November 24, 2014 | 1322 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Fyrinnae - Fyrinnae Rice Powder Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by cstarks

Really amazing stuff! I am VERY picky about primers (and mmu for that matter-HATE BE!) but have found when you find the right one for your skin, you will never go without it again. I was addicted to a primer by Raesin Images called Resurface Xtreme, but they switched ownership and it was unavailable for awhile. It was also just a tad too drying. I tried several others and hated them all. I have oily skin, but also use retin a so can be dry also (and extremely sensitive). I ordered this because I really liked the ingredients, the reviews, and the price. It arrived faster than it said on the web page (within 5 days). I love love love it. It has now replaced my other primer for good. It keeps my make up perfect and I think actually improves the look of my skin after I take it off. I wear a moisturizer and sunscreen so my face is pretty greased up before applying. I wait a few minutes, press tp to my face to get xtra sunscreen/moisturizer off and then apply light dusting of primer. I apply my powder mineral make up over the top. Everytime I look in the mirror I am amazed, make up perfect till I go to bed! I usually don't like mica in my makeup or anything else that is shiny because of my large pores, but the tiny bit of mica in this is nice. It gives me a nice soft glow without showing up on pores/fine lines. I use Raesin Images "Transform" MMU over the primer. Great stuff also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by isabella0702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! i used it only once underneath my mineral foundation. but then i tried it over my liquid foundation and it looks AMAZING! no pores and leaves a perfect matte finish. almay's TLC+this primer=perfection <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had high expectations for this product, but it really does nothing for me. For reference, I have oily/combination skin that's acne prone. This powder gives me an ashy look. Towards the end of the day, it also seems to react strangely with my makeup (Stila tinted moisturizer) and I get darker, "orange" spots..

Update: I switched foundations and tried it again on just one side of my face to see if it made a difference. Nope.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly it does not work on my extreme oily skin. I had very high expectation for this product, and i am very disappointed.
I bought full size jar w/o trying the sample first since its only $5.50. I have used very little, and liberally, the result is same: cakey makeup that melts off. I even used it as e/s primer, and oil on my lid was coming out like craze, even worse than no e/s primer. I've also bought powder primer, hope that one is better, but for now i don't even want to try other Fyrinnae product =(
Learn from EDM Fyrinnae!!
How can Rice powder melts off faster than anyother loose powders I own! :( continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

i think this works great for those with oily skin. i apply a little all over my face with a MAC 187 brush and then apply my liquid foundation over it. it keeps my foundation in place all day and keeps me from looking like a greasball by mid day. when i do get a little oily which isn't till waaaay later in the day (like 6pm) i can just add a little more on top of my foundation and it gets rid of the shine and my makeup looks fresh as if i just applied it. if you do apply it over foundation just make sure you use a VERY light hand or it can look a little cakey. after i ordered a sample of this i loved it so much that i purchased 3 jars! im already on my second jar =] i would say that a jar can last you about a year depending on your usage. i would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by bundles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dang, just figured out what has been breaking me out so bad!!! I was racking my brain... Didn't occur to me that this might be the culprit. I assumed this product is too 'inert' to cause problems.

My skin is not sensitive. But lately has been breaking out in angry red pimples (not hormonal ones). I think it's from this.

Will stop using as of today & update to let you know for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

Does not work for me. Well, it does not irritate my skin or break me out or anything, but it does not control oil either. Cannot feel any difference at all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: I gave it a second try a few months later, and this time I became very happy with it! It does keep me shine free for hours! WOW!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by krjcmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This did not work at all for me. It kind of has a "grainy" texture at times that seemed to irritate my skin, and it seemed to suck all the moisture out of my skin and make it dry and caused burning. I used it once and figured out it is not for me. It didn't seem to do anything to help make my foundation last longer either, which is basically what I wanted it for.
I put most of what I got from my Fyrinnae order up for sale/swap (so not worth the 3 week wait to get them) and I expected people to jump all over the barely-used Fyrinnae products, but that was not the case at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh. My. Gosh. I've never used this term before, but... HG!! I love this stuff!! It keeps my makeup on all day and keeps me from getting shiny. Nothing has ever kept me from getting shiny. My T zone is oily 10 minutes after I wash my face, but with a light dusting of this before I put on my makeup, my nose is still nearly matte after 10 hours. Whoa! If you are thinking about buying this, stop hesitating! It's great!!
EDIT: ok, so it still helps with the oilies, but after a few hours, my nose is still an oily mess. Oh, well, the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this, but alas. Not happening. I only really get shiny on my nose, so i bought a cheap little sample jar of this and since i use so little, if it had worked out the sample jar would have easily lasted me a long, long time. so that's a huge plus - it's really cheap to try.
but that's about the only plus. i'm glad this works for so many other folks, but it really makes no difference for me at all. my quandary is that my (mineral) foundation looks awesome on every other part of my face BUT my nose, where it melts off immediately and i'm left with a red shiny nose.
i've tried using a lot of this primer, a little, a middling amount, over my foundation, under it, both under and over, i've applied it with a heavy and a light hand, it's just not making any difference, no matter what i do.
also the one day i decided to try it on my WHOLE face (not just my nose), it made the rest of my skin REALLY dry and tight and flaky.
but i should have known it would do that, so i'm not blaming fyrinnae for it.

bottom line: from what i've read about it (here and elsewhere), this is super-effective, HG material for like 7 out of 10 people who try it. considering that a sample is like a $1.13 + cheap shipping, it's still definitely worth it to try, even if it doesn't pan out.