October 24, 2014 | 1781 users online

Concealers - Maven - Tabula Rasa

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sternieberniebaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best concealer for any medium toned African American woman in my opinion. If you are dark-skinned I think it would be too light. But for me? WOW. I have a huge problem with finding things that match my skin tone. Add in the fact that my skin tone is constantly changing based on how much sun I've been getting and it is impossible.

Tabula Rasa is so awesomely customizable and covers like a dream. For my undereye circles I use my fingers and make it a tad lighter and for my hyperpigmentation spots I use a brush for heavier coverage. It is hands down the best stuff ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by prettychix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealor that I have ever tried. It had five colors green, lavender and three color shades for blending.

The woman at the store said it was developed for ethnic tones. I'm black and as most people know, we have a big spectrum. It is usually hard for me to find foudation/concealor b/c most brands only have a few darker shades. They don't match exactly and normally just seem off.

This is customizable. It is trick to get your shade at first. But once you find it, it is truly your shade. excellent stuff. I highly rec it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rocksiren

I read the reviews the other ladies posted here, and since it has been my ongoing quest to find a great concealer, I was skeptical. But I closed my eyes and purchased Tabula online, and it arrived yesterday. I have never been so happy about makeup. I was a little disappointed, when I opened it up I found the same 2 typical "orange" concealers (I was horrified to finally figure out that I didnt cover up my blemishes- only covered them with orange streaks that were very obvious!!!) but I started mixing them around. A little green, a little pink. And oh my lord, it blended absolutely perfectly. I LITERALLY had a FLAWLESS complexion, and NO orane spots! And it was very hot and humid, but this makeup stayed right in place. I went ahead and tried a little bit of the pink underneath my eyes- it realy helpedz!!!! I couldnt recommend it more....thank you MAVEN!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer wheel solved all my skin issues! Works great as a shadow base - no creasing or slipping, stays put on blemishes, literally erases undereye shadows without the dreaded white racoon look. Two neutrals - one more peach, the other more yellow, a pale lavender pin, a pale green, and a toasty tan shade blend in a million different ways to make your complexion flawless. Not drying, not oily, just an awesome product at any price. But at $16 or so, it's a complete steal! If you've ever wanted concealer but hadn't found the right shade, this is the one item you want!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2002 6:49:00 PM More reviews by glitterbug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never been able to find a concealer before that didn't look cakey, and I've been able to use this one year round because it's blendable. Has a nice fresh scent, stays on, and doesn't make me break out (miracle!). I sometimes use the brown shade as a bronzer, which works well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2002 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pathaniji

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It actually worked. And I love the color wheel idea. I don't have to buy a new concealer every summer because I can mix my own. It covered up the dark circles under my eyes and corrected the blemishes. I also liked that it lasted all day.