November 27, 2014 | 1496 users online

Hair Treatments - Roux - Fermodyl

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The packaging on these recently changed and they're BOGO @ Sally, so I picked some up. I tried it today and wasn't overly impressed. I applied it to towel dried hair, as directed and thought it made my hair really wet. Maybe I didn't dry it enough first? Anyway, it made my hair a bit softer (though it's already soft to begin with) but I didn't notice any volume, which it also promised. Now I have 5 more vials, as the packs I bought contained 3, so I'll update this review if results improve, but as of now I'm not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the 619 formula and I was impressed about how moisturized my hair felt. My hair air dried very soft and was less frizzy. It has a watery consistency, but it smells nice and feels very light. I applied a whole tube to my hair and styled as usual. My hair still maintained both curl and body. These are a bit pricey for what you get, but a good leave-in. I bought mine at Sallys.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I have used this on and off for years after a hairdresser introduced me to it. I usually remember to use it after I have put my hair through some serious abuse or when I am cleaning up my mountain of products! I think it works well for me and I can immediately feel the results when I use it prior to blow drying and adding other products. I use formula 619. It's kind of pricey so I usually stock up when Sally's has a BOGO. This does not weigh your hair down and leaves it soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

kinda unsure with the product...i used 619 after i towel blotted my hair....it did leave my hair soft..and when airdried, gave it some shine....lasting effects werent very long......i mean, its pretty pricey if u use it as a leave-in, considering u can get great leave ins for much less than last for a few months...regarding roux, i love their mendex and porosity 'cond....im gonna do another set of 3 vials and see if this is a must have for me...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this one in treatment # 7 for fine, limp virgin hair. It was very easy to use. I did not notice any increase in fullness from using this. I did notice that my hair was super soft but not weighed down by this leave-in product. Results are not very long lasting. I picked one tube of this at Sally Beauty fo r$3.79. I would purchase this again or another one in this treatment line if I needed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using these but I like the formula already! I have long/ thick curly hair that requires lots of moisture and thorough detangling to style well. Formula 619 is like my secret tonic. I apply it after I wash/condition. The I proceed with my other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I work at Sally and all the girls rave about it, so I tried it. With my employee disc. and a BOGO coupon I didn't feel so jipped when I realized that yes my hair was softer, comb thru was easier but it evaporated quickly and the frizz came back just like that. It is a good product, nothing spectacular about it and if used before heat appliances its a good product but not to use if hair is to be left au'natural. I will only repurchase with my disc, and a BOGO coupon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love this leave-in treatment. Each application is in a plastic vial with a snap off tip. The consistency is watery with an unoffensive rose fragrance. The Fermodyls come in different formulas, I use #619 Extra Strength - it is for chemically relaxed hair and the description says it is used for strengthening, moisturizing, improving resiliency and elasticity, correcting porosity, and smoothing the hair cuticle. From what I saw they have formulas for everything from fine, virgin hair to double processed, and I think they all basically have the same purpose. I get them at a beauty supply store (like Sally's), 3 to a pack for about $8

That being said, I stumbled on these because I just started using the Roux Porosity Control shampoo sometimes and was liking the results. I decided to give this a try. I applied it while my hair was wet and it made my hair feel immediately smoother and softer, one vial was plenty for my collar-bone length hair (and I have a LOT of hair, lol) and styled as normal. It actually made styling easier than normal too! I was very satisfied that my hair after styling was very soft and smooth. I did not give it 5 out of 5 because I found that it does not have a lasting effect:-( Oh well, I have bought 2 more packs since finishing the first one, and I actually dumped on vial into my water spray bottle for rewetting my hair while putting it on rollers. Very good product, IMO, worth a try if your hair has been through some damage. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No