September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Makeup Brushes - Posh foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by miamc12321

I was nearly disappointed in this brush at first. The first one I purchased shed in clumps when I took it out of it's little case. I just ran it gently across my hand and got a hand full of bristles. I promptly exchanged it, deciding to give it another chance. I thought maybe I got a dud. I brought the other one home, and tested it. No bristles... great. I figured I would give it a test drive. I am so glad I did not give up on this brush. It is so soft. It feels like it is spreading the B.B. cream giving off a great finish. The small concealer brush is a major plus. It helps blend around harder to get to places. It's no Real Techniques (which is my very favorite foundation brush), but it is now my second favorite next to that one. I am really glad I gave this a second chance. The only thing I would warn people to do is test the bristles before you buy just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush at a great value! I think this may be my new HG and just wish I had discovered it sooner, before trying other more expensive brands. I discovered this by a lucky accident at my local Bed, Bath and Beyond while shopping for other things. It caught my eye immediately because I had never seen such a large paddle foundation brush before. In searching for a HG I have tried just about every high end foundation brush there is (Urban Decay Optical Blurring, MAC 187, Bobbi Brown foundation brush, Cargo Magic Brush, Sephora Professional, Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush). Yet at a fraction of the cost, I would say that this brush performs just as well as the aforementioned brushes in giving an airbrushed finish. It has wonderfully soft bristles and a nice lacquered handle. I also like that it applies makeup evenly and gives a nice polished finish, but is also streak free and fairly natural looking too--it didn't look caked on no matter how much foundation I add. Since the bristles aren't as dense, I also love that it's easier to clean. Try it, you won't regret it (and even if you do, well, it doesn't cost much anyway so you won't feel the burn that much)!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by LittleDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent foundation brush. I usually don't use these sorts of paddle brushes - I tend to lean towards stippling brushes, beauty blender type sponges, or my fingers. But this brush is an exception - it applies my foundation beautifully. My favorite foundations include Kat Von D's Lock-It, MUFE Face and Body, Vincent Longo Sheer Matte, and Exuviance (Coverblend) Concealing Treatment Makeup. It applies all of these really well, despite their varying textures. I mostly use the tip in light, feathery strokes, after picking up some product from the back of my hand. I love that it's so big - my typical brushes would get sort of "gunked up" if i tried to layer, leading to a streaky finish. Not so with this brush. I wash it with Dr. Bronner's and haven't had any fallout or loosening of the head. I will be buying a back-up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by fudstone

I absolutely love this brush! I got the mini- sized one because the brush part was the same size as the full sized one, except instead of 12.99, I only paid 4.99. The brush handle is the only part that is mini.

I have only tried one other foundation brush besides this POSH one, and that was the ecoTools version. I hated the ecoTools one -- it made my foundation apply very streaky-like, no matter how much I attempted to blend.

However, this POSH brush applies my MUFE HD foundation like a dream. It blends nicely, doesn't shed, and the min-size is perfect, in my opinion.

Granted, I've only tried the POSH and ecoTools brands of foundation brushes, so there very might well be a better brush out there. But at 4.99, I don't see myself hunting for it right now.

Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an AMAZING, HUGE, SUPER SOFT foundation brush. Not floppy, perfect amount of spring in the bristles, applies like a dream.
And I paid under $11 for mine. Full stop.
I love it when I find random gems like this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first foundation brush I bought fell apart, came away from ferrel. I repaired and the glue did not hold. i just bought a new one because I love the size of this one. It's bigger than the ectools one. The posh brush cleans up well and i didn't have any shedding with mine. applies any of my liquid foundations great with even application. I hope this one does not fall apart. because of that i only gave it 4 lippies and after reading other reviews this seems to be an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pleased with this foundation brush. What I really dig about it is that the head of it is wide and the bristles so soft. I dont have a problem with it shedding and I think it gives me great coverage with my liquid foundation (I use MUFE face & body). The large head helps me get done with my application and blending quickly and keeps the whole process from being laborious. Plus the shiny red handle and grey and brown hairs really class up my make up brush collection. I'm a fan.

EDIT: Yea so I'm leaving 4 lippies because I still like the brush but after maybe a month of use the ferrule detached from the wood handle. I have crazy glue gel lying around so I fixed it pretty easily but I know theres a number of you that would consider that ordeal not worth the trouble. I have no idea why they wouldnt crimp the ferrule like everyone else to keep the brush head securely attached but whatever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS FOUNDATION BRUSH!!!! and i have tried so many good ones. but this brush is the best by far. It is so soft and doesn't shed. It spreads my liquid foundation and cream foundation beautifully and evenly and provides nice STREAK-FREE coverage. And it's huge so you finish your face quite quickly. Very easy to use. I have absolutely no complaints. I am so happy with this brush. I Will definitely buy again:) I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by bebejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing make-up brush! It has a very nicely lacquered red handle and the bristles are so soft! It is exactly what it says on the packaging "You might find a more expensive foundation brush, but you won't find a better one". Or something like that... I hope I'm not butchering their statement. Either way, it's a great brush! I apply Make Up For Ever's Face & Body Foundation with it every morning, and it feels so cool on my face, that it's a pleasure to apply make-up with it every morning! Very impressed, especially with the price! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for an inexpensive foundation brush when i came across this in a set with 4 other brushes for only $8.00 (the brushes are full size) , i remebered all the great things i had heard about posh through MUA so i thought i would give it a try and buy the set . I love this brush its soooo soft and dense it picks up me cream foundations perfectly , i have yet to try it with powder but im sure it would be great for that , the brush dries very quickly compared to my other brushes and im so glad i purchased this , i would reccomend this to anyone looking for Great foundation brush on any budget! my only complaint is that the hande came loose when i took it out of the package but it wasnt anything a little glue couldnt fix! i would repurchase again without a doubt!