Coty Sweet Darling by Kylie Minogue

3.3

on 2/8/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Loved this fragrance and still do! Wished it was still available. Very pretty and easily wearable fragrance with a flower and vanilla bean sent! Gorgeous but classic shaped bottle with black lid and light pink liquid. Perfect! I know people don't like her fragrances but I think Kylie Minogue's are the best celebrity sents!

on 7/15/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was given this as a present and initially didn't like it. I kept it in a drawer for a year or so and pulled it out when my other perfume ran out. When you first spray it on, it's a really strong scent and that's what I didn't like. But please, give this product a good 10 seconds to dissipate and smell it again. It smells very girly and nice. It also lasts well and holds up throughout the day.

I've never gotten so many compliments from wearing a perfume as I have with this one.

on 3/18/2011 4:58:00 AM

I am so astounded by the negative reviews of this product! I bought Sweet Darling after smelling it on a friend and thinking it was amazing, and I've never gotten anything but compliments on it (besides from my 65 year old mum, who said that the fragrance is much too sweet).

Something about this perfume reminds me of very sweet pears. It has their rich fruitiness, mixed up with a lot of other elements. It's a great fragrance that is inexpensive, and when I found out that it is limited edition I was pretty sad. I've been buying multiple bottles at once! It's one of my favourite perfumes.

on 3/20/2010 5:36:00 PM

This smells of very sweet burnt plastic to me, quite unpleasant. It also reminds me of engine oil - I think that must be the passionfruit. I'm not getting any vanilla, unfortunately.

I have Fantasy and find this way sweeter and less interesting.

I don't like it and regret buying it. At least it was in the bargain bin and you should be able to find it heavily discounted.

After loving the kylie minogue darling, i couldn't resist buying this one. However the smell is a bit to sweet for me reminds of britney spears fantasy. Too sweet!
Wouldn't buy again!

xx

on 12/31/2009 8:29:00 PM

So I was given this as a birthday present, it's not something I would ever pick out myself. I'm not keen on the whole celebrity fragrances culture, I prefer to get perfumes from reputable fragrance houses (Versace, Gucci, Calvin Klein, D&G, YSL etc.) as I find they last better, smell better and aren't owned by every teenage girl on every street corner. So, on to the fragrance, it's SO sweet. We're talking sugar coated marshmallows rolled in chocolate sweet. When I put it on I always imagine I smell 'sugar sweet' which to be honest, I'm not that keen on. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, this is a scent that lasts for aaaaages. Sooo long. The whole day. Which means you have to have the perhaps sickly sweetness next to you all day. I guess you could say this smells like sugar and vanilla. That's all I could pick out at least. Also, the bottle is kind of lame. I like perfumes to have cute bottles (another reason to get high end perfumes), and this really doesn't. Anyway, ramble over, this perfume is overall VERY sweet, so if you like that, go ahead and buy it. Would be great for a young teen, but if you're over the age of about 15, don't even bother, far far too sweet. Sorry Kylie :(

This is quite a sweet and pretty fragrance that reminds me a little of Angel, as other reviewers have noted. However I like it a bit more than Angel as it is less harsh smelling in the patchouli note. Having said that though, I smell no flowers at all in Sweet Darling. On me, I get the cotton candy sweetness along with the patchouli and vanilla. It lasts reasonably well and has a pretty frosted mauve bottle. If you don't like sweet fragrances you'll hate this and if you're an Angel hater you probably won't like this either. Although it's nice, I won't be re-purchasing as there are plenty of other fragrances out there that are much better - I would have given it a 3.5 if I could have.

on 6/2/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I completely regret buying this perfume. The smell, which in the beginning smelled wonderful, now smells just tacky and terrible. It took like a week, and then I was sick of it (I'm usually NOT like that). The lasting power is also NON-EXISTENT - within one hour I simply can't smell it anymore. Not a trace! I'll never, never, NEVER repurchase.

on 2/27/2009 9:19:00 AM

This is a really lovely fragrance, sweet but not too cloying. It does remind me a little of Angel, but only a little. I am happy with how long this lasts too. I spray this on me in a morning and can still smell this on me when I get home from work. I am no good at describing fragrance notes, the other reviewers have done a good job of that. Normally I change my fragrances when I get to the bottom of a bottle, but this one I just might replace. I dropped my bottle on the floor and now it doesn't spray so I can't use the rest of this up. I was really sad to break this, and I have never felt this way about a fragrance before! continued >>

on 6/24/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I own loads of perfume...this is one of my top five. Infact at the moment i can't get enough of it! [with that and Black xs] A lovely fun sweet scent.
Better than most of the vanilla perfumes i know and yes it does remind me of Angel for sure. A mega rave from me. Well done Kylie. :)

Popular Fragrances