October 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Ita Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Narsfanatic

Absolutely a dream to use when it comes to contouring my cheekbones. However, excess powder and dust stick to the rubberized handle like crazy, so I wiped the crazy coating off with alcohol (the handle is now a shiny black)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've contoured with many brushes saying that "this brush does this..that brush contours like that"....etc, etc, etc.. and honestly having paid almost $60 bucks (including tax) for this brush, I can truly say that this brush does it all. It helps contour with such ease and precision that it's impossible to make a mistake with this brush. I'm talking about the smaller ita brush of course (the 21) and it makes contouring such a breeze. I bought a dupe of this brush that looks/feels almost identical to the real authentic nars ita brush and I have to say that both do the job extremely well. If you can buy a dupe of this brush out there somewhere, I'd suggest buying it because $60 bucks is a lot to pay for a single brush, but just like pokemon...I gotta have them all...pertaining to brushes of course...so yes, if your wallet can afford it then definitely splurge on this brush because you won't regret it. It's absolutely fantastic and makes contouring so easy. With this brush you can easily achieve a sharp contour or a nice bronzed look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by AudreyMendeiros

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No way...I can't believe I paid so much for this...Buy E.L.F because worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This brush is VERY pricey. From what i understand it used to be cheaper (Around $35) i paid $55 for it, but it was worth it. I've tried to contour for years and i never could get the look. I received this brush and watched Jaclyn Hill's video on how to contour (i'll put the link to her video below)
And i totally have a sculpted cheek now.
I just wish i wouldn't have wasted my money on all the other brushes that didn't help me contour.
I absolutely love this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always sort of knew I didn't *really* understand contouring. Like, I've contoured hundreds of times, but it never really felt right. It doesn't help that I am super fair and the tiniest bit of contour on me can look crazy. Well, when I saw the advertising for this brush, and the dozens of good reviews, it took about 3 minutes for me to purchase this thinking maybe it would make things right. I underestimated just how easy application is with this brush, and how perfect the results are. It's designed in such a lovely shape that it kind of just fits where it should go, and voila. Perfectly defined cheekbones. Oh, and a defined jawline. And shaded sides of the face and forehead. It's also small enough (if you kind of squish the bristles together) to do the nose as well. It's easy to blend with, but it's not always totally necessary because the bristles deposit just the right amount of pigment while blending simultaneously. Magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

(review for long handle brush) This brush is amazing!! Worth the money. The first 2 times I was woo-ed by how the brush really gave an extremely defined line, I thought people were exaggerating! Also, this makes contouring on the nose BEAUTIFUL!! It looks amazing! The line stays perfectly straight and even so it looks more natural. Really worth the money for somebody who contours everyday. This brush makes it easy to contour everyday, 5 mins tops.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Ita #21 (long handle). This is my HG contouring brush! If you have the chance to buy this brush, do it, FAST! I bought this brush after trying the MAC #163 (said to be comparable) and being really disappointed. If you are looking for a contour brush, this is the one to go with. The bristles are extremely soft, and not too densely packed which makes it great for blending out a contour to achieve a very natural look.

I don't own any other NARS brushes, but I do own lots of MAC and Sigma. I absolutely love this brush! I use it to contour the hollows of my cheeks and apply bronzer to the perimiter of my face. The fluffy bristles and slim design of the brush make it so easy to use, it's almost impossible to mess up a contour with this. Because of that I think this is ideal for beginners and professionals alike.

I really enjoy the design of the brush, and the coating is the same as other NARS products. It does pick up makeup from your hands and if it is floating around in a makeup bag, and it can be hard to get the outside of the brush clean again. I reccommend using eye makeup remover followed by hand soap to take off all the smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful brush for contouring. I have the longer handle version and being that I am new to contouring, I can tell you it has made learning very fast. It gets the product exactly where it's needed and blends it well. I am actually getting compliments on my makeup! I just wish Nars had some sort of protective cover for it so it could be used for travel more easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

Let me start off by saying that I do really like this brush. It's amazing for contouring and makes it SO easy. But with that being said. It does shed ALOT while I'm using it which is pretty annoying considering it's a $55 brush. With how much it sheds idk how long this brush will last and I definitely won't be repurchasing because of the shedding factor which shouldn't happen with a outrageously expensive brush. I have brushes that do the same thing and are way cheaper and never shed. With all that being said it's a good brush for contouring if you want to splurge but definitely not a must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the longer version #21 and I have to say it is a good brush but honestly you can get similar results from other brushes. I do however think the shape and handle make it an easier tool to sculpt out the face with contouring products so that is why I like to use this. I use it to apply either my bronzer or contouring powder and it applies very much airbrush-like as it slightly diffuses the color. It makes the products go on sheerer than with other powder brushes.

The packaging is what drew me in as I love Japanese influenced make up brushes and I do feel really 'professional' when using this. As with everything NARS, the handle is rubber which can get really dirty if you don't have clean hands or store it near dirty brushes/make up. The fibres are goat hair and surprisingly they're not soft at all but on the skin it doesn't feel rough. When I wash this brush I notice a lot of shedding but when I use this brush to contour it doesn't shed, so I don't know what's up with that?

Overall, I'm happy to own and use this brush on a regular basis but would I say it's essential? No, but if you want to splurge on a contouring brush then this is a great brush for that.