April 18, 2014 | 1808 users online

Conditioner - rosemary oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this from amazon in a bottle with a dropper and I use it in hair/scalp masks with coconut and almond oil along with other essentials. People ask if my hair grew so I hope it's working! Also the hair masks have helped my hair in general :) The smell is very strong though. Over time I sort of stopped using it so idk if I'd buy it again but it was ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

I use it in almost any potion I whip .It has anti bacterial and anti aging properties .

1) I use a few drops to my Green tea ACV toner. It helps prolong the life and also gets rid of the ACV smell (Eww)

2) For hair - Its just amazing. I cant rave enough about how this changed my hair - A-M--A-Z-I-N-G !! I had something that looked like traction alopecia -two bald patches due to tight ponytails. After I realised that, I stopped tying my hair tightly and I was a lot more gentler to my hair. In addition to that, I massage rosemary water + water mixture to that area before I go to bed everyday. The smell is theraupetic and the bald patches are less obvious after a month. Rosemary is truly a great hair growth stimulator.

Also, it helped me keep dandruff at bay. I spray the same mixture into my scalp as a leave in treatment after I come out of shower.

Recipe (by farahdhukai) : Take a glass of boiling water and add 8-10 drops of rosemary oil to it. Allow it to cool down to room temperature and pour into a spray bottle . (She recommends this for brunettes).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Every Winter, without fail, my hair and scalp dry up into a frizzy and flaking mess, but by brushing my hair with a mixed boar bristle brush (flip head over, brush 3 minutes, flip upright, brush another 3 minutes) and mixing some rosemary oil with my shampoo my scalp rarely flakes and my hair is left shiny and almost frizz free. Will always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I combine this with jojoba oil or grapeseed oil and concentrate mostly on my scalp and ends. It smells very good and never makes my hair feel greasy or limp. It does a great job of controlling frizz for me and doesn't kill too much of the curl in my hair. It simply relaxes the curls I have and makes it look healthy and shiny. A few drops of this in a bath along with a couple of drops of eucalptus oil makes a good treatment when you have a cold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I put this oil into Grapeseed oil, Macadamia oil or a mix of the two oils for a hair treat before shampooing. As a weekend thing, I'll saturate my hair and scalp and leave in for an hour. Every morning a put a little on the top of my curly hair where it tends to be frizzy and then massage into my scalp. My scalp feels cleaner and I never get dandruff. I don't know if this makes my hair grow faster, because I just haven't been paying attention, but now I will! Also, studies with Rosemary scent on the central nervous system have shown that it makes you think more clearly and quickly, which is a great thing for the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use rosemary essential oil mixed with ordinary olive oil as a scalp massage, to treat dandruff.

Mix one teaspoon of the rosemary essential oil into a tablespoon of carrier oil (olive, almond, vegetable oil) and then apply it to the scalp (I apply it like a tint). Then put on a towel on your head and leave for an hour, or two, or overnight! Then wash your hair.

I've found this to be much more effective then any dandruff shampoo I've used (and I've tried a lot, in my time!). Plus you don't end up with horrible dried out hair...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love using this on my scalp and ends to repair damage and encourage hair growth. I had never used it until a few months ago..usually my hair grows at 1/4 inch per month..but it has grown an inch in the past two..It doesn't mean everyone will find the same results, but rosemary is meant to be a "hair stimulator".
I know rosemary is a pretty herbaceous smell but I love it... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is absolutely the best thing for conditioner that i have found. after washing your hair with my favorite shampoo of the time being... i just take a few drops and massage it into my damp hair. it always dries silky and soft. no greasiness - just make sure you only use a few drops... i have used this for years and years and recently i came back to it after trying about every other conditioner that i could get my hands on and this works the best... again... i don't know why i haven't been using it lately - except that i couldn't get to a store that had it...