July 30, 2014 | 1206 users online

Treatments (Eye) - DermaLastyl-E Intensive Eye Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Dermalastyl-B, Bx and E for a couple of years but have decided to stop. I will tell you why in a moment...
Initially this gave me good results in terms of firmness and de-wrinkling. I don't know whether this was due to the advertised Elastatropin ingredient as I could find no published studies, or the Matrixyl 3000 that it also contains which does have research support.
Eventually though, I aged anyway! My skin started looking thinner and a bit saggy. I was losing tone. Ironically, the worst symptom was loss of elasticity and tone under the eye.
So for the first time I read the ingredients in fine detail, discovering with horror that all Dermalastyl products contain ARGIRELINE or Hexapeptide-8. This is a Botox-type paralyzing peptide designed to make your face muscles less active, to limit the formation of new wrinkles. However, it's a bad, BAD idea for a face cream to promote lax muscles because ultimately it can only lead to one thing - sag!
If you study 'before and after' photos of Argireline used under the eyes you will see that wrinkles do fade but only because they drop out - the skin literally falls under gravity because the muscles are no longer holding it up properly. NOT a good plan for the long haul!!! This chemical, after all, is DESIGNED to reduce muscle tone.
So as a quick fix this product may add value but I absolutely do not recommend any Argireline-containing product for regular use. There's a reason that Dermatologists don't inject Botox all over your face(!) but only in highly specific, carefully targeted spots.

UPDATE: I completely stopped using all Dermalastyl products, replacing them with similar peptide creams with no nerve inhibiting chemicals in them. In less than 4 weeks there's enough difference that I can notice it and friends have mentioned I'm looking younger. I will not be going back to Dermalastyl.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

Update: after a couple of weeks, the lines came right back. I have now managed to get rid of the lines completely using a combination of Skin Actives Bright-I in the pm and IS Clinical Youth Complex in the am.

I'll second this high review. I've been using the eye product for eight days on a rash of tiny wrinkles that appeared after a lower bleph (which wasn't necessary as the dark line it was supposed to reduce turned out to be due to use of a respirator during my glasswork). I've used a few products over the area, none of which have so far worked and most of which have contained peptides. Unless it's a trick of the light, my tiny lines seem significantly reduced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I've just ordered my 2nd jar of this. There is a noticable difference in my eyes when I don't use it. Darkness comes back and my eyes just don't have that awake, smooth look they have when I am using it. For $30/jar, its totally worth it as I haven't found anything that works as well on my dark circles.

A friend of mine got 2 jars of this in a 2fer and gave one to me. I never would have bought this on my own as it has one of the hexapeptides in it and I've had adverse reactions to this (specifically hex6), but I used it one night just to make her happy. To my amazement I woke up to tight, firm, plumped, moisturized, bright eyes. Shocking. So I continued to use it at night over my avene and to my amazement, my dark circles are almost gone, puffiness has been improved noticeably, and fine lines have been improved. I don't know which ingredient in this stuff has made the difference, but I am impressed. My bff also has noticed an improved tightness around her eyes, but didn't have problems with circles or puffies so can't comment. They call it a serum, but its actually a medium firm, white cream that comes in a .05oz plastic screw top jar (would definitely prefer pump) for $29. Only a tiny bit is needed. I've been using this for a month and I haven't even made a dent. It does have the no-fragrance scent to it....like wet cardboard, but it fades quickly. I would never put a hexapeptide all over my skin, but it seems to be OK in focused areas. I'll update if that changes.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) seed oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene glycol, Ethahexyl palmitate, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Cetyl alcohol Stearic acid, Dimethicone, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Myristyl myristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Macrocystis pyrifera extract (and) Hydrolyzed wheat protein (and) PVP (Skin Tightener ST) Acetyl hexapeptide-8, (Argireline), Butylene glycol (and) Polysorbate-20 (and) Palmitoyl oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 (Matrixyl 3000), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E) Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol (and) Chlorphenesin (and) Benzoic acid (and) Butylene glycol (and) Sorbic acid, Tropoelastin (Elastatropin),Selenmethionine (Prolisel), Fragrance