Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand Cream with Silk

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/1/2013 1:54:00 PM

This is a light hand cream that absorbs well. The almond scent of this is delicate, sweet and true, not fake or cloy. Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe are my favorite almond scented products. However, this tiny 1.75 ounce tube costs $14 regular price, which I think is way too expensive. I did get a deal of $5 each a while back, and occasionally Caswell-Massey has 50% off deals, so I usually buy when on sale. Lovely, light, beautifully scented hand cream that is portable, if not a little pricey.

on 12/29/2011 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, love the scent of this. I guess I'm a big almond person because I am always drawn to almond soaps, lotions, etc. I kept eyeing this hand cream in stores and they often have a tester out, so I was able to try it out. Recently got my first tube of it. I wish it came in a bigger tube, but I also love that the small size makes it so convenient for keeping in a purse or totebag. If I decide I want a larger one for home, I'm seriously considering getting the Almond & Aloe Hand & Body Emulsion with Silk (if I do buy that one, I'll review that one too)

Anyway--so I love the almond fragrance and I think it moisturizes well. It has a nice texture, IMO--not too heavy/greasy and not too light. I will repurchase!

on 2/27/2009 5:55:00 PM

This is the yummiest scent ever!! I first discovered this while staying at a very nice hotel. All the toiletries they supplied were Caswell-Massey Almond. I fell in love with this lotion 20 years ago & still love it today. Wearing this makes me feel pampered, it's a real treat! So soft & silky. It's a must have. Treat yourself & try it- you'll be hooked!

on 3/13/2007 6:15:00 AM

i have this in the body lotion. i LOVE the smell! smells like the asian almoond tofu dessert! mmm!!! the body lotion is a lightweight, not too thick or greasy lotion. it moisturizes well on skin that isn't too dry (like my arms and stuff) but it didn't do that great for the dry skin on my legs.

on 12/26/2006 9:36:00 PM

I absolutely adore the scent, it smells like marzipan. Moisturizes okay. I wish the scent would last longer and was stronger on the skin. Overall I really like this.

on 9/23/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nothing wrong with this at all - and if you like the scent and consistency (a thinner lotion - not a cream, definitely a lotion.) then it is a decent value for the money. Not my HG but a nice change.

on 2/6/2005 8:19:00 PM

This is the same lotion that is sent to the White House for use (as told to me by 2 different Caswell-Massey employees). No matter what your partisianship, this lotion will leave you feeling moisturized, but not greasy. The almond smell seems strong in the bottle, but leaves a very light fragrance when applied.
Very good lotion that I will repurchase.

on 12/3/2004 2:07:00 PM

Wonderful stuff with a yummy almond scent that's delightful yet so light it won't clash with your other fragrances. Goes on a bit greasy, but feels delightful on my hands and absorbs quickly. Has cured my chapped hands completely since I began using it at night. Wish it was cheaper, but I plan to repurchase anyway.

on 8/26/2004 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a good hand cream if you like something that will moisturize without leaving a greasy or waxy film afterwards. Smells like marzipan...the almond scent is only detectable at first application...within minutes, there's no scent at all. I kind of wish the lasting power were a little longer - I love the smell of almonds! Nice and portable, but I'm not quite certain if I'll repurchase. I find the moisturizing properties of drugstore lotions like Curel or Aveeno to be more effective overall.

on 8/23/2004 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap as an extra, oh my god lol it's SO great, my hands were getting kinda dry, it was a miracle treatment.. definitely use this stuff!