July 22, 2014 | 1372 users online

Pressed Powders - Givenchy - Prismissime Poudre Compact - 9 Coleurs

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this powder/bronzer in 34 Sunset. The reviewer before me described it in all detail so I will just concentrate on my experience with it. I purchased this as a face powder with something extra in it - the wee shimmery particles. I love this! It gives you a healthy glow, though if you are pale, don't put too much on. But then again, if you are pale, you will probably go for the other colour variety of this :) This shimmer it provides is very subtle, almost too subtle I would say, compared to Chanel Peche powder for example. It has a slightly strong smell when in the box but you will hardly smell it once applied. I am almost certain I will repurchase although a little goes a very long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very small and portable, gorgeous little powder compact. It's described on Sephora as "skin fusion" because it makes skin look so radiant! It contains multi-colored sheer, slightly shimmery pressed highlighting powder squares in 9 different shades: ivory with shimmer, soft apricot with shimmer, shimmering yellow gold, soft peach with shimmer, shimmering champagne gold, soft pink with shimmer, shimmering true gold, soft semi-matte rose, and pale semi-matte pink. It also comes with a very nice little brush underneath (the powder layer pops up). By sweeping a brush (I actually prefer to use a regular powder brush) over the entire compact, the colors blend together for a fabulous, subtle, flattering glow...under brows, on cheekbones, on collarbones, etc. It's a portable rendition of Guerlain's Beige Les Meterorites, though these colors may be even more flattering. The yellows and golds really tone down redness (especially after a glass of wine at dinner). I prefer this for evening, but the shimmers are subtle enough that it's not too much for daytime use, either. UPDATE: I have had this for over a year and it barely looks used, but just ordered a backup in case I can't find it again...I love it that much!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No