October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Concealers - Kanebo - KATE stick concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by liews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Great concealer, thick and quite easy to blend. Covers my bad dark eye circles and imperfections pretty nicely, so far the best concealer i've used. I don't know if there are better ones out there but until then, this is the one i would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by scarlettberry

A really creamy concealer, thick enough to have full coverage which I love. I got it in Natural beige. I'm an NC 25. It doesn't budge for hours and it's pretty affordable comapared to MAC, Bobbi Brown etc.
Overall love it, no bad reactions on my skin yet. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer in Natural Beige matches perfectly to my NC30 skin. I've used a lot of high end and drug store concealers, but was never able to find the perfect color match for under my eyes. This is a perfect balance of yellow and rose for a very neutral effect. Makes me look much less tired and is a good thick consistency that doesn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by lwscutie

considering the price and value, the quality of this concealer is above average. easy to blend and stays on, doesn't get dried out after a few hours. the only downside is at where I bought this concealer there was no colour selection, if there's any. I got light beige and sometimes it is too light for my skin,although my skin is considered very light among asians. but I'm glad that it blends fairly well with my Guerlain Parure extreme foundation 02.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by juaini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using MAC concealers for years now, and currently also own the Studio Finish (pot) and the Select Cover Up (squeeze tube), both in NC 30. My skin is kind of lighter than it used to be, and I was looking to switch to an NC25 concealer but MAC doesn't make them in NC25, only NC20, which was too light. So off I went to find a suitable alternative.

I was kinda broke at the time so I decided to go drugstore. Kate seemed like a reasonable option, except that I don't understand the shade system at all! They seemed to have a bunch of shades that were really similar (around the NC 20-25 region) which were only indicated by a combination of 2 numbers and 2 letters. There was a 65 QV, 25 KQ blablabla and I couldn't make any sense of the system, if there was any... anyway I ended up just grabbing one of them, which was 26 NV. True enough, it was pretty closely matched to my Studio Tech in NC25.

The formula of the concealer is a cream-to-powder type. Really quite blendable, and layers well. A bit dry for the eye area due to its drying down to a powder finish, but works well for blemishes. So yeah, I use it for my blemish scars, but stick to the MAC Select Cover Up for undereye. The shade 26 NV (strange code) seems a bit light when I first apply it, but after I tap it in, it blends into my skin very very well. It applies better using a brush to pick up product from the stick, instead of swiping the stick directly onto skin. I use a MAC 242SE for this. Using a brush, you seem to use less product, you're able to place the concealer precisely, and for some reason, it also wears longer when you put it on with a brush.

Pros: price (RM36=approx USD10), convenient form factor, good color match, good blendability and layer-ability, decent lasting power. Cons: crazy color coding system, not available widely, some of their shades did not have testers out so I eyeballed them in the package.

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in Golden Beige/Px Virtual Skin in Real Champagne/MAC Select SPF 15 in NC 30, MAC Select Cover Up in NC30 for under eyes, KATE stick concealer in 26 NV for blemishes and scars, set it all with loose powder, either MAC Select Sheer in NC30 or L'Oreal Translucide in 02 Light Beige, finishing up with MAC Blot Pressed in Medium Dark brushed onto the T zone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I have this in natural beige, which is the darker of the 2 colours available in this twist-up concealer. The consistency is OK, however, for my NC 30 skin, the colour is too flat, more whitish than yellow colour, maybe good to cover up red blotches, but for those 2 undereye babies, the result looks rather flat & artificial. It seems to lack a slight warmth to the colour, this is no comparison to the CdP concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

What? Has no one bought this yet? I looked high and low for a concealer that didnt leave dry patches on my face, that weren't too orange/pink. Shiseido, Shu Uemura etc etc but none were blendable or the right colour. I decided to try my luck at Kanebo. Kanebo is not such a popular brand but the SA as i know is really professional and knows her stuff, so i decided to try my luck there. The Kanebo concealer was no difference from the rest i tried, still cakey and dry. Then she said that she has anotehr concealer in the cheaper range. Oh!! it was a godsend i tell you. Super creamy, blendable, and the shade matched me 99%. I am such a lucky girl. Best of all, it cost only SGD$16. Saved me a hell lot of money. i would repurchase again and again. UPDATE : this lasted the whole day on my oily face ! no signs of oxidisation too. do yourself a favour and go out and buy it. after all it only costs $16 a pop.