September 3, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Lemon Lip Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have become somewhat of a lip balm hoarder this past year. Though I am the woman that you will barely ever find without a lip moisturizer. I got to say that I love the packaging, hate the consistency. $7.50 for this tube is a little over the top. Luckily, BBW was having a sale, so the price came out to $5-6. You should wait for their buy two, get one free deals.

Now, for the balm itself. I love the scent of the lemon extract, as it is refreshing. However, the consistency is slick like oil on your lips. In the winter, it was a bit harder and easier to apply. Now, it's so watery that I find it easier to squeeze and dab on the lips.

I will use it up. I will not repurchase. I will buy C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm or the 2X shines in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am am one of those people that has a lip-balm/lip treatment in my pocket at all times (and a back-up in my car, my purse, my desk drawer at work, the list goes on...).

I have tried tons of lip products and this is one of the better ones out there. I first heard of it on MUA when I went looking for a dupe of the high-priced Fresh-Sugar lip treatment and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream was suggested as something that was similar but not necessarily a dupe. It's definitely NOT a dupe-biggest difference is that this is a creamy formula in a squeeze tube and Fresh-Sugar lip treatment is a solid, "lipstick" style product. On a side note, C.O. Bigelow does make a stick version of this which is an excellent product (but that's another review) and the stick version is closer to a Fresh-Sugar lips dupe than this is.

C.O Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream may not be a dupe for Fresh but it is an excellent product, in its own right. It has a thin, creamy texture, a light, lemon scent & taste, is not waxy, is long-wearing and does an excellent job of keeping my lips moist, plus it's very affordable (I think I paid around $3.50 US). It feels slick & a bit tacky to the touch, but doesn't feel sticky when applied to the lips. It does produce a bit of a shine so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is not for you. I don't love the packaging although the vintage look is cute, it's size is a bit cumbersome. I also am not a huge fan of squeeze tube types of lip treatments as they can be messy but as long as I pay attention when I squeeze some product out, a mess can be avoided. For me, this product performs so well that I can look past the packaging. It has quickly become my favorite lip treatment.

I am about to finish my 1st tube and I plan on buying more-1 for my purse, a spare for my car, another spare for the nightstand next to my bed, and the list goes on and on....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I've never written a review for this lip balm! This has been my HG lip balm since BBW started carrying c.o. bigelow. I've gone through countless tubes of this, at least 2 tubes a year. I always try to find a new HG because I can get bored with products, but I always go back to this lip balm. I love how smooth and creamy it feels on my lips. Keeps them nice and soft, and as long as I use this l/b I don't get any flakes. The smell and taste is very pleasant, a light sweet lemon. I prefer this over fresh's lemon sugar lip balm because it doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. The only downside is in the summer it can get too runny, but it is still useable. It goes back to it's original state once the temperature cools down. I use this 3-4x a day and the tube lasts me several months. I've also tried the stick form of this lip balm and prefer the texture of the one in the squeeze tube. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I like this as much as the My Favorite Night Balm, although the ingredients are obviously of the 2 are quite different, but other than the lemon scent I cannot feel any difference between the 2. My lip felt comfortable & plump,without the waxy feeling of the stick type of lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Dauntlless

I absolutely adore, adore, ADORE this lip balm!

It smells and tastes amazing! Not to sweet and not to sour, sort of like a lemon tart.

I love this lipbalm for any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

HG lip gloss. I only wear gloss or balm on my lips, but I MUST have some on at all times. The taste and smell of this product is phenomenal if you like lemons. I only switch to C.O tinted mentha lip glosses if I want a bit of color to go out. I have about 3 tubes of this for my car, purse, and work, and also a couple tubes of the lemon lip balm on my nightstand and makeup bag. I will always have these in stock and have a backup supply b/c that's how much I love them! Kinda pricey, but I get them at BBW and they almost always have some sort of lip gloss sale. It's soft and buttery and smooth. yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ichig021

I LOVE this lip cream. I'm not really big on lip glosses, lip balms... lip anything. Bought this on a whim and I fell in love instantly. The texture is creamy but liquid-like and doesn't give you crazy shine like a lip gloss which is a big plus for me! It is very hydrating and it stays on for quite a while. The lemon scent/flavor is not overpowering at all -- a very subtle scent that's pleasant and delicious! If and when the day comes that this product gets discontinued... I'd immediately run out to buy at least 10+ more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFINATE BUYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tastes sweet and lemony but not too artificial. Feels smooth and hydrating. Shiny, but not sticky or unnatural. Everything you want in a lip treatment. Seems expensive, but the tube lasts a long time and you can usually catch a two-for-one sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a sucker for anything lemon-related; a lemony scent is a sure-fire way for perking me up.
First off, the packaging is adorable. I love lip products in squeezy tubes! It ensures I can get every bit of product out, and the label on the yolk-yellow tube is so pretty.
As for the product, it's very moisturizing! It's one of three lip balms I use on my lips before I go to bed. I wouldn't call it a 'cream' per say, it's a little more watery than that, but nothing as thin a a serum. It spreads very evenly and the scent is out of this world. It's a sort of...lemon meringue pie scent? It's lemony, but there's a sweetness behind it. It's very comforting.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No