
What's the down side? Well the soap leaves my skin feeling a little dry, but that's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Plus where I'm from it's a little more expensive then regular soap bars, but I don't mind it works :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by vivianchi2000

Ok, so I ordered the ambi complexion soap. I used it last night omg, talk about making your face soft, that stuff was awesome. While washing, one of my acne whitehead popped because, as of lately I have been getting acne all over. Then woke up this morning, the sizes have decreased by 50percent. I am like wow!!!. Didn't expect it to work sooo fast. I know it's kind of too early to be getting excited but I couldn't help it. Hehe. I will definitely be keeping you guys posted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mylilmama3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My cousin is yellow bone very pretty, but she always had dark spots when I came home from Kuwait her face totally changed, and I asked her what she was using. She said, Ambi! I always pick on my bumps, I have been using Ambi for about 2- almost 3 weeks and I already see a difference in my face! I do get little small bumps but my face is clearing up and as long as the dark spots are gone I'm happy! USE THIS PRODUCT!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

Christy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a week. So far, I like it. My face feels clean after washing. It feels dry but nothing my morning moisturizer can't fix. I have oily skin. So, being a bit dry doesn't affect me too much. So far, I haven't experienced any break outs or bad blemishes with this. I guess I'll see if that sticks as I keep using it. A week may not be long enough to know the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ninas1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a "REAL CONSUMER", not a fake blog writer. Im getting teary-eyed just writing about all the Acne and Hyperpigmentation is HAD on my face. All the crap that people are writing on Ambi products is false. Real testimony here. African-American Skin tone, and have suffered with Acne all my life. I use to pick in my face, which left dark spots. So, the dark spots, plus the new acne sent me in depression. I tried everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. I tried, proactive, RX for brown skin, Black soap by Dudu-Osun, and probably every single over the counter cleanser CVS pharmacy has to offer. NOTHING WORKED FOR ME. One night, I was talking to my grandmother, and told her about my depression because of my skin... She said: "Baby, get you some Ambi Soap", and dont wash my face with a rag. So... I went to the hair store, and purchased, Ambi Complexion Bar, Black Soap Bar, and Cocoa Butter Bar. Then I went to Walgreens and purchased Studio 35 Beauty Premium Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Pads. (Crying as I type this review) I did not see a difference in a week... But, in about (30) days, I saw my face reform to Clean and Clear Skin. My skin is a little uneven... but, I will take that any day over the horrible skin I previously had. I have been using ALL bar soaps listed. I also went to Dollar General and purchased the Dollar General Brand Facial Cleansing Buffs pad-Regular Texture, to get a deeper cleaning than the pads from Walgreens. I never use wash-clothes. And always wash with warm water. And I Clean my face (3) times a day. After (3-4) months of use... YOU WILL SEE CLEAR SKIN. Ambi was my last option. I did not want to go to my dermatologist to get the blue-light. I did not want no one burning the first layer of my skin off. I use All three Ambi soaps bar to prevent drying of the skin. Each soap has different ingredients. So, I try to change the soap I cleanse with every-other day or so. Every now and then I may have drying of the skin... but, not offten. If that does happen, I use coco-butter lotion or some type of plain moisturizing lotion. Nothing with scent or alot ingredients. Ladies... I swear this product works!!!!!! Im not finished with my skin... I have about 20% left with spots... but, im hoping in the next (2-3) months... my skin should be almost perfect! I will NEVER, EVER use anything else on my skin. I have sensitive skin, and this works perfect. You are not wasting your money when you buy this product. Someone in Tampa, Florida loves the makers of Ambi bar soap for skincare.