E.L.F. Blending Brush

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/9/2015 8:28:00 PM

I bought 2 of these: One for blending out and softening out hard lines in my eye shadow and blending them together and one for contouring the sides of my nose.
These brushes are rubbish! They shed like crazy even after washing several times. And forget about using them to contour the sides of your nose, one stray hair will find its way into your eyeball, guarantee it, which is a painful nightmare for those of who who wear contacts. You might not see any hairs but step up close to the mirror after and you will see the hairs all over your nose, cheeks and corners of your eyes. No thank you, I don't have the patience or the time to deal with stray hairs on my face from low quality brushes.
You get what you for pay and I paid one dollar (I'm from the UK in the States right now), USD, for these. Into the bin these went. I'm steering clear of ELF brushes forever, what a waste of money.

on 7/9/2015 1:28:00 AM

I really like this brush! It does the job well with blending -- works well with urban decay eyeshadows and tartlette palette. I noticed the reviews stated that it sheds a lot, but I haven't had any problems with this brush. The bristles are also soft -- overall, well worth the price. Picks up eyeshadow color and is great at creating a "gradient" softer look to blend the eyeshadows together (thus doing its purpose very well). I use this brush every day.

on 7/8/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this brush since I was quite impressed with the concealer brush. I do not have any issues with this brush at all. It does what it is supposed to do. I find that it blends out my shadows with ease. The bristles are soft and yet have great direction. I also have the short bristled smudge brush which I use constantly. I spot clean the ends every week and then monthly I deep clean with baby shampoo They have not shed thus far. I have had them both for about eight months. I am a convert of elf. I had some high end brushes that my puppy destroyed last year so I have had to replace them. I now know that you do not have to spend a ton of money to get great brushes. I hope these hold up for quite some time. Even if they don't I would not be so begrudging to buy them again at the price point. I highly recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really hate this brush. I'm not sure if I got a bad one but this thing was stiff as a board. It had no flexibility to it. It wouldn't allow me to blend anything. Some blending brush GEEESH. The bristles felt soft but were so tightly packed in that it was useless. At least it didn't shed.

on 6/30/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I originally purchased this as a concealer brush for my under eyes but it sheds too much and it was too fluffy I need something more dense. It has been shedding less so now I use it to blend my crease colors and it blends quite well. I like that the shape is not pointed like the mac 226 which helps me pick up and control the color better and itís super soft.

on 6/20/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(Referring to the $1 Essential, not the $3 Studio one) Great purchase for what it was worth. Haven't seen any shedding (so far - I've only used it twice) and gets the job done. It is the teeniest bit rough on the skin, but not enough that I don't like using it. Not to mention it seems very versatile - although I only use it to blend shadows, it's dense enough that I'm sure you could use it as a crease brush, or even to blend out concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

on 5/27/2015 8:35:00 AM

I am SHOCKED at all the good reviews this brush has. I bought it at Target a couple of days ago and just used it for the first time this morning. I wasn't expecting a lot, I just wanted a cheap brush to throw in my purse but OMG I am still picking off the hairs from my face, I'm pretty sure I inhaled a few. Gross. I've never has a brush shed so much on me before. I am so glad it was only a dollar because it definitely isn't worth more, maybe not even that. I'm hoping I just got a dud but seriously, spend a few more bucks and get something better. This is only good for little kids playing makeup, if even.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Okay, this really is an amazing little find for $1! It never sheds and it's not scratchy at all. It's sturdy and made well. You can use it to buff on concealer and to blend eyeshadow. You can also use it as an eyeshadow brush when you want a softer look. It blends powder cream and liquid products perfectly.

on 4/26/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

ONE DOLLAR! I don't know why I never bought this before. I have several ELF brushes and I've always been happy with them. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw a huge display and picked up a few things. I don't own any blending brushes so I got this. Okay, I'll admit I rarely use more than one eyeshadow at a time so I don't NEED this, but it works great and didn't shed. It's more precise than my regular shadow brush which now seems needlessly large. ONE DOLLAR!