July 30, 2014 | 2099 users online

Skincare - Face - Weleda - Rose Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use the Wild Rose cleansing lotion, along with the day (this review) and night creams and am super pleased. I mix this with a little Dr. H bronzing serum and it sinks right into my (previously) oily skin, leaving it soft and dewy. No breakouts, seems to calm the occasional hormonal blemish, has reduced redness and irritation. Even with sunscreen over top it never feels heavy. Plus, you need such a very little that it's exceedingly cost-effective. From a sensory-experience perspective, I prefer the night cream -- the day cream is considerably dribblier. But it really is the perfect day-wear consistency. The smell is bliss in a teeny aluminum tube. Loves it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by talibear

Review for the night cream version!
This lotion is THICK. But instead of being like a nice creamy moisturizer, it's thick like a paste instead. It smells very strongly of old roses (I know, I know, it's called that, but the scent is pretty overbearing and not pleasant IMO), and as far as I can tell, the scent does not dissipate quickly.

My skin definitely did not feel more moisturized after, and certainly wouldn't consider it hydrating enough to be called a night cream.

I *do* love that it's natural, but the consistency and smell really don't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 8:07:00 AM More reviews by pactdancw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and have had no ill reactions to the formula. I only use this in the morning as I prefer a thicker creme for night. I use this alone or under makeup. My skin loves it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Sklisa

I use the complete wild rose line of weleda.

The wild rose day cream is rich and creamy, and does absorb after a few seconds, leaving a mat finish for make-up.

I don't like the Night cream though,it's drying and a bit itching, strange enough, it's not even as moisturing as the day cream!

The eye cream is nice, absorbs very quickly!
and the wild rose oil capsule is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lelam7

I purchased Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream, and I'm very dissatisfied with it. Very heavy and greasy, even for my dry skin! The product did not absorb into my skin and it feels very greasy, also I'm not too satisfied with the smell either. I have a feeling it will make me breakout so I will stop using it. I would not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ingad

Rose moisture cream literally burn my skin- irritation was very bad!!! Thanks God for Dr.Hauscha’ s moisture mask( which is truly “calms “ the skin) and simple castor oil(helps with inflammation), because my face was truly purple. Carefully if you have sensitive skin!!!!!! Maybe it was peppermint- it is a very strong irritant, so are Bergamot and Grapefruit, Yland ylang . I have no clue what really happened and I only hope nobody else has similar experience. I tried all Weleda’s face creams(I like Iris line) with no irritation…
Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Peach (Prunus persica) Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Alcohol, Musk Rose (Rosa moschata) Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Lysolecithin, Glyceryl stearate SE, Orpine (Sedum purpureum) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Extract, Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) Extract, Fragrance: natural essential oils (Bergamot (Bergaptin free), Clove, Geranium, Grapefruit, Guaiac wood, Jasmin, Lavender, Neroli, Petitgrain, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Tema

Excellent natural cream for combo-oily skin. It smells like heaven and in a couple of days the oily skin becomes totally balanced, and the pores just disappear. It´s little bit too drying for me in some areas of the face, because of the high content in alcohol, so I mix a pea size amount of the cream with 2 drops of rosehip oil and I get a perfect moisturiser for the cheeks area. In the winter I use more rosehip oil mixed with the cream. It´s the perfect all-weather cream for me, because mixing it with any oil when it´s cold or using it alone in oily skin spots makes it the most versatile cream ever! It´s also 100% natural, not tested in animals, and have the essencial oil of 18 roses per tube, and is so cheap!!!
Weleda has just launched a new Wild Rose facial range, so this cream, wich is their classic Rose Cream, may be discontinued! I hope not, but I just bought four tubes, just in case!