L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Brown

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

During my gel liner kick I tried Smashbox jet set, MAC fluidlines in a few shades, Maybelline eye studio also in a few shades, Physicians formula trio for hazel eyes & WnW in black then of course this from L'Oreal. This is by far the best formula I have tried. I dont reach for these gel liners often so all of them dried up in their pots into something un-usable (AFTER USING THEM LESS THAN MAYBE 8X EACH). The L'Oreal gel liner stayed creamy & fresh even a year later. Unbelievable! The color is a nice basic brown for an unfussy day time look for me NC25. The formula is chock full of pigment & gives you enough time to mess with (before it sets to a nice matte finish that doesnt flake on me. I have normal/dry skin during the time of using this) so it is easy to create a precise even color line without too much correcting. Its a good formula and worth the price even though it hovers close to MAC prices. Id rather have L'Oreal color truth cream liners over any of those that I have tried any day!

on 6/19/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

WOW! This is incredible stuff. Ask any of my female friends and they'll tell you I adamantly boycott L'Oreal, but this eyeliner is fantastic. It's a nice neutral brown and stays put. The packaging keeps it from drying out. So glad I tried this.

on 6/1/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is just OK, nothing special. I think the Maybeline Gel Liner is a better product. I find the Maybeline to be the most stable/long wearing w/out smudging or fallout. This L'Oreal tends to flake and smudge by end of day or if you're in a hot, humid environment. It comes w/a brush which again is just OK. I used a better liner brush (MAC's #266.) It still is not as long wearing as it should be for a gel liner. It's densely pigmented enough w/good, easy slide and coverage, but there is better out there for the same money. I would not buy it again. Maybeline's Gel Liner is the one to beat at this price point and you can spend more and still not get the quality of the Maybeline.

on 4/16/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

for the Brown color gel liner, this is the one of the best!
just right tone , smooth to apply.. set instantly..and Not smudged at all
last very long

for black liner , I'm using 'Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner' (it's superb for intense black color) but brown color was not that great.. so I seatched and found this liner from brown color and I really like it

on 10/8/2011 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As an eyeliner, this is just okay. Texture is a bit drier than Mac Fluidline but still creamy and easy to use. The stay power is just as good as Mac Fluidline or Bobbi Brown. Only thing I don't like as a liner is that the brown doesn't have enough of a black base for the definition I need out of a brown liner. I like a really black brown and this is more of a med/dark red based brown. However, if I was rating this as a cream shadow base, I would give it a five. It applies and blends out very easily w/ minimal creasing after five hours without any shadow on top to set. It's an easy dark brown smokey eye and it goes on w/ a semi-matte texture. I really love it . As a base, the texture reminds me of a Mac Paint Pot.

on 6/17/2011 11:07:00 PM

for the longest time, i was using the maybelline eyestudio gel liner in black, but i realized that the black was a little too harsh for me. i looked for a brown liner because everyone says it's a lot less harsh while it still defines your eyes well. i didn't want a pencil liner because those don't stay that well.
i got this at ulta during the 2 for $10 sale they had on l'oreal eye products, so it was pretty cheap.
i was really surprised by how pigmented and dark the brown was! it's not black, obviously, but it adds such great definition without looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. i wear neutrals on a daily basis anyways, so this is PERFECT. more than anything, i'm very impressed by how creamy it is... you guys wouldn't believe how smoothly this product applies.
i've had this product for a while and i use it a lot but it still hasn't dried out on me. it's has creamy and soft as it was when i first opened it. once it's applied, it stays on all day with little to no smudging. i honestly don't want to try any other brown liners because this one works so well and is so reasonably priced even when it's not on sale (which it usually is) that i can't imagine a more expensive product working better.
i use the brush that came with the maybelline liner... i actually quite like that brush. you can also use the sigma small angled brush. the one that comes with this liner is way too hard for me, but it works great for my brows (haha yay for finding uses for everything!)

on 5/27/2011 6:37:00 PM

Dark brown color, almost black but not overwhelming. Apply with the Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush. In my experience, gel liners come in two categories: those that smear off at the end of the day leaving raccoon eye smudges (Bobbi Brown) and those that flake off leaving dark bits on your cheeks (L'Oreal). Just depends on what you prefer.

on 4/7/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 4 out of 5 of these eyeliners and I love all but most sat unused in the drawer. I find myself only reaching for teal once in a while. Black dried out so fast and got thrown out. Purple is used here and there and brown almost none. BUT, I recently used up my brown pencil and decided why did I pay for this if I am not going to use it?! So I whipped it out and have not reached for anything in at least 4 months. I did feel like it was getting a little dry so I got a toothpick and gave it a little stir. And now I think it's even creamier than when I first owned it. It's the perfect dark brown eyeliner. It is great for me since I wear pretty much neutrals everyday and I prefer brown over black because it's less harsh. No glitter or shimmer are in this whatsoever. I did purchase the Physicians Formula trio of eyeliners in several sets but I fully plan on buying this again in the future.

on 4/5/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best eyeliner I have ever used and I have tried everything. I've used pencils, liquids, powders amd other creams and this is by far my favorite. If it will stay on me it will stay on just about anybody. My ony complaint is the brush is so short it is sort of hard to manage so I replaced it with Eco tools angled liner brush ( about $5 at Wal-Mart)

on 3/23/2011 1:33:00 PM

I was surprised to find that this product works just as well- if not better- than Bobbi Brown's gel liners. It's the perfect everyday brown. Even the small brush they include is fantastic. I will definitely repurchase.