Everyday Minerals Cypress Eye Shadow

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 5/12/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

A light, olivey golden green. A bit sheer rather than an intense solid pigment. Shimmery, but not obnoxiously so. A flattering color that I believe would look nice on most skin tones. A summer color, good to wear as a wash on the lid, looks bright without being over the top. I will give this a "yes" for repurchase even though i think the packaging looks cheap and ugly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the color but I don't like how it falls out of my brush and creates dark circles.

on 2/20/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sigh.
I really wish I could say I love this color :( I purchased this last year and honestly, I kind of hated it.
The color in its packaging is just gorgeous. It's a beautiful mix of olive green and golden, with both colors coming out in stunning luminosity when applied wet. Unfortunately, there's just something about this color's consistency that looks very weird on my skin. It looks fake, cheap, and unnatural (when applied wet). When applied dry, its color payoff is just too little for me to give it a good rating.

I ended up giving this to my friend and she loves it.

Not sure what I am in MAC shades but I'm tan and my friend is pale.

on 1/17/2010 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this color. I wear it all the time, especially when I wear my glasses instead of contacts. I can see this shade being flattering on a variety of skin tones and eye colors.

I'm glad I ordered the Mini because due to issues with the company, I don't think I would buy from them again. They are currently changing the formulas to their products, so even if you have ordered before, be sure to check the product.

on 1/3/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love Cypress so much! I wear it more than any other color. My winter coat happens to be the same color without the sparkle.

on 1/3/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lovely olive green shimmery colour. I was using this together with MAC Greensmoke, and I found out the colours are almost the same, except Greensmoke was a little darker. It was a nice combo.

It was so cheap too, I got the sample size, it was only $2.50 and I'm sure it will last me forever. I'm sold.

The only thing I don't like too much is the packaging, I'm one to drop little tiny things and being a loose powder does not go down so well. But considering it is only 2.50, I can't complain.

on 11/22/2009 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Cypress is a lovely green eyeshadow with bits of metallic gold in it, but no harsh glitter. It comes in loose form, which can be difficult to work with at times, but once you get used to it the payoff it wonderful. It is easy to blend and can be applied either sheerly (over bare lids) or built up to a more intense color (over primer or Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy). I will probably never run out of my little sample jar, but if I did I would definitely consider buying again.

on 8/22/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cyprus is one of those colors that will look good on anyone. It's a pearly grey-green that can be swept on lightly for a soft smokey look, applied wet to deepen the color and make the shimmer pop, or layered over darker shadows to create a custom color with lots of depth.

The shimmer is very finely milled, so it doesn't look glittery and childish. The color, although well pigmented, is toned down a lot, so your makeup look will never scream, "Look! I'm wearing green eyeshadow!" Unless they've changed the color since I last bought it, the pictures on the site are way more green than it is in person. I can't compare Cyprus to the other green shades because I don't own any of them, but from what I see on the site, I think this is the most neutral shade.

Btw, if you haven't bought from EM before, the sample sizes are extremely cheap ($2.50), but will last you forever. I don't think I'll ever have to rebuy, but will definitely be keeping Cyprus in my collection.

on 7/20/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Cypress is an amazing color, one of the few I wouldnt want to be without. It's a bronze olive w/ a golden shimmer. Nicely pigmented and a beautiful crease color. Stays on all day w/ UDPP.

on 6/24/2009 11:39:00 PM

Love on the lids. Beautiful green with gold shimmer. Excellent with Emerald in the crease.

If you want brighter, longer lasting colors check out Silk Naturals and Meow.

ETA: Product is good, but company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products