April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments - Roux - Fermodyl

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The packaging on these recently changed and they're BOGO @ Sally, so I picked some up. I tried it today and wasn't overly impressed. I applied it to towel dried hair, as directed and thought it made my hair really wet. Maybe I didn't dry it enough first? Anyway, it made my hair a bit softer (though it's already soft to begin with) but I didn't notice any volume, which it also promised. Now I have 5 more vials, as the packs I bought contained 3, so I'll update this review if results improve, but as of now I'm not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I bought the 619 formula and I was impressed about how moisturized my hair felt. My hair air dried very soft and was less frizzy. It has a watery consistency, but it smells nice and feels very light. I applied a whole tube to my hair and styled as usual. My hair still maintained both curl and body. These are a bit pricey for what you get, but a good leave-in. I bought mine at Sallys.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I have used this on and off for years after a hairdresser introduced me to it. I usually remember to use it after I have put my hair through some serious abuse or when I am cleaning up my mountain of products! I think it works well for me and I can immediately feel the results when I use it prior to blow drying and adding other products. I use formula 619. It's kind of pricey so I usually stock up when Sally's has a BOGO. This does not weigh your hair down and leaves it soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

kinda unsure with the product...i used 619 after i towel blotted my hair....it did leave my hair soft..and when airdried, gave it some shine....lasting effects werent very long......i mean, its pretty pricey if u use it as a leave-in, considering u can get great leave ins for much less than last for a few months...regarding roux, i love their mendex and porosity 'cond....im gonna do another set of 3 vials and see if this is a must have for me...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this one in treatment # 7 for fine, limp virgin hair. It was very easy to use. I did not notice any increase in fullness from using this. I did notice that my hair was super soft but not weighed down by this leave-in product. Results are not very long lasting. I picked one tube of this at Sally Beauty fo r$3.79. I would purchase this again or another one in this treatment line if I needed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using these but I like the formula already! I have long/ thick curly hair that requires lots of moisture and thorough detangling to style well. Formula 619 is like my secret tonic. I apply it after I wash/condition. The I proceed with my other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I work at Sally and all the girls rave about it, so I tried it. With my employee disc. and a BOGO coupon I didn't feel so jipped when I realized that yes my hair was softer, comb thru was easier but it evaporated quickly and the frizz came back just like that. It is a good product, nothing spectacular about it and if used before heat appliances its a good product but not to use if hair is to be left au'natural. I will only repurchase with my disc, and a BOGO coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWSCODE46

I cracked open a vial of this treatment, saturated my hair with it and detangled my hair with my mouth open the entire time. The tangles were non existent and my detangling brush glided right through. I was hooked for life.

If you have highly textured and/or curly hair this is a must leave-in (they have different formulations for all types of hair). I use the 619 (both extra strength and regular) mixed together in a spray bottle for easy application. The extra strength is superior at detangling, while the regular formula helps with softness and moisture. My hair is thick curly and an inch or two from my tail bone and I can detangle all of my hair in less than 2 minutes.

If they ever stop making this I will cry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love this leave-in treatment. Each application is in a plastic vial with a snap off tip. The consistency is watery with an unoffensive rose fragrance. The Fermodyls come in different formulas, I use #619 Extra Strength - it is for chemically relaxed hair and the description says it is used for strengthening, moisturizing, improving resiliency and elasticity, correcting porosity, and smoothing the hair cuticle. From what I saw they have formulas for everything from fine, virgin hair to double processed, and I think they all basically have the same purpose. I get them at a beauty supply store (like Sally's), 3 to a pack for about $8

That being said, I stumbled on these because I just started using the Roux Porosity Control shampoo sometimes and was liking the results. I decided to give this a try. I applied it while my hair was wet and it made my hair feel immediately smoother and softer, one vial was plenty for my collar-bone length hair (and I have a LOT of hair, lol) and styled as normal. It actually made styling easier than normal too! I was very satisfied that my hair after styling was very soft and smooth. I did not give it 5 out of 5 because I found that it does not have a lasting effect:-( Oh well, I have bought 2 more packs since finishing the first one, and I actually dumped on vial into my water spray bottle for rewetting my hair while putting it on rollers. Very good product, IMO, worth a try if your hair has been through some damage. continued >>