November 27, 2014 | 951 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable, especially for fair-skinned people (like me).

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I don't know why I write these reviews because I wonder who reads them...Anyway, just to let you know I am a NC25 Yellow toned Asian girl, and I've always been very jealous of girls like Kim K or Paris Hilton who could pull off super pale lipsticks like Angel from MAC. I've accepted that that look will never look right with my hair color, skintone and features combined.

I got a full face makeover after I joined VIB ..complained that I look ugly in nude lips and she agreed :) and the lovely makeup artist used this color on me...and wow...this made my small lips look way bigger and sexier...like I dont have lipstick on at all but just a big transformation!! This color is quite mauve-y, and pink...brown...but it looks phenomenal and this is now my version of a nude lip. She added lip glace in blush from Laura Mercier and the two combined made me look hot!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a pale blue based pink with a hint of brown. It's quite creamy but somehow it emphasizes the lines on my lips and dryness of my lower lip. The colour looks like my lip but slightly more pink and there seems to be a layer of bluish pink that appears when the light catches it. On my NC25-30 skin tone this looks almost pinky nude. Great with dark eye makeup. I use this with a moisturizing lip balm and my tanya burr champagne toast lipgloss :) it's the perfect combo for that everyday look. My only complaint it the smell. The scent reminds me of those old fashion lipsticks from the 80s-90s - yucky!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A pinkier shade than I usually do but I'm so glad I took the chance on this - it really brightens my face (I'm fairly pale but olive-y) and the formula is AMAZING. It somehow manages to be long-lasting but not drying. Give the chemists an award for this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently received a little sample lip palette with a Bobbi Brown purchase and among other shades it contained this famous color. About ten years ago when I first tried the shade at the counter I did not care for it, I remember Sandwash Pink as a medium brownish pink with a caramel tinge. It was not deep enough to have much impact on my highly pigmented lips and I distinctly remember its warm undertone, which I felt was not a good fit for my pale cool toned complexion. Alas, when I tried it again in that little sample palette, as well as at the counter a few days later, it looked quite different. And I am glad to see the previous reviewer also mentioned that the shade as well as the formulation as a whole were obviously changed over the years. And changed for the better I must say. Sandwash Pink in its current form is a beautiful neutral pink, similar in shade to the (sadly and shockingly!) discontinued Brownie Pink lip color which was my everyday staple - but a tad pinkier and lighter than Brownie Pink. I am glad to find that Sandwash Pink does show up on my lips and the formula wears very well, it is non-drying with good coverage, makes my lips look naturally polished and it feels comfortable with decent staying power. I have worn Sandwash Pink every day since I got it a few weeks ago which says a lot, given the number of lipsticks I have in rotation. Retails for $25.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this. I bought this color several years ago and the whole thing was off. The color was bright and the smell was completely rancid. It looked nothing like the lipstick I swatched on my hand and tried on in the store. I decided to try it again because every time I walk by the Bobbi Brown counter, I swatch this and love the color.

Gorgeous YLBB shade. It's pink, and the name implies that it may be a warm pink, but it's not; it's a neutral soft, medium nude-pink lipstick that has a wonderful texture and excellent longevity. It wears for hours at a time. After eating and drinking, it fades of course, but it leaves behind a natural flush on the lips. It makes your lips look fuller and the creamy texture keeps them hydrated.

I have no complaints other than the price, but honestly, I would repurchase. There are so many lipsticks that I really love, but price keeps me from repurchasing, because I think I can always find a dupe. Not with this lipstick. The color and texture are both winners, so I will stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

A beautiful rosy beige shade on my NC 25 skintone. It enhances and polishes without being too loud and more than my MLBB shade since its not a nude that washes you out but a medium toned rose-pink beigy.Am glad with my purchase despite the ratings and love BB original lip colour line more with its vintage packaging like chanel rouge coco line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this and Pale Pink, as well as a semi-lipstick in Crystal Pink.
All of them make my lips sore. Within 5 minutes if applying my lips tingle and after a few applications my lips are dry and in need of lip salve.

It's annoying as the colour range is extensive but there is clearly an ingredient which doesn't suit my skin.

I also think they are expensive compared with cheaper brands. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for foundation and eye shadows but think almost £20 for lipstick is too much.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always been a fan of nude-rose shades of lipsticks so ever since I grabbed hold of one a few years back, I have never regretted buying and using this product time and time again. It's a shade you can wear in just about any occasion - from work to parties. It's not a loud scandalous color nor does it leave me looking sickly pale. It lives up to the rest of Bobbi Brown's strengths - it beautifies by subtly enhancing a lady's face. The only downside to the product is that after around 5 to 6 months of use, the remaining product kind of has this funky scent to it so I guess you best not let it stay unused. Other than that, I still LOVE this lipstick and will continue buying it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is a dark pinky brown which I would wear for day time. I topped this with crystal lip gloss and it looks really modern and feminine. I didnt like the smell of this though....but it wears off eventually. I think BB recommended this for Kate Middleton`s wedding so its a good bet if your walking down the aisle in summer. The color photos well.