Hot Tools Curling Iron Spring Grip

4.1

on 1/18/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not surprised of the high rating here as I know that you get fantastic curls with this one BUT it burns your hair. Your hair is in direct contact with metal. A coat of ceramic lessens the damage on your hair. That is why I am opposing any gold plated or iron plates barrels as these are very damaging and should be taken out of the market. Hot Tools is a great brand but buy the ceramic coated ones not these.

on 12/11/2014 8:36:00 PM

Super disappointed with this curling iron.
I have smooth, thick dark hair and i was just looking to get some curl/wave.
It does work, however, my hair was so dry right after i used it ,and even worse the day after.
Not sure if it's the type of barrel, but i am almost positive there are better curling irons out there. Skip this one!

on 8/25/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't get the hype around the brand Hot tool. This curling iron pulls the hair. It is not smooth to use. I bought another one from Mat & Max and what a difference! I'm giving this away I hate it.

on 3/25/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far the best curling iron I have ever tried and have had mine now for well over 5 years. I used to use Revlon and Conair, as well as a few other brands before. I will never go back.

This thing gets the job done quick and is very reliable. This one is in the large barrel and I love the large curls it gives. It's easy to clean and looks great with the gold finish. I have saved money as well by putting out a little more on this and not having to buy new ones every year due to failure of the tool.

on 3/15/2014 11:18:00 AM

Quite simply the perfect curling iron for my thick, wavy hair. The 1" barrel heats quickly and evenly and creates smooth, natural curls that last all day. It also came with extra springs, to ensure a tight clamp every time.

on 1/26/2014 11:42:00 AM

This is the only curling iron that actually curls my hair, and makes my curls last all day! Wish I had this in high school.. Heats up very fast, not heavy, the cord is nice too because it swivels around makes it easier to use.

on 11/18/2013 2:36:00 PM

This is for the gold series large barrel curling iron. Well it does get hot but it leaves a crease in your curl. Also, I have only had this for 6 months and now the leaver that opens the barrel has become very stiff and creaky and it sticks!! This is supposed to be a 'professional' curling iron. Hardly... I remember I had a flat iron from them that a couple years ago that broke within the first year too. I would never buy a product from this company again, sorry.

I love, love, love the GOLD hot tools curling irons. At the risk of dating myself, I have used these curling irons since the late 80's (eek!) and would never use another brand. Hot Tools irons are perfect. They are lightweight, heat evenly, have a strong cord that is super long and durable and get super hot for my thick, curly red hair. They are quality, durable tools that no home or professional stylist should be without. I currently have the 1" , 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" irons and am looking into a tapered iron. One of them I have had for over 10 years!

One caveat is that I recently purchased the Hot Tools Tourmaline (purple) wands. Have to admit I was not that crazy about them and returned them almost immediately...espcially after reading how many others had issues with the purple coating peeling off after only a few uses.

So my advice is why mess with a good thing? Go for the GOLD and you can't lose!!!

on 7/16/2013 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this curling iron! I have the 1 inch and it works perfectly on my hair. I would say I have medium/almost coarse wavy hair, and this curling iron works wonders. I use the clamp and I also just wrap my hair around the barrel so my curls look more natural.
The curls hold the whole day and even when I wake up the next morning.
I definitely recommend this product! :)

on 8/12/2012 11:00:00 PM

I really like these curlers. I have 1" and 1 1/2" and i like to use them by wrapping my hair around the barrel and not using the spring. I like a more messy curl then a perfect curl. I have naturally curly hair so i only use this on second day straight hair so the curl holds better. these are great and affordable

Top Rated Hot Tools Products