September 23, 2014 | 1083 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Color Fever Shine - Old Flame

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Kooliebyrdz

I would describe this as a low maintenance lipstick since I use this like a lip balm and with out a mirror because of how neutral this color is. This is a my lips but better lipstick on my lips. It is a neutral mauvey pink with slight brown undertone.No sparkles or glitter-makes my lips shine like I have lip gloss on. In the tube it looks much darker- almost a brownish red color. It glides on like butter and has a very smooth texture. It reminds me of cover girl nature luxe gloss balm but better since this is unscented and has a much smoother texture. It also keeps my lips from being chapped and it matches all my make up looks since it is so neutral. The packaging is plain black tube and I received this from a GWP. Because of how moisturizing this lipstick is, it does not last long on my lips. It last on average 3 hours with out drinking or eating. The color fades away gradually and is barely noticeable. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out. I am an NC 25 in mac foundation and have dark brown hair - for reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP. This lipstick glides right on and never dries out. The color is a neutral brownish mauve with a bit of sheen and absolutely no shimmer. Very natural looking for those with a tan or olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sofatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick. This shade looks fantastic on me. It's good for going out without looking too made up. I wear it on top of a lip balm which makes it glide on even smoother and easier. Stays on well. I'm generally not even a big lipstick person but this one just might change my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by PRETTYV

My favorite lipstick! MLBB bc my lips are so pigmented and thisevens out and brightens the pink tones in my lips rather than the nude/caramel like other MLBB lipsticks (like Clinique Tenderheart). This is a good formula too, more like a balm so this is great for the days when you are running out the door and don't want a made up face, just natural beauty. I bought the tube and the packaging is very sturdy and pretty, mirrored tube with pink . It lasts forever but I would definitely repurchase or wait for a gwp that offers this color bc it's a must have for me and I have alot of lpstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I generally like this lipstick. The colour is very wearable for me, although it is sheer an re applying after a while is nescesary. It is moisturising which is a nice bonus, no need to put on lipbalm before hand. It's like a sheerer version of YSL Rouge Volupte #20. It's good and it works, but somehow it does'nt excite me. I love how make up can sometimes make me feel luxurious and special, and this lipstick just makes me feel average. On the plus side I can put this on with no problems when I'm having a bad day or am not feeling like I want to work on my face that day. It's quick, no need for liner.
Overall I do like but don't love.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this lipstick in a Lancome free gift w/ purchase, i'm about an NC40 with very pigmented lips and cuz i thought it looked too dark and brown the 1st time i opened it, i wasn't too crazy about using it, but after swatching it i found it quite sheer and quite pink, it looked rosy pink on my hand, but on my lips it was sooo natural the whole "my lips but better" w/ a verryy slight hint of lavender IMO and the texture was quite like a perfect gloss/thick lipbalm, i'm not quite sure about the lasting power, cuz i dnt think much about that stuff. but i wouldn't repurchase it just cuz i feel like i cud get the same affect if i were to mix my lipbalm and a rosy colored gloss together

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this! This is a MUST for any neutral or cool tones! Do not go by the color square on the website....I have no idea why they chose that color because it is no where near what Old Flame looks like. I second just about everything the poster Rachel mentioned below. This color is so nice and does not have any shimmer, sparkle, or glitter it in yet it has a nice sheen to it and isn't goopy or sticky....it is everything a lipstick should be IMO. The color is smooth and doesn't settle into creases and overall, lasts OK...definitely not long wearing yet doesn't come off right away either. I'm a PPP neutral/cool with dark brunette hair and this color is great for me. Many times I saw this at the display counter but would not try it on because it looked so dry in the tube...well, that is because of all the alcohol they use to wipe down the testers! I ended up purchasing a little kit Lancome had and in the kit was this lipstick and WOW, I couldn't believe how smooth it is because judging on what the tester looked like at the counter, I didn't want to go near it because it looked too dry but that is not the case. This is now a go-to color for me and I really love the formula and can't wait to check out other shades in this line. Will be back for more, possibly for a 2nd tube right away to have a back up in my purse and one at home. UPDATE: I did go in and get a 2nd tube because this lipstick is one word: FABULOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by priyaj1

I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Estee Lauder Crystal Rose which has been discontinued - which was all about hydration and natural looking lips, and I beleive I have found the answer in this one. The amazing thing is that I expected this one because it is a hybrid lipglosss/ lipstick to slide off my lips, it some how stays put through coffee and a croissant.

Nice natural rosy color - the way I'd like my real lips to be

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Totally agree with Rachel1234. Great neutral lipcolour. EDIT: Gave me chapped lips whenever I wore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Old Flame is a rosy, Your-Lips-But-Better color. Very similar to NARS Dolce Vita. It's a beautiful, soft, gentle color - No sparkles or glitter. The texture is smooth and slick (feels like a lipstick-lipgloss hybrid, which it is), and the feeling on the lips is moist and comfortable. Kept my lips soft and hydrated for hours and faded gradually, although it was a little hard to tell because Old Flame is such a YLBB color in the first place. This color is really lovely and natural and I would definitely purchase again. By the way, it looks much darker in the tube than it does on your lips, so don't be scared off by how dark it looks in the tube - it goes on sheer and rosy. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No