July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Mascara - Avon - Uplifting Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have finished two tubes of this mascara , and never knew it could "bend" like that ..Sadly, it's discontinued in my country ..I see many negative reviews here .. yes, this mascara isn't a miracle worker. I have good lashes , long and thick but they lack a decent curl , this mascara was the BEST at holding the curl it never clumped on me , smudged or flaked , even better it felt very comfortable to wear and gave me defined lashes without looking weird ,and it washed easily , I washed its rubber bristles wand and may use it with other mascaras ..This macara is good but not for everyone ..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first fiber mascara I have ever tried. I did not like it at all. When I pulled the wand out there were little things stuck to it. I was very worried how this would go on. It did make my lashes long, but they also looked a little funny. Then I tried to layer another mascara on so I would have some volume too. Big mistake. This made my lashes look spiky and clumpy. I was also disappointed that when I got tear eyed this mascara just came right off. There was no staying power. It went down my face and my lashes actually looked like I had used remover on it. I surprisingly had trouble removing this mascara fully. I figured it would be easy to remove being my tears had no problem. I would not purchase this at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a new tube of this as an extra from a very generous swapper. I'm a mascara freak, so I was excited to try it. But not knowing anything about this product, I did not know what to expect. The one thing that is a major factor in this mascara, is that it has fibers in it, much like MAC Fibre Lash. So if you are a contact lens wearer, this will be an issue for you. I don't prefer fiber mascaras, and in this one particularly, I didn't think the fibers improved the product's performance. Fibers are used for volumizing and thickening, neither of which this mascara accomplishes. It's just okay. It lengthened a little, defined a little, but nothing special. Avon's Super Shock mascara is way better than this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually recd this as a trow in from a nice MUA gal I swapped with. I use if after one coat of Clinique High Lengths masc - the one with the green brush thingy that makes your lashes so long. The Clinique does best with one coat so I use this for the 2nd coat and it it awesome - long defined lashes and no clumps. I have always found that 2 coats of different mascaras works best and this is a great combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Wileycoyote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The brush did not do what it shows in the picture. Or at least I couldn't get it to. It didn't seem to lengthen but it was also the first time using it. maybe it needs to dry out a little. I don't know yet if I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by 7954

this is a decent mascara if you like natural lashes
plastic wand..
comparable to any other drugstore mascara
personally; was too lengthening, not thickening enough

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by roxie4380

After my third time using this mascara, I sent it straight to the trash. I don't get this mascara it seems to do the exact opposite of want I want from a mascara. It made my lashes look very thin, fragile, short and spiky. My lashes looked horrible. Some of the reviews on here say that it does curl your lashes but I didn't notice any "uplifting" from this mascara. Even worse it took forever to dry so I had to be careful not to blink for a couple minutes after applying. When it comes to mascara I'll be sticking with Cover Girl or Max Factor from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by siyang2

This product actually does what it's supposed to do. I'm Asian so my eyelashes are straight and points downward. I usually don't curl my lashes, and this mascara actually lifts them and curls them. It doesn't do much for volume or lengthening but it DOES uplift. It may clump after applying more than one layer. Therefore I actually like this mascara.

Oh and it DOES bend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by KatMack

Worst Product ever! I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or not... but it has little hairs in it. And the hairs, when you try to put on your mascara, get in your eyes. It's horrible! I can't believe they would made a product like this! I'm going out to buy new mascara today. I buy all high end makeup, but i've learned over the years that the grocery store mascara is the best mascara that you can buy. It's just a bonus that it's relatively cheap! Anyway, don't buy this terrible mascara. Not only is it not good, but it hurts your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't impressed. I love Supershock and like Daring Curves. This clumped and the brush hurt my eyes. Volume and Lash Exact never hurt my eyes and neither does the Supershock. This got very clumpy and I couldn't bend the brush. I'll stick with SuperShock which I LOVE!