August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Glosses

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by calico

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this lip gloss in Lilac and loved the colour because it goes very well with my Black Honey Almost Lipstick. It was smooth and not too sticky.

However, after a few months, the lip gloss started to emanate a bad smell. Told the SA at the Clinique beauty counter about it and she passive-aggressively placed the blame on me (the customer), implying that I wasn't cleaning my lips properly before putting the gloss on.
yeah...right. RME

This Clinique lipgloss wasn't the only gloss I was using. I was carrying around and using 3 other lipglosses at the same time and none of them had any bad smell or issues.

I disinfected the tip of the lipgloss tube, but a few days later the smell is back. I then checked out the Clinique website and realised from the reviews, that I was not the only one who had issues with foul smells emanating from their lipgloss tubes.

2 lippies for lovely colour and texture, but I am throwing this out and not buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have three of these lip Balm glosses, Mango, Apricot and Raspberry. The colors are really more of tints or undertones, these glosses are mostly clear w just a hint of color.

I like these because they feel very soft and moisturizing on the lips, they are VERY shiny though so if you don't like that look, not for you.

$15 for a lipgloss is a bit high in my opinion, but because these are so soft and feel more like a nice balm or treatment, the price is a lot more justifiable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I had purchased 3 tints in these (Curarnt, Raspberry, and Black Honey). I purchased them because I wanted ease of application i.e. apply without a mirror. It is a nice consistency - not too sticky. It feels very pleasant on the lips and keeps my lips hydrated. The colours Currant and Raspberry are my favourite while Black Honey looked awful (the lipstick version is much better).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Novelist12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gloss is of poor quality; it is thin and runs. I bought it because I was a few dollars short of receiving the free gift that was offered. However, I was very disappointed and gave it to my daughter. I will stick with Chanel or Lancome for gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by tampants

I received the passion fruit one as a gift last Christmas and I have been using it consistently since then. It really is moisturizing, and I like that it lasts a couple hours. I actually almost always use it over Maybelline's Baby Lips in Cherry Me, and it looks awesome. It doesn't clump (it sort of fades off after a while) and it doesn't feel sticky. Just a nice shine and nice pink colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have tried this lip gloss in Mango and Raspberry, and I love that the shades add a tinted pop of fresh color to the lips. But what I liked most about these glosses were that they doubled as a moisturizing balm, something that has become essential for my dry lips. The gloss finish doesn't actually last very long, probably about 2 hours at most if you spend most of the wear time outdoors. But unlike most lip glosses or lip balms, this is one of the few that doesn't cause flaking or clumping for me. When it dries and the shine disappears, it just looks like clean lips again, and I just reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by eternalxluvv

I LOVE. this lip gloss. I have it in currant. Currant is like THE lipgloss for my lips. I've been wanting to try the other ones but I have super pigmented lips so it's just really hard to choose a color because it doesn't come out like the way the tube looks or when you swatch it on hand

It's super moisturizing which is great because I have really dry, flaky lips (esp. during winter). I actually wear lip balm and then this gloss. And it's soooo glossy. :]. And I love the fact that it isn't sticky and lasts a really long time. Overall, super love and I've never found a lipgloss that I like more. so I'll repurchase definitely!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I would say that I never knew that mine was grapefruit flavored before I checked out MUA.

I got this as a free tester from my latest Clinique purchase. My comment about this, I don't like it!

It is very sticky, stickier than a lip gloss (which I actually hate.. that's why I don't use lip gloss) and it doesn't leave my lips moisturized after using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this gloss! It's smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or too heavy. I like the shape of the tip and there is no weird taste to it. The colors have just the right amount of opacity. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by SeraphBriar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Mango and a mini-freebie in Currant. The applicator tip gets a little gummy sometimes, but the shades are sheer and flattering and wonderfully glossy without being sticky. I have to reapply after several hours, but it's lip gloss after all, and it doesn't taste funky. Clinique's Superbalm has made me a lip gloss convert.