Wet 'n' Wild Lipstick - 518B Whispering Dunes

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/9/2008 8:55:00 PM

I wore this for years and can not find it anywhere! I don't know if they discontinued this shade or not, but I would love to find it again. It is/was the perfect shade of pink and they do have a similar shade (518C I think it is called), but it is not the same shade or the same feel. If anyone can find this, please email me!

on 11/24/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It took me years to find a shade that fit my coloring so perfectly. I've been wearing 518B for years... and still get compliments!
When we moved from one state to another I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find my lipstick, I bought 10 tubes... and they all still work fine.

on 2/25/2006 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite lipstick color! its a matte brownie pink. i have light skin and eyes with dark hair and i think it matches nicely. i like to use it with the wet n wild lip liner 666 and then dab a bit of a shimmery pink gloss in middle of the bottom lip and clear gloss all over. its a really great color and stays a long time. I like it alone too, because its not shimmery and can be dramatic or neutral, just to add a little color. its .99c

on 6/3/2005 10:28:00 PM

I almost like this better than NARS 'Dolce Vita'. I said almost, NARS has better packaging. Love everything about Wispering Dunes except it can look a tad thick on the lip. Dabbed on instead of swiped looks better for moi. Then lined softly w/#666, add a spot of clear gloss and it's yummy beautiful.

okay the packaging is pretty cheap looking but the lipstick is fab! Its a nice neutral colour, does not have that horrid rancid fat smell that lots of cheap brands have, and suits many skin tones. My favorite everyday lipstick!!

on 1/19/2005 4:37:00 PM

This is such an easy color to wear. I have a medium, olive toned complexion and this is a great color for me but I could even see this looking good on a fairly pale person as well. Itís a soft mauvy-pink and just a little bit darker than my lips. It was so cheap, it was almost free. I would definitely try this if I were you. Hey, if you hate it, youíre only out one dollar plus tax. It has a faint berry smell which I like. Nothing too strong. It lasts long enough. I really donít like the packaging because after knocking around my purse for a couple of months the case is cracked and ugly. Its easy to put in a little pill box and they always say its better to apply your lipstick with a brush anyway. Problem solved

on 11/12/2003 5:51:00 AM

It's one of my favorite nudes. Not a wash-me-out nude, but you-look-good kinda nude. It's somewhere between mauve, pink, nude, beige, brown and makes my skin look clear. I don't know why but everytime I wear it, I get tons of compliments about my skin. My skin's nothing perfect, lol. For $0.99, I can't wish any more. Only if it were tad more moisturizing...

on 2/22/2003 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great neutral colour!
A nice pinky/brownish shade that would suit anyone. Definitely a staple for me. The packaging is ugly but oh well.

on 1/8/2003 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

518B Whispering Dunes is a beautiful neutral pinky brown shade that is extremely similar to Clinique Tenderheart (518B is just slightly pinker & I think Clinique wears a little better). Considering this is under $1 I think it's a great value & I will definitely repurchase. (BTW- I'm a cool PPP w/ dk brown hair & blue/green/gray eyes)

on 5/6/2002 1:52:00 PM

This is a great lipstick. Like all of the orig. WnW lipsticks, it's pretty sticky and tenacious. Also a little stinky. I melted it with a Dr. Pepper lipsmacker and it is now pretty much perfect! Lovely LBB shade extremely similar to trucco shadow pink beige. Matte finish. Very close also to color of #666 liner, tho perhaps a bit more pink than orange.

Popular Lipsticks