Lemon Juice

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 6/19/2015 11:18:00 PM

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR FACE!!!!!!!! The ph level of Lemon is far to acidic for ANYONE'S skin. Using it on your skin can result in dryness, irritation, sensitivity to the sun, and wrinkles. It also damages the lipid layer of your skin. Do some research!! Please do some real research before putting any 'DIY' on your face, because many popular DIY skin care trends can be very damaging to your skin. I really suggest checking out Veronica Gorgeois's YouTube channel if you wish to be well informed; she is a certified Esthetician and has some very informational videos that are VERY helpful for things like this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For drinking? love ittt
for face? oh nooo, it'll make your face sun sensitive and it'll backfire on your acne scars or any scars

on 6/9/2015 9:10:00 PM

You should not be using lemon on your face, you become more sensitive to heat and sun, and it is way too acid for your face.

on 5/9/2015 10:26:00 AM

I don't know why I keep trying, because every time I have it just irritates my skin, but lemon juice has not yielded any of the magical benefits that it has for other people. Every time I try it, I break out in a couple more zits. No, it's not purging, it's just irritation. Lemon juice must be too harsh for my skin.
What I'd do was, I get fresh lemons and squeeze the juice into a bowl of sugar, and use that as a lemon sugar scrub. Freaking every time, new zits, redness, and a tight feeling. So I'm just avoiding this stuff altogether. Glad that it works for some people, but not for me.

on 3/22/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Lemon has so many health benefits for not just your skin, but the entire body! I'm loving it! I don't put this on my face directly, as I have sensitive skin and I just couldn't imagine that being good for the skin. But I slice fresh lemon(sometimes limes too!) in house temperature water. That is what I drink everyday, all day. Not sure if it's the combination of the water and lemon, but my skin has detoxified and is so much more clarified. It's soft, bright and glowing! It's clear and I couldn't say that for a long time, very effective if used long term

on 2/26/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is extremely underrated considering how cheap and wonderful it is. That said, I believe this only works well for those with OILY, acne-prone skin, which is not prone to becoming too dry or irritated. I would also suggest not using it if you are a darker skin tone, because lemon is known to lighten skin over time. I used to use Peter Roth unwrinkle pads as my glycolic acid treatment, and loved it. However, the price was steep and my dermatologist told me if I was really that interested in acid, salycilic acid would be best. She advised me against using lemon juice straight, but since I had recently hit money problems it was as cheap as it could get. She told me she had used it as a teenager back in Serbia with 2 parts water as a toner and a good cream after at night, and the results were great. And so, I did the same that night (with the water, straight will burn and irritate), and felt some tingling but was overall fine and went to sleep. I continued doing this for a 2 weeks, and I am SO happy I did this! My acne scars have lightened dramatically more than with the peel pads, and I used those for a month! I have also been less oily, but not dry, and have been having less breakouts. Makeup looks much smoother and my skin seems to look less red and irritated when I choose to go bare. If you're on a budget, and you want to try something new for what I listed above, I say go for it! Super cheap, cost-effective, simple to do and all natural. What's not to like? And of course I'll repurchase, I always have lemons around anyway for lemon water. Best night toner ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

on 12/27/2014 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried lemon after reading rave reviews practically everywhere. It seemed perfect; it's cheap, simple and I know enough about science to know it's a citrus fruit and these are very acidic meaning it's a natural skin lightener. My first impression was that it stung, a lot, even though I diluted it 60:40 (Lemon:Water). But this was bearable to be fair and I slightly expected it to happen anyway. It then gave my skin a tight feeling, but the surface felt smooth to the touch. After 2 weeks, I evaluated the progress my face had made. I put lemon on consistently two times a day, never failing to do this. My skin had broken out, felt dry & nothing happened to the scarring. I know this would probably work if I continued it but I couldn't bring myself to. I'm now using vicco turmeric cream which I cannot rave about enough. It has improved my face so much. I have no breakouts now; and it feels soo much better. It's also helping the scarring slowly, but it's so good I'm willing to wait. Its so much better than Lemon or the Garnier Dark Spot cream which I tried too. I would recommend trying it! It's £7.99 for a medium size tune on Amazon, so it's not as cheap as lemon but one tube lasts around 2-3 months if you use it twice a day.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is (hands down) the best way to brighten your skin, even out oiliness, and fade scars or redness. i dillute the juice of a whole lemon with filtered water (1/10), then strain out any pulp or seeds. put it in a tupperware and leave it in the fridge. apply with a cotton ball at the end of the night, let dry, and apply night cream/moisturizer. it has worked miracles for me. i've had the same red spots for years because of acne i picked at when i was younger. gone now! costs barely anything at all, lemons are about 10 cents at the farmer's market near me. it's also helps with puffiness and my dark circles. i got results after the first night i used this recipe and have been using this for months now. it is perfect for me, although if you have dry or sensitive skin, you should probably dillute the lemon juice more or use it only 2 or 3 times a week. i recommend this to all my friends.

***********use this at night, before bed, as the acidity of the lemon juice may be too intense combined with sunlight.************

on 9/24/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used this for skin lightening and notice no significant results. I am not even sure if this worked or if they just lightened over time.
It also feels sticky and gross on the skin.
I stopped using this as I saw no real improvement.
I do use this in my diy scrubs

I use brown sugar, olive oil, and lemon.
Works wonderfully and skin soo smooth and soft after.
I make a batch and keep in my shower.
Works great on the face and I try to use at least once a week on my face for exfoliation.
I use 3-4x a week on my body.

Popular Treatments (Face)