October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Hot Tools - Curling Iron Spring Grip

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype around the brand Hot tool. This curling iron pulls the hair. It is not smooth to use. I bought another one from Mat & Max and what a difference! I'm giving this away I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far the best curling iron I have ever tried and have had mine now for well over 5 years. I used to use Revlon and Conair, as well as a few other brands before. I will never go back.

This thing gets the job done quick and is very reliable. This one is in the large barrel and I love the large curls it gives. It's easy to clean and looks great with the gold finish. I have saved money as well by putting out a little more on this and not having to buy new ones every year due to failure of the tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kelsey1219

Quite simply the perfect curling iron for my thick, wavy hair. The 1" barrel heats quickly and evenly and creates smooth, natural curls that last all day. It also came with extra springs, to ensure a tight clamp every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

This is the only curling iron that actually curls my hair, and makes my curls last all day! Wish I had this in high school.. Heats up very fast, not heavy, the cord is nice too because it swivels around makes it easier to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the gold series large barrel curling iron. Well it does get hot but it leaves a crease in your curl. Also, I have only had this for 6 months and now the leaver that opens the barrel has become very stiff and creaky and it sticks!! This is supposed to be a 'professional' curling iron. Hardly... I remember I had a flat iron from them that a couple years ago that broke within the first year too. I would never buy a product from this company again, sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by samanthacanuso

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the GOLD hot tools curling irons. At the risk of dating myself, I have used these curling irons since the late 80's (eek!) and would never use another brand. Hot Tools irons are perfect. They are lightweight, heat evenly, have a strong cord that is super long and durable and get super hot for my thick, curly red hair. They are quality, durable tools that no home or professional stylist should be without. I currently have the 1" , 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" irons and am looking into a tapered iron. One of them I have had for over 10 years!

One caveat is that I recently purchased the Hot Tools Tourmaline (purple) wands. Have to admit I was not that crazy about them and returned them almost immediately...espcially after reading how many others had issues with the purple coating peeling off after only a few uses.

So my advice is why mess with a good thing? Go for the GOLD and you can't lose!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this curling iron! I have the 1 inch and it works perfectly on my hair. I would say I have medium/almost coarse wavy hair, and this curling iron works wonders. I use the clamp and I also just wrap my hair around the barrel so my curls look more natural.
The curls hold the whole day and even when I wake up the next morning.
I definitely recommend this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Les281

I really like these curlers. I have 1" and 1 1/2" and i like to use them by wrapping my hair around the barrel and not using the spring. I like a more messy curl then a perfect curl. I have naturally curly hair so i only use this on second day straight hair so the curl holds better. these are great and affordable

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a background, I have super straight, coarse, Asian hair that has never, ever held a curl.
After no success with the Remington wand, I ordered this off of Amazon for about thirty bucks, versus the forty something I've been seeing in places like ULTA. I got the 1.5 inch one for loose waves.
I crank the heat all the way up to 430, and it seemed to heat up in about a minute or two. Not as fast as my CHI flat iron, but that gives you time to put heat protectant in your hair. I found the curls on my top layers relax into nice, loose waves, so this is not what you're looking for if you want curls. (In all fairness, your hair may hold a curl much better than mine.) On the bottom layers, however, I find a curl will not hold, even with hairsprays, Redken, and so on. I'm still trying various combinations with no luck. It IS the middle of summer and it's very humid here, plus I have stubborn hair, so maybe come winter I'll have better luck. However, if this thing dies I may try something else, CHI or maybe Babyliss, or maybe another Hot Tools the next size down. We'll see how cheap I'm feeling at the time.
The clamp is very tight and I pulled out a few hairs on the first try. With a screwdriver and following the instructions that came with the replacement springs, I took it off. I put the two lateral screws back in to re attach the kick stand, and now I have a curling wand, which I like much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I really adore this curling iron. I recently got this in 1 1/2" and the curls that it makes are sooo gorgeous! The iron itself is very aesthetically appealing with its gold barrel and sleek black handle. My only gripe with this is that I find it hard to curl the top of my hair the same amount as the ends. Like no matter how long I leave it, the curls at the top fall flat. Other than that, I love using this to curl my ends for days when I put my hair up.