September 1, 2014 | 1993 users online

Fragrances - MAC - Hue: PinkAura

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love the general idea of Hue:Pinkaura. It's a light floral that's just slightly aquatic. However, I think it turns too artificial on me, though I have gotten compliments on it. The packaging is ugly, and the price is steep, but if you can get it for a decent price it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally bought a bottle of this after one of the girls at work kept wearing it and it smelled so good on her. Super girly and flowery but not overly sweet. I love this fragrance, very soft and perfect for spring/summer. There is a milky note at the top that I don't like, but that fades quickly and I love the rest. The lasting power is about 4 hours on me, that is fine since the bottle is small enough to put in my purse and reapply. I just got word this scent will be discontinued so if you like it stock up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

It is a sweet fragrance for spring. Kind of girly, but it is appropriate to wear for school or work. The bottle is simple and clean with a touch of sweetness. Yes, I agree the scent is not that elegant, but it is easy to wear. The staying power is pretty good. I will repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sleepingapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the hate for this product! I bought it on a whim a couple of months ago, and I've been very happy with it. I love the smell (a sweet floral smell), and I haven't found it to wear away like some of the other reviews have mentioned.
It's a pretty good value for the price, although the container is a little small. I'll still rebuy, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lollidolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

While this isn't terribly bad is isn't original either. Smells very similar to Tommy Girl. Just another generic unoriginal fragrance. Kind of drugstore-ish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

One of my other favorite scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by leeyao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really enjoy this fragrance & don't understand the dislike. I'm not a huge fragrance wearer (Clean Ultimate, which smells like clean skin a la Philosophy Pure Grace, is my HG), but I'm loving this! it's as light as Turquatic without the marine note. It's floral but not cloying, with a light, airy, green & citrus note. I sprayed some on at 10 a.m. and I can still smell it on my wrist now. Plus, I love the cute bottle with the pink cap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One spray lasted a long while applied to the palm of one hand. I did not like the scent though: sharp, smells like the cheapest floral body spray, spring flowers but not well done. DH winced when I made him smell it. Even if he did like it, there's no way I'd buy this let alone wear it. It's obvious... but I'm still gonna say No Sale!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by bbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Notes: Freesia, Black Violet, Magnolia Petals, Amber, Vetiver
Price: 17

I can't really judge the price and the packaging too well as I only purchased a sample of this. I ldo ike the look of the bottle on the MAC website though with its sleek lines and cute pink top.

At first spray I thought it was a generic scent, nothing to write home about but pleasant none the less. There was something about the way it had scented my room that really made me want to like this. Then I sniffed my wrist and, oh, it was awful. There was some sort of ozonic note that really disagreed with me. I don't like to scrub scents as I know they change over time so I kept sniffing my wrist in the hope that it would blossom into the scent that I wanted it to be when I sprayed it. It never quite did, but it did change into something very agreeable. It was sometime before the note that offended me so much disappeared but it did eventually go leaving a warm ambery base. The drydown really saved this. I won't be purchasing a full bottle but it's possible that I will buy another sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC has several fragrances and since I'm totally in love with Turquatic I wanted to try some others in the same line. I sniffed Pinkaura and bought it on the spot. Its definately different from Turquatic-its very flowery, light and airy. MAC website lists freesia, black violet and magnolia petals as the main notes. I loved it at first but after a while realized that its lasting powder is practically nil. I kept reapplying it and half an hour later, it was gone. Because of that, I wouldn't be repurchasing. Shame because I really like the fragrance.