October 2, 2014 | 1489 users online

Lipstick - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Plump Perfect - Perfect Bare

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Perfect Ginger, not the Bare. I found what was probably a GWP in an outlet, the lipstick was in it. I usually stick with brownish pinks or pinks with a slight touch of coral. I was amazed at what this color did for me, I have dark hair and brown eyes with a lot of rust color in them. Color looks entirely different in the tube, (more brick-like) but I was amazed at how great it looked. It goes on much lighter than it appears, but it brightened my whole face. It has good staying power for a creamy lipstick, too. This was not a color I ever would have looked for, but it's made me a fan of coral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous bronzey golden rose with mauve undertones. Darker than you would expect but a glamourous nude pink that will never date nonetheless in classic Elizabeth Arden style.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by pslovetoshop

I LOOOOOOVE THIS COLOR!!! It's the perfect everyday color, I always have it in my purse. Its a beautiful goldy-pinky color. I absolutely LOVE this. This is my first EA lippy purchase and I will definately be going back to try some other colors. Its smooth, silky and long-lasting!! I definately agree with the other reviewers. EA is highly, highly under-rated line. Highly highly recommend this. Will definately repurchase this! (I do think the packaging could have been nicer though)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with both the reviews below! This is one fine lipstick! It's smooth and creamy without being greasy, and leaves a nice natural finish. It's a perfect bare MLBB shade on me (NC25-30) This is one of the best purchases I've made in a while - I'm very impressed with the Ceramide Plump Perfect lippies. I see no "plumping" whatever, but that's fine... It's just advertising. I would absolutely buy this again. EA is a vastly underrated line, and is getting better all the time. Wish they'd make a little more noise - they'd get noticed more! But for now, I'm going to keep them and in particular this lippie a little secret! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding this product - it is indeed an excellent product which is highly underrated. The colour is a beautiful nude with golden-pinky-peach tones: Perfect for my NC35 skin tone (but I suspect that it would work with most neutral/warm tones). Satiny finish - therefore even though its a nude tone, it doesn't appear flat: just a polished understated look.
However, the previous reviewer made a very telling comment: Despite signing Catherine Zeta Jones as their "face", Elizabeth Arden is not one of the brands that I gravitate to. Their packaging has "cheap" look and feel about it, even though the product itself is of a high quality. I would love it if the packaging reflected the quality of the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Apparently, Allure's cover of Britney Spears got a few of us running in search of EA's Ceramide l/s in Perfect Ginger lol ;-). (Which, for the record, is a whole lot more orangey-peach than I had expected ... so I picked up Perfect Bare instead.)

Perfect Bare is a peachy pink shade (but leaning more toward the peach side, on my pigmented lips, anyhow) that is laced with gold. It is even more beautiful when applied than I had hoped for -- the color and the hint of gold are more apparent when applied. In the tube, it just looks like a nice neutral. For a peek of it in action, I do have a pic of myself wearing it in my profile (FFF/blue eyes/auburn hair).

The last time I tried an EA l/s had to be years ago, and while the colors I had gotten (as GWPs) were pretty, I ended up ditching them because the texture was too dry/waxy, and there was a scent to them that didn't do right by me.

The Ceramide Plump Perfect l/s, however, is a totally different story. This l/s glides on effortlessly and feels like silk ... my lips, while they don't feel plumper, per se, do feel moisturized and very smooth. I'm really happy with the amount of time these lipsticks last, too -- I reapply throughout the day because, as a lipstick addict, it's in my nature to do so lol, but it's totally not necessary. The color lasted through eating and drinking, no problem at all -- there was still color left on my lips, and it didn't even look uneven. Niiiice.

The cost for this product is more than I normally like to shell out ($21.50, IIRC), but to be honest, this was well worth the investment. The product is fantastic, the casing is solid, and there is no scent to the l/s.

If only EA could break out of their "old lady" mold that seems to be attached to them, they might attract a younger crowd that could appreciate this underrated line -- there's a lot to be discovered here!