Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

I love this cleanser. I always thought a cleanser that tingled the skin and smelt amazing was a good cleanser, but how wrong was I. I started using the Cetaphil cleanser as recommended by a dermatologist, but I felt like it wasn't doing anything, so I moved onto those tingly, perfuming ones, and lets just say they messed up my skin. I wanted a new cleanser that was fragrance free and gentle, and I remember couple of my friends using Spectro a couple years back. So I purchased it, and have been using it for over a year and a half, the longest time period I have ever used a cleanser. I first wet a cotton pad slightly with water and put a pump of this cleanser on and remove my face makeup(which isn't very much), and then I follow with using my Clarisonic and the Spectro. I think I have gone through two small ones and three big ones. I very much prefer the Spectro over the Cetaphil due to the ingredients being less harsh. It doesn't clog my pores, or leave my skin red and itchy and tight. I honestly love this cleanser, and I admit I am afraid to try a new cleanser because my skin is doing so well with this one. Try it out, it defiantly won't hurt your skin, or your wallet.

on 3/8/2015 4:16:00 PM

This product is near perfect for me. It cleans my face without compromising my moisture barrier or causing breakouts on my skin, and instead, it does the exact opposite! It leaves my face feeling hydrated and I have noticed crazy improvements on the amount of blemishes and redness on my face. It doesn't remove makeup, which is not a problem for me as it wasn't even initially made to remove makeup. Its use is for getting rid of oil and dirt and leaving your skin clean, and it does a great job at that. HOWEVER it is only NEAR perfect for me because the problem I have with it is the smell. It has a pretty strong scent of alcohol (I have the one thats fragrance free too). Because of this, I thought it would be very drying and would cause a lot of redness but I decided to give it a try anyway since my friend recommended it so highly and im really glad I did! The strong alcohol scent doesn't cause anything on my skin. The only thing I hate about it is the displeasure of having to smell it every time I use it to wash my face. But I guess i can just breathe out of my mouth instead of inhaling it through my nose when I do lol!

Overall, great product and it's a fantastic price for the amount you get. I would highly recommend!

on 2/21/2015 10:46:00 PM

This stuff smells awful and does absolutely NOTHING, I still get break outs, it was a waste of money, and it does nothing for my skin. Don't buy into the dermatologist recommended crap

on 2/15/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product when my local target had a closing sale . I had acne prone skin in my teens which had greatly cleared up until I had an allergic reaction to a certain product which left little bumps on my right cheek. After reading all the great reviews about this product I thought I'd try it out and it might even fix my acne. However after starting to use this I find myself growing the odd pimple every day . I didn't believe this would be the culprit until I stopped using all skincare except for a simple Vaseline and the Spector jel. I have been using Vaseline for a long time and it never broke me out however when I stopped everything I still got breakouts. It was the Spectro that was causing it ! I now went from a smooth face to a face full. Of acne thanks to spectro.

on 2/5/2015 9:44:00 PM

Decent cleanser. Doesn't remove makeup so don't expect it to! I use a micellar water cleanser to remove makeup, then use this stuff. I also use it with my powdered rice exfoliant (SHE Red Rice) and it makes the best paste! Love that this stuff is pH balanced so it wont compromise your acid mantle!

on 1/15/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this on and off for almost twenty years, at the direction of a dermatologist when I was young and acne prone, and would recommend it to anyone. It is a no fuss cleanser that is gentle and does a great job cleaning your skin without any fancy pyrotechnics. I may stray to new products when I get bored, but this is always in my rotation and is like a reliable old friend you know will show up and get the job done. Warning for those who love foaming cleansers: this is a gel that does not foam.

on 12/15/2014 3:42:00 AM

I've been using this for years. It's a much better alternative to that other liquidy "good for acne" cleanser out there. Spectro must be getting much more popular these days. The price has jumped up a bit since I started using it, and they've rebranded the bottles and the logos as well. Still the same good old product, although I will say I miss the smaller squeeze bottle that they've replaced with the mini pump bottle. I use this when I feel that my skin is getting irritated after my cleansing oil, or alone in the morning.

on 12/2/2014 6:58:00 PM

Amazing product, but it takes getting used to. This has been a staple in my house for over a decade and it works beautifully for certain uses. It doesn't dry my skin out, limits breakouts and reduces redness. I use it only in the morning, though, as it isn't effective at removing makeup.
It seems to work best for me if I follow the instructions and gently rub it for 30 seconds. If you're used to squeaky-clean cleansers, this might feel odd at first. It's a sort of creamy gel that doesn't lather and doesn't leave a squeaky finish. It feels different, but it really works for my sensitive, combo, very breakout-prone skin.
It's also one of the only things my baby's skin can tolerate. The typical J&J and Aveeno baby washes irritate him and many so-called gentle and natural baby products give him a rash. It's the only one I've found that doesn't dry out his skin or cause any irritation.
If only it removed makeup, it would be perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Update: i got desperate. the cleanser I had been using for a good few months left my skin dry ... very dry (Cliniderm gentle cleanser) and I still hadn't seen any improvements from the epiduo. So i scavenged around in my cupboard and found spectro. I still don't like smell, but it left my face feeling clean and NOT stripped, so i've been using it twice a day for the past 10 days. So far I like it. I'm pretty sure it's not contributing to breakouts. But i'll update again if something goes haywire...

2nd Update: MY HG!!!! have been through 3 bottles now!! Leaves my skin so soft and balanced (not drying at all). Cleanses pretty decent (I remove my makeup before I use this tho). I just love everything about this! No breakouts from it whatsoever!!!

---
I used to use this waaaay back in the day to clean my piercings - the price has gone up... A LOT. you used to be able to get a huge bottle for around $6!

Anywho, I only used this a few times before I called it quits. I repurchases it after all these years after reading all the positive reviews here. Im trying to get my acne under control and have been on epiduo for three months. I did have a breakout after using this product but i can't say it was directly caused by this as I switched up a few things in my routine. However, I won't ever give this another shot because the smell really bothered me!! It smelled like pure alcohol, which freaked me out considering my skin issues. I can't say if it removes makeup since I only used it in the morning. I think there are much better options out there for the (new) price.

on 9/17/2014 4:06:00 PM

This is the best face cleanser I have ever tried! It is perfect for sensitive, oily, combination and/or acne-prone skin. When I use this, it doesn't make my face red nor does it strip the moisture from my skin. It removes all dirt, oil and impurities so well and gently. However, I don't wear makeup so I don't know how well it removes makeup.