July 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Ready-To-Wear/Pret-a-Porter Dual Look Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sparklingemz104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i recieved this as a swap and i really like it. its the size of my PDA, so its perfect to throw it in my bag. there are plenty on colors in it for a functional 'made up' look, and for now im satisfied with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I snagged this at $27 or so at 40% off during the friends and family sale, and I absolutely LOVE this palette...it's one of the few palettes I own/ have seen where I absolutely adore all the colors in it (except of course the rest assured pencil...which is just an odd color for an eyeliner.) The lip colors are all sheer and add a gentle touch of color to my lips, both of the cheek colors look amazing on me when I apply them with my ecotools foundation brush, and the shadows are soft and easily blendable. The brushes that came with the kit are not the best, but they're still decent brushes...the all over shadow brush looks and feels more like a concealer brush, and the liner brush is a bit thicker than I would prefer it to be for lining, but they both work well enough with the palette. I also love that the palette comes with an instruction card to create two really great looks. I have not tried the mascara yet, but I will update my review with my impressions of the mascara when I do try it. As for now, I would say that I would rebuy this palette, though in all reality I won't be rebuying this as it is a limted edition and I have way more makeup than I can use up within the next 10 years...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MomColors

YUK!
(I am reviewing the Ready to Wear Brow Extension set.)

I was sucked into the awesome presentation on HSN. So dumb! This product is supposed to created a long wearing believable eyebrow by adding fibres to the end of your eyebrow or anywhere you want. It comes with the: sticky sealer or glue as I call it, the fibres and the remover.I paid $7 shipping for this junk. Cost is

WORST:
It's not easy to put on. It is marketed to be easy. Color applicator is terrible to work with.
The remover doesn't work.
The fibres/coloring don't go where you want them to.
The sticky sealer ruins the whole color effect. But you need it because it the fibres move or fall off if you don't use the sealer.

BEST:
30 day return policy :=)
This is a love it or hate product others might love it. But if you don't you end up paying shipping to your house and back. Is it worth it?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mrodwick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a get-through-airport-security-without-a- ziploc-baggie makeup solution, especially for evenings out while traveling - and this fits the bill perfectly. I am extremely fair and was worried the colors might be too dark, but they apply sheer and are buildable for more color. The eyeshadows are slightly shimmery, but not teenage sparkly/glittery as I've seen with so many other lesser quality palettes.

The included brushes are better quality than with other kits I've purchased and the way they attach to the outside of the case is genius. I swapped in a retractable lip liner brush in the spot that the eye liner pencil (which doesn't do much for me) was in so I don't wind up with a stained finger. (I use a small makeup sponge to apply the cream blush). If I pack this with stick foundation/concealer, an eyebrow pencil and pressed powder, I can truly leave my ziploc baggie behind and still be totally covered for any occasion while traveling!

This is by far the most happy I've been with a makeup palette!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly need to get this out again - I am shocked at the good reviews. I have been so disappointed in this palette. I LOVE the eyeshadows but the blushes are awful - and no mirror, not even a little one. Not crazy for the lipsticks either. But, after reading all the love here for this, I am gonna try it out again and see if I can make myself like it because it was not cheap. Wish me luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Veromusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love palettes. It's gotten to the point where I consider myself to be a highly discriminating consumer of designer cosmetics, yet any palette can cause me to look twice. And, I love to travel. I scrimp and save and book trips during the off-seasons just to see new places with old histories. So, when Tarte, already one of my favorite brands, came out with this New York Paris thing, I ran to my nearest Sephora and got it without testing or examining. I had the idea that since I am a New Yorker and I love Paris and try to go whenever circumstances allow, that maybe this palette would help other people to see that about me. Somehow the colors would evoke certain traits - glamour, cultivation, a European flair.... Anyway, I love most of the palette. I don't know if makeup can achieve what I mentioned above - maybe clothing is more efffective, but it certainly adds a little something to my routine.
The shadows were a little bit disappointing only because the lightest ones don't show up on my tan skin, and therefore the darkest ones are not dark enough to use as liners. But they are very pretty, soft, subtle colors. The blushes and glosses are highly pigmented, and in very flattering shades, at least to me. They are somewhat thick, but if you use warm fingers to dab them on that might help. I love that this palette comes with almost everything you need (the rest assured eyeliner doesn't make me look anything because you can't see it on me) but the mascara is great and the brushes actually work.
Even though there are some issues, I am glad I bought this because there is a LOT of makeup in a cool little package.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by prue28

This is a good palette from Tarte I love the size and colors you get with this. The palette comes with a mascara,liner and shadow brushes and a mini rest assured I have the full sized which is much better because you get the cream side as well which is the side I perfer for highlighting areas of my face.Now to the rest of the compact.
There is the New York side which has a shimmery gold,a light olive and a darker olivy eye shadow colors. A hard peachy cream blush that's not usable and 2 lip colors in a peachy orange and a berry colored. I love the shadows very pretty but powdery when appling so watch out for any fallout below your eyes. The paris side has a light shell, lilac and a dark lavendar colored shadows. Again a hard as a rock cream berry colored blush 2 lip colors in berry tones.I have to say I really only love this palette for the shadows. I have found the perfect purple tones for my blue eyes in this palette and The olives are a great match for them as well. That and the hard cream blushes are why I gave this palette 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MissLaura2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This kit is awesome. It has everything you need: mascara, eyeshadows (one set greens/beige, one set plums/pink), lipsticks (one set beige/peach, other pinks/reds), cream blushes (one peach, one pink), eye brightner, shadow and liner brushes. I love it all. The shadows are sooo silky and pigmented. Last long and wear gorgeous. The brushes are great quality, not the usual type brushes that kits give. These are great quality. I heard raves about the mascara and can see why- doesn't flake, true black shade.

I hope Tarte puts the cream blushes into the line, they are silky, smooth, and wear long. Very very creamy. Lipsticks are great too. I couldn't get over how creamy and soft they were. One of the best kits I've ever had and I've had a lot!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the new Tarte palette available at Sephora for $44. It comes with 6 eyeshadows, 2 cream blushes, 4 lipsticks, a mini Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara, 1 mini rest assured brightening eyeliner, 1 mini all over eyeshadow brush, and 1 mini flat eyeliner brush. What a great palette! The pret-a-porter (Paris) contains 3 shades of complementary violet hues (pale shimmery pink, medium taupey violet, and shimmery purple). the cream blush is a medium rose hue and the lipsticks are two shades of plummy rose. The Ready-to-Wear (New York) palette has 3 shades of moss (pale shimmery champagne/yellow, shimmery olive green, dark olive-brown shimmer). The cream blush is pale pink and the lip colors are pale beige and pink. The quality is great, packaging is super cute with magnetic flaps. Only downside: no mirror! Its very compact and light, about the size of a large PDA. The Rest Assured brightening eyeliner is nothing more than a glorified concealor-colored pencil but the brushes are nice, both are synthetic. The eyeshadow brush could be used as a concealor or foundation brush. The flat eyeliner brush is also good quality. Overall, I'm very pleased with the purchase!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No