C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the C.O. Bigelow Lip Cream in Lemon. It costs $7.50 at Bath & Body Works. This has always been a much-loved product for the reason that its strong lemon scent is the best thing about it in my opinion. The product is kind of weird because itís like a liquid lip balm thatís packaged & shiny like a lip gloss. Itís creamy & not sticky, making this like a balm more than anything. The only thing I dislike about this is that it is moisturizing, but only for a little while. It just isnít long-lasting & I donít like having to stop & touch-up or reapply it throughout the day. Regardless, itís a nice product to have since I can wear it over lipstick or alone. I recommend Lemon Lip Cream!

on 11/2/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

smells weird, does not last long on lips and isnt even moisturizing :(

on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am am one of those people that has a lip-balm/lip treatment in my pocket at all times (and a back-up in my car, my purse, my desk drawer at work, the list goes on...).

I have tried tons of lip products and this is one of the better ones out there. I first heard of it on MUA when I went looking for a dupe of the high-priced Fresh-Sugar lip treatment and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream was suggested as something that was similar but not necessarily a dupe. It's definitely NOT a dupe-biggest difference is that this is a creamy formula in a squeeze tube and Fresh-Sugar lip treatment is a solid, "lipstick" style product. On a side note, C.O. Bigelow does make a stick version of this which is an excellent product (but that's another review) and the stick version is closer to a Fresh-Sugar lips dupe than this is.

C.O Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream may not be a dupe for Fresh but it is an excellent product, in its own right. It has a thin, creamy texture, a light, lemon scent & taste, is not waxy, is long-wearing and does an excellent job of keeping my lips moist, plus it's very affordable (I think I paid around $3.50 US). It feels slick & a bit tacky to the touch, but doesn't feel sticky when applied to the lips. It does produce a bit of a shine so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is not for you. I don't love the packaging although the vintage look is cute, it's size is a bit cumbersome. I also am not a huge fan of squeeze tube types of lip treatments as they can be messy but as long as I pay attention when I squeeze some product out, a mess can be avoided. For me, this product performs so well that I can look past the packaging. It has quickly become my favorite lip treatment.

I am about to finish my 1st tube and I plan on buying more-1 for my purse, a spare for my car, another spare for the nightstand next to my bed, and the list goes on and on....

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I've never written a review for this lip balm! This has been my HG lip balm since BBW started carrying c.o. bigelow. I've gone through countless tubes of this, at least 2 tubes a year. I always try to find a new HG because I can get bored with products, but I always go back to this lip balm. I love how smooth and creamy it feels on my lips. Keeps them nice and soft, and as long as I use this l/b I don't get any flakes. The smell and taste is very pleasant, a light sweet lemon. I prefer this over fresh's lemon sugar lip balm because it doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. The only downside is in the summer it can get too runny, but it is still useable. It goes back to it's original state once the temperature cools down. I use this 3-4x a day and the tube lasts me several months. I've also tried the stick form of this lip balm and prefer the texture of the one in the squeeze tube. Highly recommend!!

on 2/7/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this as much as the My Favorite Night Balm, although the ingredients are obviously of the 2 are quite different, but other than the lemon scent I cannot feel any difference between the 2. My lip felt comfortable & plump,without the waxy feeling of the stick type of lip balm.

on 11/22/2012 10:15:00 PM

I absolutely adore, adore, ADORE this lip balm!

It smells and tastes amazing! Not to sweet and not to sour, sort of like a lemon tart.

I love this lipbalm for any day!

on 8/22/2012 7:58:00 PM

HG lip gloss. I only wear gloss or balm on my lips, but I MUST have some on at all times. The taste and smell of this product is phenomenal if you like lemons. I only switch to C.O tinted mentha lip glosses if I want a bit of color to go out. I have about 3 tubes of this for my car, purse, and work, and also a couple tubes of the lemon lip balm on my nightstand and makeup bag. I will always have these in stock and have a backup supply b/c that's how much I love them! Kinda pricey, but I get them at BBW and they almost always have some sort of lip gloss sale. It's soft and buttery and smooth. yum!

on 3/15/2012 6:43:00 PM

I LOVE this lip cream. I'm not really big on lip glosses, lip balms... lip anything. Bought this on a whim and I fell in love instantly. The texture is creamy but liquid-like and doesn't give you crazy shine like a lip gloss which is a big plus for me! It is very hydrating and it stays on for quite a while. The lemon scent/flavor is not overpowering at all -- a very subtle scent that's pleasant and delicious! If and when the day comes that this product gets discontinued... I'd immediately run out to buy at least 10+ more!!

on 3/6/2012 9:38:00 PM

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFINATE BUYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Tastes sweet and lemony but not too artificial. Feels smooth and hydrating. Shiny, but not sticky or unnatural. Everything you want in a lip treatment. Seems expensive, but the tube lasts a long time and you can usually catch a two-for-one sale.

Popular Lip Treatments