April 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Violetta Amplified (Pro)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC's Violetta is an amplified purple lippie w/very slight shimmer. Goes on lips evenly and smooth! Looks great on various complexions! I use Violetta with Magenta lip liner. I really don't have to touch up often being a vape smoker & a foodie! Not sure but I believe Violetta is only sold on MAC's website and not in stores. Most of their lipsticks have a light vanilla-esque fragrance, unlike some lippies smell that smell extremely floral or like plastic. It's worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I love this shade! It is such a lovely violet with touches of blue & purple. I do love lipsticks where the blue is obvious. I ordered my tube from MAC's website. Our stores never carry the great shades, or if they do, they do not order enough to last long. This lipstick is always very moist and creamy. I love the way it feels on my lips and it last a very long time. MAC is one of the better lipsticks on the market. I have other brands that I love too but MAC has a better price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Let's start of with the fact that I love this lipstick! It's moisturizing, long-lasting and a beautiful color! It's a really pretty violet color with pink undertones. I get complimented with this on so much! Although in the winter when my skin is at it's palest, this shade seems to look less violet on me for some reason, sort of brownish somehow so I dust my face with a yellow toned powder (since purple and yellow are complementary colors) and it seems to help out a little but since I'm still quite fair I look slightly evil. This lipstick is quite sheer for an amplified lippie. You definitely have to layer it if you want to get the color in the tube. I don't feel as though this dries to a satin finish like my other amplified lippies ( Saint Germain, Up the Amp, Neon Orange) this one stays creamy. I don't really like that because I feel that the ones that stay creamy tend to not last as long on the lips but this really does last just as long which really surprised me! I put up the pic with swatch of Violetta and my other purples

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Toyamvs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to order this online because it is a "pro" product. It just came in the mail today and I tried it on as soon as I got in the door. I only own about 5 MAC lipsticks and since trying this on today this is my absolute favorite. I usually only wear lipstick for a night out because I'm more of a lip gloss girl but I will be wearing this everyday. The color is just so gorgeous that I had to order another one just incase I misplace or they discontinue. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful shade! Do yourself a favor and get if you don't already have it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't as scary (delicious, if you LOVE bold lips like me) as it looks in the tube! It's got a pink hint to it that keeps it from being straight up purple (like OCC Belladonna LT). It's such a sexy, slightly evil, color. It's purple without being garish or hard to pull off. Looooove. I'd give it a 5 if it wore longer/more comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't purchase this. It was a gift from a really amazing, wonderful, incredibly generous friend.
Oh my goodness gracious.
I had a purple lipstick from Makeup Forever that was a gorgeous color, but went on so patchy and dry that I just could not deal. So when I received Violetta from the aforementioned friend, I spazzed. This color is nearly impossible to find within an hour radius of my home town, and I'm not into ordering cosmetics online in case I really don't like the color on me. (Who wants to pay return shipping?!)
The second I put this baby on my lips, I was in love. The texture is creamy and slick, but dries down to a semi-matte finish that just stays and stays. It leaves a gorgeous pink tint behind on my lips when it finally does fade (which takes FOREVER). And boy is this stuff moisturizing.
It is sheer at first, so I tend to apply, blot, reapply, bot, and reapply again to get opaque coverage. I don't use a liner - oddly enough, this doesn't feather on me at all. Sometimes I'll use a primer underneath to give it something to stick to, but I've found that this doesn't make too much of a difference. Perhaps a pinky-purple dark liner would do the trick. But this lipstick really does stand on its own.
I will repurchase when I run out (which will likely be soon since I'm already addicted), and I'll have no problem ordering it online.
Oh, and the packaging is absolutely ADORABLE. Maleficent may have been a villain, but she was a fabulous one for sure.
I don't find MAC's lipsticks to be overly expensive (their glosses are - I don't believe glosses should ever cost more than lipstick), so this gets a 3 on the price from me. Some drugstore lipsticks are getting close to MAC in terms of price, so really, it's not a big deal to drop $15 on a lippie.

P.S. It just dawned on me that my two latest lipstick shade favorites have ties to Disney villains - Cruella by Nars and Violetta with its Maleficent-y goodness. They always were more fashionable than the heroines, weren't they?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this awhile ago at imats or the makeup show (both in nyc) but put it in my mua kit for clients, which I later totally forgot about. Then one day, recently I went into my kit to look for some business cards & just so happened to find it!! So I decided to clean it off with rubbing alcohol & keep in my personal collection!! It's such a pretty & bold color, I don't know why I didn't keep it for myself in the first place!! Smh!! Love it just wish I could have gotten heroin that's kinda similar to violetta when that came out!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by canceroustraguses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A little disappointed with this. It's very sheer. If you cake it on, it looks nice.
Purple lipsticks are VERY touchy. They either make you look dead, or awesome.
On me, it makes me look dead, so it's good for halloween. Cyber looks good on my though, in my opinion.
It looks so pretty in the package, so there's that :-)
I love the consistency, the smell is awful.
If you love purple and can pull off purples, then go ahead and buy this! If you're white as snow and want something dark, then buy cyber!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GlitterBug12

I LOVE this lipstick!! I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this one but I recently received it in a swap and thought I would give it a try. I'm not usually very adventurous with my choice of lipstick colours and tend to stick to either Mac's Marquise'd or Blankety but this one just jumped out at me! It appears very purple in the tube but when I lightly dabbed it on my lips it came out as more of a pale purple/pink shimmer. I then tried to layer it on & put Mac's On The Scene Cremesheen over it and I ADORED this look. I was able to wear it to work (I work for a Solicitor's) and I got so many positive comments. I love the amplified formula of Mac's lipstick too, and usually tend to get a good 3 hours wear out of them. Its definately made me want to try some other brighter lipsticks that would normally be out of my comfort zone, now if only I could get my hands on Show Orchid..........

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok so this color is definitely purple BUT unlike most of the amplified lippies you have to just dab it on. With this lippie you definitely have to add a couple of layers to get it that purple you see in the tube. Aside from the fact that it's not as pigmented as i would like, it is a BEAUTIFUL violet color. I just put on my lip balm, concealer and then this lipstick and no liner or gloss and it was stunning. On me it truly looks purple and leaves a fuschia stain on the lips when you blot it a bit, i don't really like fuschia much so I layer this on to REALLY get it purple.