Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought the spectro gel cleanser for combination skin and after using it for a week I broke out horrendously. I found out that the one I purchased had a clump of black mould in it and because I didn't keep my receipt I could only exchange for different bottle. So instead I got this blemish prone cleanser and in one use (with the moisturizer) it cleared away half of the acne cause by the black mould. Will repurchase!! 😍

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As unglamourous this product is, it does a great job at treating acne! I remember I got this when I just started getting pimples (which were really not that bad) and it worked fine. But I was young and ignorant and was adamant about getting a better smelling cleanser and it NEEDED to lather, so I did just that for about a year and a half.

Which brings me to now when I find out that sodium lauryl sulfates and sodium laureth sulfates are irritants to skin and my skin had started to get a little worse, so I dropped foaming cleansers and started using Spectro again.

First off, THIS IS NOT A MAKEUP REMOVING PRODUCT! I saw people complaining that this was a complete waste of money because it didn't remove their makeup, but this doesn't have natural oils or sulfates, so it doesn't lather and remove makeup, OKAY!? Second, it's non- comedogenic and fragrance free. Hallelujah. That is one of my biggest pet peeves is finding a cleanser then realizing that it's not fragrance free and non- comedogenic (not as much though) so I'm happy. Third, it's great for sensitive skin and you get what you pay for.

Totally recommend for oily to acne- prone skin!

on 7/2/2015 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this stuff. Been using it for upwards of 10 years, and I plan to continue using it.

Pros: (I apply a thin layer to my skin, massage it in, then wash if off)
> Gentle
> Fragrance it subtle
> does not irritate my skin
> no residue left, no dry/tight feeling
> easy to apply and remove

Cons:
1) does not remove makeup (as mentioned on packaging)
2) there is a subtle fragrance (though it claims fragrance free)

Just to add a bit more, I do not often wear makeup, so I do not require a cleanser to strip away a lot of other product.

on 5/23/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser sucks. Its marketed as a cleanser but does not clean what so ever (or to any extent that I notice).
After I use this, when I use a cotton pad with toner afterwards, a bunch of residue foundation, concealer and eyeliner can still be found on my face. This may be due to the fact that it is a gentler cleanser and probably not meant to wash off a face of makeup (but even so, I had already used makeup remover to remove a good 80% of the products on my face and this cleanser was not able to take off the remaining 20%).
I have heard many good things about Spectro so I was excited to try it, but it ended up being a big disappointment.
Will not be repurchasing.

I love this cleanser. I always thought a cleanser that tingled the skin and smelt amazing was a good cleanser, but how wrong was I. I started using the Cetaphil cleanser as recommended by a dermatologist, but I felt like it wasn't doing anything, so I moved onto those tingly, perfuming ones, and lets just say they messed up my skin. I wanted a new cleanser that was fragrance free and gentle, and I remember couple of my friends using Spectro a couple years back. So I purchased it, and have been using it for over a year and a half, the longest time period I have ever used a cleanser. I first wet a cotton pad slightly with water and put a pump of this cleanser on and remove my face makeup(which isn't very much), and then I follow with using my Clarisonic and the Spectro. I think I have gone through two small ones and three big ones. I very much prefer the Spectro over the Cetaphil due to the ingredients being less harsh. It doesn't clog my pores, or leave my skin red and itchy and tight. I honestly love this cleanser, and I admit I am afraid to try a new cleanser because my skin is doing so well with this one. Try it out, it defiantly won't hurt your skin, or your wallet.

on 3/8/2015 4:16:00 PM

This product is near perfect for me. It cleans my face without compromising my moisture barrier or causing breakouts on my skin, and instead, it does the exact opposite! It leaves my face feeling hydrated and I have noticed crazy improvements on the amount of blemishes and redness on my face. It doesn't remove makeup, which is not a problem for me as it wasn't even initially made to remove makeup. Its use is for getting rid of oil and dirt and leaving your skin clean, and it does a great job at that. HOWEVER it is only NEAR perfect for me because the problem I have with it is the smell. It has a pretty strong scent of alcohol (I have the one thats fragrance free too). Because of this, I thought it would be very drying and would cause a lot of redness but I decided to give it a try anyway since my friend recommended it so highly and im really glad I did! The strong alcohol scent doesn't cause anything on my skin. The only thing I hate about it is the displeasure of having to smell it every time I use it to wash my face. But I guess i can just breathe out of my mouth instead of inhaling it through my nose when I do lol!

Overall, great product and it's a fantastic price for the amount you get. I would highly recommend!

on 2/21/2015 10:46:00 PM

This stuff smells awful and does absolutely NOTHING, I still get break outs, it was a waste of money, and it does nothing for my skin. Don't buy into the dermatologist recommended crap

on 2/15/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product when my local target had a closing sale . I had acne prone skin in my teens which had greatly cleared up until I had an allergic reaction to a certain product which left little bumps on my right cheek. After reading all the great reviews about this product I thought I'd try it out and it might even fix my acne. However after starting to use this I find myself growing the odd pimple every day . I didn't believe this would be the culprit until I stopped using all skincare except for a simple Vaseline and the Spector jel. I have been using Vaseline for a long time and it never broke me out however when I stopped everything I still got breakouts. It was the Spectro that was causing it ! I now went from a smooth face to a face full. Of acne thanks to spectro.

on 2/5/2015 9:44:00 PM

Decent cleanser. Doesn't remove makeup so don't expect it to! I use a micellar water cleanser to remove makeup, then use this stuff. I also use it with my powdered rice exfoliant (SHE Red Rice) and it makes the best paste! Love that this stuff is pH balanced so it wont compromise your acid mantle!

on 1/15/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this on and off for almost twenty years, at the direction of a dermatologist when I was young and acne prone, and would recommend it to anyone. It is a no fuss cleanser that is gentle and does a great job cleaning your skin without any fancy pyrotechnics. I may stray to new products when I get bored, but this is always in my rotation and is like a reliable old friend you know will show up and get the job done. Warning for those who love foaming cleansers: this is a gel that does not foam.